WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i've already brought up in a previous topic that he's trying to be a really terrible version of me circa 2011-12

edit: wow pagesnipe

i'm thinking about how it is getting dark out SO EARLY nowadays... pitch black at 4:45pm
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Ratty524
author=Corfaisus
author=pianotm
There's a saying in journalism: There's no such thing as "bad publicity".

ANYTHING that draws the attention of the public is fair game for marketing.
Companies want to make money? I'm shocked. Time to go on a tirade about it. I'll just need to come up with a catchy name for "my people".

*gets out from under his mile-wide rock, sees the sun and scurries back into the darkness.*

I'll take the battle to the streets from the safety of my keyboard.
Umm... I don't think piantotm was going on any sort of tirade about anything. Come on, you're better than this.

It's okay, I didn't interpret the comment as being about me.

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I don't have to tell you why this is fucked up, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Pro-life nutcase ending lives for justice(?).

You don't have to like people, but you sure as shit don't have to shoot them dead.

I have reason to believe that most people who are pro-choice choose life unless handed a grave reason to do otherwise (adoption is in most cases an option). Nobody is enough of a monster to go through with an abortion and never once reflect on the potential life that was snuffed out. That has to be haunting, to know that it could have just as easily been you.

So why are we killing the independently-living who have long since established their own lives on this Earth with their own families, friends and professions? It doesn't make any goddamn sense.
It's also incredibly horrible since fucking abortion clinics - as they're called - are very often places that also double as places to learn about parenthood and responsibilities, places where pregnant women go to get health checks for cheap, places where teens can go and learn without judgement about sexual information (and get the Morning After Pill so that there's no need to have an abortion in the first fucking place), places that help people make the choice whether they want to have a baby or not by giving proper information, places that allow for sexual disease checks to be done... among many other things.

They are not just places to 'go get da babby killed'. That is the least of their uses - the actual 'babby killin' gets done in a fucking hospital, ffs.

Those people are fucked up idiots who deserve to be shot instead. Sorry, kinda sick of hearing all the 'hurr durr no gun control' and 'hurr durr omg the shootins' so frankly, if you're gonna have guns as a major part of your society you might as well bring back the firing squad for fucked up assholes like this.
Corfaisus
author=Liberty
Sorry, kinda sick of hearing all the 'hurr durr no gun control' and 'hurr durr omg the shootins' so frankly, if you're gonna have guns as a major part of your society you might as well bring back the firing squad for fucked up assholes like this.
author=Liberty
Sorry, kinda sick of hearing all the 'hurr durr no gun control' and 'hurr durr omg the shootins' so frankly, if you're gonna have guns as a major part of your society you might as well bring back the firing squad for fucked up assholes like this.
author=Liberty

This isn't about gun control, twat.
Except it kinda is considering every place in America seems to have to have safe rooms for bunkering down in just in case a mad gunman comes through the door and the guy used a gun to kill people (since, hey, gunman). It's incredibly stupid and hey, attitudes like that one you just showed is exactly what I'm talking about - 'hurr durr it ain't about gun control hurr durr'. Maybe if your country had some we wouldn't be hearing about people shooting each other every goddamn day. :/

Also, might want to tone down the insults, sunshine.
Corfaisus
author=Liberty
Except it kinda is considering every place in America seems to have to have safe rooms for bunkering down in just in case a mad gunman comes through the door and the guy used a gun to kill people (since, hey, gunman). It's incredibly stupid and hey, attitudes like that one you just showed is exactly what I'm talking about - 'hurr durr it ain't about gun control hurr durr'. Maybe if your country had some we wouldn't be hearing about people shooting each other every goddamn day. :/

The guy could've used a knife (which is totally legal in your country). I repeat:

This isn't about fucking gun control.

author=Liberty
Also, might want to tone down the insults, sunshine.
author=Liberty
'hurr durr it ain't about gun control hurr durr'.
author=Liberty
author=Liberty
author=Liberty
author=Liberty
author=Liberty
author=Liberty
author=Liberty

Boo hoo. Maybe be, I dunno, smart and not dish it out. M'kay, sweetie pie?
Except they explicitly mention the building being built like a fort, just in case of this kind of scenario, and that people bunkered down in a room dedicated for safety with this scenario. Oh, and a knife wouldn't have managed to hurt 8 people in very short order and the guy didn't use one - he used a gun. Which is what makes this a gun control issue. Just like every other time people get their hands on guns and shoot a bunch of people - which is pretty damn often. That is what makes it a gun control problem. If he'd had a knife, fucker would have been kicked down very fast with minimal damage. People wouldn't have had to run to a dedicated room to hide from a knife-wielding fuckstick because security would have managed to get the fucker quite quickly and not have to deal with a projectile-firing death-machine. He would have only been able to attack one person at a time and been easily dealt with. But hey, sure, the fact that he could easily get a gun and put dozens of lives in danger just like every other whack-job. Totes not an issue with any kind of control being put on guns at all.

