YOUR FIRST PROFILE IMAGE!

Pages: first 12 next last
It's simple, post a picture of your first ever profile image here! (Even if you have to scavenge for it online.) You can also explain why you chose it, if you want.

Here's mine, for an example:

Well, i <3 Vanille, that's why i chose it. She is just so easy to love. (She is tied with sazh on this subject.)

Our first avatar here? I don't know if I can even find it anymore, whatever it was.

If I'd have to guess, I'd say that it was probably this one that I used to use a lot on various communities:

I believe my first was this one:

How about posting all my profile pictures:

i punched in RMN in the way back machine and found
as my avatar in 2007 (wowwowow wat a long time). I was probably into KoF back then or something.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?

Ace Attorney 4 lyfe
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
My first one on RMN? This kinda-sorta self-portrait thingy:

Anyway, I don't know how long that one lasted (probably several months), but I removed it, thus having no avatar, for probably several months afterward. After that, I put up the "Mina" edit I did for Matusmori Days. It can also be found in Arbiters From Another World:

That one lasted of a couple of months, then I switched off to "Mina", drawn in a totally different style:

Yeah, I recently uploaded some of these to my RMN locker. Wanna make something of it?
@Marrend I take it you're a fan of the colour blue.
Marrend
The color blue is one of my chief weapons. When coupled with fear... er, surprise and fear... er, surprise, fear, and my allegiance to the Pope...!

Never mind. That reference is going nowhere. Especially now that I sneak-changed my avatar to a version of "Shoko" I did for Heartache 101.
author=Marrend
The color blue is one of my chief weapons. When coupled with fear... er, surprise and fear... er, surprise, fear, and my allegiance to the Pope...!

Never mind. That reference is going nowhere. Especially now that I sneak-changed my avatar to a version of "Shoko" I did for Heartache 101.
Oh no! No more blue! Whatever will we do?
Hey, I played that! I even thought of reviewing it, but decided against it since it already had like 2 reviews. Did you do art for just Shoko, or the other characters as well?

I wish I had more pics to post, but I haven't been here that long...
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
I had some weird weeaboo avatar at first. Can't find it anymore, but it didn't represent my stupidness correctly so whatever.
Marrend
Did you do art for just Shoko, or the other characters as well?

I did art for characters that are contained in certain downloadable content. The main game's characters were done by flowerthief, though the same graphical style was used. There is one notable exception, but linking to it again in this post seems somewhat redundant.
Happy
Devil's in the details
I think this is the first avatar I used here:

though I switched to Yam Koo from Suikoden II soon after.

I had to dig through an old photobucket album to find this and was surprised to find out it was filled with hentai, lol.

Pretty sure this was the first.

If not, then this, but with the appropriate monochrome and hypertropic modifications. I wish I could find that particular .gif! I remember it taking me forever since it had around 30+ frames.

I have entirely too many of these.
The same one I have now.

This was long ago in another forgotten account that used to be me. but in this account i think it would be the strongest (Cirno)

I got a lot of trouble because that of a pic being smaller than 150px that wasn't before on the community :3
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Wow this is an old topic.

Apparently (using the Wayback Machine) mine was this:

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I can't find my absolute first, but here was the first one that the Wayback Machine could manage to find. Whadya know, it's an RTP faceset.

I also found this little diddle whilst browsing the old gamingw forums.

I think this particular image should come back.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Necroposting in a thread about bringing back things that disappeared from the forum years ago? I can dig it.

Like most people, my first was the main character of the first game I submitted. Behold his glorious spiky hair.

After quickly realizing this was totally lame, it got hastily changed to a rabite from Secret of Mana.

After arguing in game design threads for a few months, and wanting people to stop acting like I was attacking them and start realizing that I was trying to help them improve their games, I changed my avatar to Dr. House. He gave the perfect impression: he's an asshole, but it's not just for the sake of being an asshole, it's because he cares way more about finding the answer than about your feelings. He uses people as a sounding board for debates, whether they wanted a debate or not, because the search for knowledge matters more than whatever the hell you were trying to do when he interrupted you. He tells you why you're terrible, but also how to fix it, and he expects you to do the same to him. He embodied everything I was trying to do on this website, and I found that people took offense to my statements a lot less if they read my posts in his voice.

At one point Dudesoft and I were running a pair of intertwined forum games set in the Final Fantasy universe, and he was making hand-drawn blue window avatars for all the players. All the normal players had original characters, but my character was actually Locke. He made this amazing avatar for me, which I still use on AIM and Skype and most other places:

Then the game ended. And, so, I made my own. Again with Locke in the same style of blue window, but... a totally different Locke. John Locke.

Then it was the body of John Locke (philosopher) with the face of John Locke (Lost).

I really liked that one but no one knew what it was so I changed it back to House. after like six months of not being House. House stayed up there a long time. I changed to a new House avatar a couple times though:

At one point, everyone on the forums had pony avatars, so I made a My Little Pony version of House by finishing and coloring some half-done line art I found online, probably done by some poor sob on deviantart:

I used that avatar with the syringe for a LONG time. Eventually someone suggested that, while House's personality was perfect, I wasn't a doctor, and he should be holding something other than a syringe. So I photoshopped a Final Fantasy 6 cartridge into his hand.

And that is my story.
Pages: first 12 next last