WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Is there also such a thing as a thinshake? Also now I really want a milkshake. I'm totally gonna get one later. It's decided!

My last three keyboards have been the same :P it's the Wave, which is super goofy looking but actually really nice because I have a bum wrist. And they're so cheap now!
I really like basic rectangular no-frills low-key-travel keyboards.

I hate extra functionality buttons like CALCULATOR and BROWSER and shit like that, especially if they are on the left hand side of the keyboard, because they inevitably get hit by accident, and I never use them purposefully. (I do like volume and mute buttons though). If the \ button is to the left of the ENTER key and not above it (as it should be), I dislike it. Function keys should be nice and easy to hit.

This is close to my keyboard right now:

However, above the ENTER key is the \ key, and there is a mute, volume + - buttons just above the arrow keys, and the PrtScr, ScrollLock and PauseBreak keys are up on the same row as the F1-12 buttons
The keyboard that I currently use is the Steelseries Apex Raw: http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-apex-raw-gaming-keyboard

I am a big fan of steelseries stuff. My mouse, mouspad and headphones are also Steel products. They just make quality shit that's comfortable to use.

I also have a Razer Blackwidow Chroma in storage in case my Apex Raw ever breaks down: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-chroma

I got it last time I visited home as part of a birthday gift. It's a pretty nice keyboard, but I prefer the Apex to be honest, since it has lower keys and a more comfortable profile.
that APEX keyboard looks nice except for all of those keys on the left side. I hate keys there.
I'm thinking that someone should make a mech game set in Texas called TexMechs.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=turkeyDawg
I'm thinking that someone should make a mech game set in Texas called TexMechs.

Or Czechoslovakia and call it Czech's Mechs. A futuristic war game set in the past.
I came close to reviewing a game right now. I know I had wanted to review one game in particular, but I can't remember what it was.
Any Suggestions?
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=MajoracanKing
I came close to reviewing a game right now. I know I had wanted to review one game in particular, but I can't remember what it was.
Any Suggestions?

The offer is open if you think you're good enough.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=MajoracanKing
Any Suggestions?

There are a couple of 'review my game' threads out there, go check them out and answer the call of feedback hungry devs.
Corfaisus
Apparently I'm so needy I can't go one day without cuddling. I'm too upset to even play Megaman 2 right now. None of the cats want to cuddle so I'm left to bitch it up in my room.

But you know, the internet doesn't give two squirts of piss about some "sob story".

Depression or whateverthefuck sucks, man. It sucks hard.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Finally got around to doing a test-drive of ePSXe, a PlayStation emulator. The game I played (Grandia, if you really want to know) seemed to skip a bit with some of the camera movements, but, there wasn't much else to note. I didn't play it for very long, though, as I just wanted to see if the bloody thing worked. Now that I know that it does, I may be looking into playing some Breath of Fire 3 (Actually, I've wanted to do this since the BOF mafia thread, and yes, I'm that terrible), Xenogears, or Vagrant Story. Though, it might be interesting if the old UGE file for Castlevania - Symphony of the Night is at all compatible with ePSXe's save format.

Aside: I might also want to try hooking up the extra PS3 controller that's just hanging around.

*Edit, @MajoracanKing: Try checking out this thread.
A thickshake is basically a thick milkshake (using more ice-cream :q ). And yes, thinshakes exist. They're also known as diet shakes and I've never tasted one that was yummy. :<

I've had the same keyboard since '98. By which I mean, I had the exact same keyboard til January of this year, when it finally broke on me. I bought the exact same fucking thing because I love the layout and key pressability of it so much. Luckily, I hadn't got around to tossing the old one since my new one got dead last night, so... :DDD

If you're looking for a good 'on the go' keyboard...
Corfaisus
I slept it off and had an enlightenment dream about the apocalypse. All is right with the world.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Hahaha, oh my god , my family had the same exact keyboard, Liberty. I think it must've came with the computer we got like... 15 years ago. We probably still have it around somewhere as a spare.

I always wanted to try a mechanical keyboard because I have friends who love them, but they're really expensive and I don't wanna spend a ton of money to find out I hate it, y'know?

Also, I totally happened to have everything I needed to make a milkshake, even chocolate frosting to make up for my freezerburnt ice cream! It was great.

author=Corfaisus
Apparently I'm so needy I can't go one day without cuddling. I'm too upset to even play Megaman 2 right now. None of the cats want to cuddle so I'm left to bitch it up in my room.

It happens dude, no worries.
I have a stuffed corgi my sister got me from a con, it's supposed to be Ein from Cowboy Bebop, but I call him Scooch and he makes for a good pillow.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Corfaisus

But you know, the internet doesn't give two squirts of piss about some "sob story".

Depression or whateverthefuck sucks, man. It sucks hard.

I've been trying real hard not to think about it. I'll start thinking about it and grab one of my wife's stuffed animals and just start crying and that only makes it worse. If I keep busy--writing, reading, gardening, gam mak, playing piano--it passes and I'm fine.

Edit: Those old Compaq keyboards are great. I use to buy expensive keyboards, but that shit breaks fast. 10 dollar crap keyboards last forever.
Yup! It came with my first Windows PC - a Compaq. I still use the original speakers.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=slash
I see where you're coming from, Yellow. I feel the same way sometimes and I've definitely calculated my "free hours per week" before. I'm not sure what you can do about it, except for maybe live as cheaply as possible and maybe buy yourself some time off to do what you love? Or try to cut corners by sleeping less, moving closer to your office, etc.

Nah, this isn't something I wrote and I can't say I considered 'free hours per week' before...reading this was a real eye-opener tho. I both sleep less these days
and live a 20 minute bus ride away from work (which in London is a bloody miracle).

Or get a job that you love going to! Easier said than done, of course.

Emphasis on easier said than done ;_; It's funny - last night I met a couple of Uni friends and 3 out of 5 of us hated our jobs because we felt misplaced. It's a very common thing in graduate jobs here.

Being self-employed could help if you can afford it, but often it's as time-consuming as a full-time job, if not more so, and often it pays less! It might help cut down on stuff like travel time, though.

Yeah, which is why I wouldn't want to go self-employed anytime soon. After a couple of years, I might decide to become a contractor, though.

Who knows, I feel like our generation is slowly moving toward a less "traditional" life plan - traditional meaning "buy a house, get a mortgage, get married, have kids, and commit to the same thing for forty years". There are still plenty who do that of course, which is cool! But having more options is also cool, and I think that with that, we'll see more job-hopping, location-hopping, exploring, and other things, and possibly work culture changes that accommodate it.

Yeah, I would like job-hopping to become even more socially acceptable, and not feeling pressure to marry earlier than you feel is right (although the latter is more of an Asian cultural thing LOL). I would also like flexible working hours to be more widespread...

Who knows, I might be being too optimistic :P but it's nice to imagine!

As Maya Amano once said "LET'S POSITIVE THINKING"
Please come watch Gourd and I play Life is Strange! It'll work for longer than 5 minutes this time!

http://www.twitch.tv/supernaturaled
finals finals finals finals *breaks down crying*