Sure, keep thinking that, but hey, don't expect people not to get jaded every time you and others go 'omg there was a shooting!!!' and don't expect people not to point out that the issue of not having gun control is what is causing this bullshit to happen all the goddamn time.
Corfaisus
AMERICA

This is what you're looking for, right? Just stupid horseshit that's easy to wipe away. Sure, I'll play that game.

I wish Australia had more stereotypical dumb shit to pick apart other than "dat outback is bad news, m8", but hey hey, nobody cares enough to project good ol' Australia into the spotlight. Nope, free to bitch about everyone else's issues.

I mean, I suppose I could make sweeping claims about how the general Aussie populace is too fucking stupid and hand-fed not to allow a domestic terrorist who wants to nuke half the continent to mine for who gives a shit to get their hands on the codes and has to have the brilliant minds of clowns like friendlyjordies to raise enough of a stink to permeate the thick barrier of everyone else's subconscious to make everyone realize just how hopeless Australia is. Overpriced video games are the least of your worries.

You're everything that the UK isn't, only too far out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere to remain relevant.
I wish Australia had more stereotypical dumb shit to pick apart other than "dat outback is bad news, m8", but hey hey, nobody cares enough to project good ol' Australia into the spotlight. Nope, free to bitch about everyone else's issues.

Probably has a lot to do with the fact that Australia isn't an absolute train wreck of a country that constantly bullies everyone else and loudly screeches like a bunch of babies when someone pleads that they smarten the fuck up about things the rest of the world has had under control for ages.

But to each other their own.

Honestly I'm just sort of amazed at how freakishly childish this topic has gotten lately.

I mean, I suppose I could make sweeping claims about how the general Aussie populace is too fucking stupid and hand-fed not to allow a domestic terrorist who wants to nuke half the continent to mine for who gives a shit to get their hands on the code

An American poking another country about nuclear safety. That's rich. Your country has had the world on the brink of nuclear Armageddon for the last 72 years, and the only thing that's saved us so far is a lot of dumb luck.

But of course, this isn't about Nuke Control.
Corfaisus
If it's any consolation, I like your new avatar. You've improved.

author=Pizza
Honestly I'm just sort of amazed at how freakishly childish this topic has gotten lately.

Someone (I'm not pointing fingers) thought it'd be a good idea to keep this place open past page 1000, which coincidentally is when everything went straight to hell. Go figure.

I wish I was drunk, that way I could blow up and have an escape immediately afterward, which I think is the case here.

author=Pizza
An American poking another country about nuclear safety. That's rich. Your country has had the world on the brink of nuclear Armageddon for the last 72 years, and the only thing that's saved us so far is a lot of dumb luck.

But of course, this isn't about Nuke Control.

To be fair, the last time we as a country factually tried to wipe ourselves off the face of the planet was the Civil War. Back then all we had were slow, unreliable rifles and MiniƩ balls. Maybe all this time 'staring down the barrel of a gun' has just made us smart about viable danger, while Australia apparently still hasn't learned not to touch a hot stove-top.

Really, it's the same as a tough kid thinking he'd last a day in prison. Their lack of real-world experience will cost them dearly.
Oh, you don't have to tell me what a fucked up place Australia is. I'm quite aware, and I quite agree, there are things here that definitely need changing especially in regards to mining and shit like that. But see, that's where we differ. I see the issues wrong with my country and my country-peeps.

We're full of racist assholes who are constantly acting like idiots about such things as helping refugees and selling off our businesses and lands to other countries and corporations, but funnily enough, that doesn't actually kill people here on a day to day basis and it's certainly not something we constantly point out like 'OMG LOOK ANOTHER COMPANY BOUGHT OUT BY <insert racist descriptor here>' as though it's the company that's at fault and not our own fucking laws on the matter.

Unlike certain other places where they constantly go 'whyyyy whyyy the death omg all the killings' and in the same breath do the old 'but we can't give up the things that are killing all the childrens because then we cant protect ourselves against the killings' as though getting rid of one wouldn't solve the other... as has been shown to be the case many times in many other countries.

