WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=LockeZ
@pianotm: There's nothing wrong with what you're saying, I guess depression is mostly just the most simple and obvious outcome you'd want to use in a sequel that takes place several years later, as it would justify her not doing anything or growing during that time. Any more complex reaction would need to be much more well-explained. Nothing about her character "growth" was well-explained in any way. I put growth in quotes because I maintain that she was simply replaced by the marketing team with a different character whose archetype scored better with their demographics, and then given the same name, graphics and voice actor as a character in the first game so as to try to tie the story together.

Okay, I just saw a completely different character progression than you did, apparently, but you make a good point in that subtlety in writing Yuna's character was probably a mistake. Clearly, many gamers don't do subtle.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Now that I think about it, all they did was turn her into Tidus. That's exactly what she is in FFX-2. She's Tidus. She's spunky and goofy and is used to being at center stage, and she easily bounces back from anything, and she has bad-looking nonsymmetrical clothes, and there's some kind of adventure happening with cool people so she's gonna go do that with them. Their marketing advisory team told the writers of FFX that they needed the main character to be that kind of carefree, happy-go-lucky, youthful, adventurous personality, and then with FFX-2 they told them the exact same thing again. It makes so much sense now.

(Implying that there was any story reason for this change is kidding yourself. Main character personalities and appearances aren't decided by a writer. They're decided by an advisory board of twenty people.)
In Smash 3DS's For Glory mode, I just had a match with a Captain Falcon (I was playing as Kirby) I copied his Falcon Punch ability and then actually managed to get the finishing blow on him with it! I've hit C. Falcons with their own Falcon Punch before, sure, but I think I've only actually KO'd them with it a few times.

What is this wonderfully joyous feeling I'm feeling?
sorry to interrupt the discussion on Yuna, I'm just happy and want to tell someone about it

Edit: Aaaaand just realized I forgot to save the replay for that match. Hmph.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=wildwes
What is this wonderfully joyous feeling I'm feeling?

It's probably the same one I got from watching the Game Grumps go wild playing Ice Hockey for the NES. So much energy and I can't stop a smile from coming to my face.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I just finished The Day of the Triffids, which is just god damn amazing and insanely up my alley.
for being a 1963 movie I really couldn't find anything wrong with it or that irked me. Perfect, maybe?
I haven't enjoyed a movie so much in so long, probably because I walked into it with zero expectations.

Go watch it if you're a fan of old movies with survival/horror themes, because damn ya'll.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
If you like Wyndham's work you should track down The Midwich Cuckoos, filmed as The Village of the Damned. The 60's version, not the Carpenter remake with Christopher Reeve.

Though read the books too, they're dated but still a great read.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I read the book when I was ten and saw of the film. I enjoyed book back then. I probly wouldn't like book now too due to my reaction on Truffaut's adaptation of Fahrenheit 451. I have quite a love for Bradburry and film is total artistic intellectual nonsense.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'm considering taking a break from RMN for a while. If I start up Bun-Bo 2, it would realistically be another couple months of dicking around on another project that doesn't get me anywhere.
After Battledome 5, I'll jet. Need to stop giving myself an excuse to spend my art time on community projects.
I'll be back probably by summer or later, depending on whatever I'm working on; if it gets rolling or not.
author=Dudesoft
I'm considering taking a break from RMN for a while. If I start up Bun-Bo 2, it would realistically be another couple months of dicking around on another project that doesn't get me anywhere.
After Battledome 5, I'll jet. Need to stop giving myself an excuse to spend my art time on community projects.
I'll be back probably by summer or later, depending on whatever I'm working on; if it gets rolling or not.
I am genuinely curious: what is it about working on RMN projects that doesn't get you anywhere? Where do you hope to get? What's the end game?

I totally understand that spending time on hobbyist projects on a hobbyist website would be considered a waste if your main goal is professional projects. Like, if you are making a commercial game (and not something you are just doing on the side - like, the commercial game is your main THING), then yeah working on, say, Befuddle Quest 7 would be a waste of time.

But if you main thing is, say, web development at an insurance place, then working on a hobbyist project isn't a waste.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=kentona
author=Dudesoft
I am genuinely curious: what is it about working on RMN projects that doesn't get you anywhere? Where do you hope to get? What's the end game?

I totally understand that spending time on hobbyist projects on a hobbyist website would be considered a waste if your main goal is professional projects. Like, if you are making a commercial game (and not something you are just doing on the side - like, the commercial game is your main THING), then yeah working on, say, Befuddle Quest 7 would be a waste of time.

But if you main thing is, say, web development at an insurance place, then working on a hobbyist project isn't a waste.

BEFUDDLE QUEST 7 CONFIRMED!

Edit: I don't know, but you haven't to start anything to hang around. Community's insight can be good fer yer commercial growth.
wow I haven't been on for almost a month wtf

How's everyone doin'? Been busy as hell, lol.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Dudesoft no don't go

We love you Dudesoft

You ARE the community! Do not abandon us!
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=nhubi
If you like Wyndham's work you should track down The Midwich Cuckoos, filmed as The Village of the Damned. The 60's version, not the Carpenter remake with Christopher Reeve.

Though read the books too, they're dated but still a great read.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to look into that. And man, I haven't read a good book in ages...
And Wyndham is crazy talented in story telling.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=kentona
author=Dudesoft

It's mostly, Time = Money. I have no problem wasting my time at work, on my phone, on rmn. It kills time great. But I always find this drive to make community games or something fun, and it might start innocently, but quickly devolves to me spending weeks on a comic for a prelude to an event.
I just... ALL THAT TIME could be spent working on my comic. Or anything! I exhaust my time at work, and the little time I have at home doing nothing.
RMN is awesome, and I love you all. I will be back, and this isn't some ragequit or something. I just need to clear everything from my world so I can focus on what I'm trying to do: Comics!
I've been puttering about with Templar Knights, Totally Jacked!, and other things for what is quickly becoming years now. It would be nice to have one or all of those on my shelf instead of in my mind.
TL;DR - I'm taking time off to focus on my art.

edit: Just want to add, I'm only vanishing for a little while. Like a few months.
LockeZ
As long as you keep posting stuff here to show us what you're working on

Watch 1:23 to 1:29
Now I can't stop thinking about LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JENKINS!!!
nhubi
We'll see you when you get back Dudesoft. Go clear your head, you'll feel better for it.
I need an ice-cold Coke. >< It's 40 degrees Celsius today ( oh wait, there's one in the fridge at home. I'm cracking it open as soon as I get home from work ). And thinking of gam mak when you're at work is torture for me.
nhubi
Aren't your offices airconditioned?
They are, but I'm still feeling a bit worn down. Office is a bit quiet too ( that's why I'm browsing the forums now ^^ ).