But sure, I'll freely and happily admit that Australia is not the great country some people see it as being, and I've never said it was the perfect place and that it's miles ahead than others. And hell, our government is full of fucks - we've never bee proud of the idiots that serve there because we're quite happy to admit the fact that yes, we're screwed up in many ways, but at least when someone took out 30 people said fuckwit government stepped in and said 'you know what? these guns. not a good idea for everyone to have access so easily to them, you know?' and sure, people weren't happy about the whole thing but hey, it worked and it may be one of the few things our government ever did right (don't even mention apology day - that's a farce if ever I saw one and is complete bullshit. I mean, really, how fucked up is it how long it took to actually admit that 'hey, maybe stealing kids from their parents just because they were black is a shitty thing to have done').

But we kinda own up to that and say 'yeah, we're kinda fucking idiots over here about some stuff and yes, things should be changing' instead of steadfastly denying the issue is an actual fucking issue and big part of what is plaguing the country.
Everyone in this conversation is heavily simplifying a bunch of major issues that aren't easily solved, and I'd wager most of the people who engage in these conversations have probably never left their country of origin, and has only heard about other countries either in the news or through internet gossip.

I'm not saying that waives your right to have an opinion, but it definitely ensures that you probably don't know what you're talking about.

author=Liberty
But we kinda own up to that and say 'yeah, we're kinda fucking idiots over here about some stuff and yes, things should be changing' instead of steadfastly denying the issue is an actual fucking issue and big part of what is plaguing the country.

The issue is far more complex than that, Liberty, and you know it. To pretend that a country of 300 million people don't care about an issue within that country instead of recognizing that same issue is complex and not easily solved, and in some cases are out of our hands, is unfair.

author=Corfaisius
To be fair, the last time we as a country factually tried to wipe ourselves off the face of the planet was the Civil War. Back then all we had were slow, unreliable rifles and MiniƩ balls. Maybe all this time 'staring down the barrel of a gun' has just made us smart about viable danger, while Australia apparently still hasn't learned not to touch a hot stove-top.

To deny America (and the USSR's) role in almost causing nuclear Armageddon is pretty foolish, the Bay of Pigs was the closest we've ever came to it. Almost nothing about the Cold War was altruistic, and we've made a lot of bystander countries pay dearly for it, which a lot of citizens are still recovering from (example; Latin America). It's true that since then, the USA has been taking a hard line against nuclear proliferation, but that is mainly because we were partially responsible for it in the first place.

Everyone in this conversation needs to calm down and read some books, or something.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
can we have a bitter thinking about topic for the bizzare monkey shit, the suicide shit, the drunken shit, the gun control shit, the racism shit, etc. so that i can avoid it

and then just keep this topic for fun thinking about that i can read at work

thanks
Corfaisus
author=Feldschlacht IV
To deny America (and the USSR's) role in almost causing nuclear Armageddon is pretty foolish, the Bay of Pigs was the closest we've ever came to it. Almost nothing about the Cold War was altruistic, and we've made a lot of bystander countries pay dearly for it, which a lot of citizens are still recovering from (example; Latin America). It's true that since then, the USA has been taking a hard line against nuclear proliferation, but that is mainly because we were partially responsible for it in the first place.

Of course, but what I was getting at was a situation where we pointed a gun at our own heads (with no one else around) and had to decide whether or not it would be a good idea to pull the trigger. That level of fuckery that makes modern day catastrophes look tame.

And from what I've read, a big part of why we're not all gung ho on nuclear weapons now is mainly the aftermath of the bombing of Hiroshima. Knowing human beings were reduced to radioactive dust by the push of a button would certainly make me rethink their usage.

author=Craze
can we have a bitter thinking about topic for the bizzare monkey shit, the suicide shit, the drunken shit, the gun control shit, the racism shit, etc. so that i can avoid it

thanks

But then what would we talk about?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Which only means you're not hopelessly sociopathic or psychopathic. There are plenty of people in politics who genuinely cannot understand how or why murdering hundreds of thousands of people at a time is wrong (They may know it's wrong because it's what they've learned, but they cannot fathom the reason and would have no compunctions about doing it if they thought they could justify it in any way.).
Corfaisus
I think (on paper anyway) that taking away all the guns would be a net win for America, if such a thing were even feasible.

Then again, if Russia is suffering so bad, why don't they just assassinate Putin and be done with it? That'd surely solve everything, right? No loose threads? Worked when we shot Osama bin Laden in the face.

Maybe we can solve world hunger by throwing canned food at it? We can solve everyone's sociological differences by dismantling structures that uphold hatred and bigotry. Let's burn some churches in the name of tolerance.

Why don't we just round up all the trouble-makers, put them in prison camps and slowly kill them off for the welfare of our people, then maybe we can make our country great once again...

We've seen this kind of thing happen before. It's not that easy.

If you think you've got the answers to every one of the world's problems, you're no better than this guy, because you're dead fucking wrong. THIS is what this is about.

REACTIONARY MANSLAUGHTER

hurr durr murica durr
author=Corfaisus
I think (on paper anyway) that taking away all the guns would be a net win for America, if such a thing was even feasible.

The biggest issue with this (and I know you're just speaking a hypothetical, so I'm not attacking ya!) is that this is not possible, at all. It's hard to imagine for many non-Americans, because a gun is something you may rarely ever see. For Americans however, guns are everywhere, and even if they banned guns forever under penalty of death for eternity, there are still hundreds of millions of firearms floating around that are quite easy to obtain. Like, from '0 knowledge of guns' to 'I own several guns!' in like an hour easy to obtain. It's very easy to obtain a firearm here, legal or not.

That, and there's a cultural difference; even if magically all guns in America actually did disappear, the culture, population, framework, infrastructure, and everything else still exist, and we'd be right back to square one. Gun laws should be examined and changed, but its an issue with culture before all else.

Non Americans just don't understand this, hence the well meaning but immature reasoning of 'why don't you just ban them!!!' The genie is out of the bottle when it comes to guns in America; we can slowly reduce their proliferation, but banning guns entirely overnight would be a futile gesture. Slowly changing our culture when it comes to firearms and violence in this nation is the key. Which is what's happening; violent crime in the US and all over the world is actually decreasing!

I'm all for outside criticism of America, but I always take it with a grain of salt because a lot of those same people have never even fucking stepped foot here.

Anyway, I agree with Craze!
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Also Australia has plenty of laughable hilarious stereotypes, we just don't give a shit because while we may be weird, we don't have the guilty conscience America does, since for the most part we aren't bullies.

Australia has some shitty people, i.e. like me! But it's got some pretty amazing people, too.

Overall the whole 'gun laws' thing, it's too late. The moment a state enforces gun laws school shootings happen because no one can legally buy a weapon to defend themselves and those who seek to do harm are going to get one. States with no guns allowed just become easy targets.

We got on it early over here. I've only seen a real gun once and it's been in a policeman's holster. A lot of police choose not to use them, just because it's too great of a responsibility.

author=Ratty524
You're a trip, BM. Like, do you realize that a lot of what you say we think about you is mostly exaggerated, in your head, and not actually the case? It actually concerns me a little bit that you seem to have some kind of vendetta against us, as evidenced by how you specifically point out that you are changing for yourself and not this community, in addition to intentionally instigating drama for your own amusement.
I hold no vendetta against the members here. I know some of these allegations of me being a monster are complete horseshit.

You guys would argue about anything, like I said, it's not in my interests to get myself wrapped up in this crap anymore, I'm a facilitator, not an assassin.

There will always be arguments, look at Corf and Libby go, for instance. Stating that I caused anything is simply responding ideally to my taking credit for the volatile apprehensive nature this forum has on it's own.

author=Ratty524
Honestly, the most anyone expects out of you, or ANYONE ELSE in this community is to not be a stupid asshole. How hard is that, really? You don't even have to be the resident idiot if you don't want to be. You can repair your "tarnished" name by learning to actually respect other people's opinions and not shifting responsibilities off yourself like a 10-year old. It'll take time, but it's worth it.
Oh, no. I've fallen for this 'be what other people want me to be' trap before. In this world, with a limited time that remains, I will be who I am and act how I would, asking me not to be a stupid asshole might be a good way to make the headlines, but it doesn't really work considering the only reason my instigation works is because all of you are so very easy to rouse in the first place.

You act like me pitting members against each other is a crime, but really I'm just taking credit for what happens anyway.
If you aren't convinced that I'm right about this, talk to Addit, Craze, or even myself about this.
I care very little about being right, and it'd be pretentious of me to say I know what people truly think of me.

I just don't care anymore, I used to... I tried to be cool and have you guys like me, but whether the fault is on me or you guys for that failing, I don't know, but none of you are worth the effort. Craze's assumption that I'm trying to be him 'x years ago' when I wasn't even around during his 'so-called era' is pretty telling of why I've no desire to be what he believes is a better him or a better me.

I'm here to make games, I was here to make friends, too. But honestly, I left the latter of that behind a while ago. I'm done trying to be nice or whatever for the sake of that. That said, I've no intent to be an asshole either, I'm just gonna be me! :)

If you can't stand me, then that's no longer my concern.

author=Craze

thanks
Hahahahahaha.

Sorry just, you want something actually decent to read at work and think here is a good place?

Good god, lol. Read a book or something.