WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, they never really make you run. You're perfectly free to just walk a mile at a leisurely pace.

It was really nice outside today in the US though. In the midwest the temperature was perfect. I could have sat outside on my porch and worked, if my porch were big enough to hold a table and chair. Instead I sat right by the door and left it open all day.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
That was a crazy awesome shower; satisfying in all the right ways.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=LockeZ
You're perfectly free to just walk a mile at a leisurely pace.

Yup, and then they fail you for no effort! Well, if it's not the first day.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm fairly positive that the only way to receive less than full marks in physical education class at most schools is to not put on your uniform, or to do badly in the scantron tests they give you at midterm and finals where they grade you on how well you remember the rules of square dancing. They can't grade people on athletic ability, so the actual physical part of the class is guaranteed full marks as long as you participate instead of sitting by the wall.

Some people physically can't run, after all. They have no proof that you're not one of those people, and even if they did it would be unfair to demand different things of different students, so any physical activity beyond "try to kinda look like you're participating" is purely optional. If it becomes an issue, say you have a leg cramp but you're willing to participate as best you can, that's just the fastest you can go today. Or start off lightly jogging and pretend to get winded after about a minute and start walking.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm pretty sure I'm posting as "me" today?

*Edit: Yep. Though, I still changed my avatar for just this day.
author=LockeZ
I'm fairly positive that the only way to receive less than full marks in physical education class at most schools is to not put on your uniform, or to do badly in the scantron tests they give you at midterm and finals where they grade you on how well you remember the rules of square dancing. They can't grade people on athletic ability, so the actual physical part of the class is guaranteed full marks as long as you participate instead of sitting by the wall.

Some people physically can't run, after all. They have no proof that you're not one of those people, and even if they did it would be unfair to demand different things of different students, so any physical activity beyond "try to kinda look like you're participating" is purely optional. If it becomes an issue, say you have a leg cramp but you're willing to participate as best you can, that's just the fastest you can go today. Or start off lightly jogging and pretend to get winded after about a minute and start walking.

Where did you go to school?

We regularly had fitness tests:
-elevated pushups
-chinups
-shuttle runs
-12 minute run (count the number of laps)
-situps
-obstacle course (timed)
-bench press
-high jump
-800m run

Then nearly every other time we played basketball, floor hockey, soccer or dodgeball while the fat kids went and hung out in the weight room.
LockeZ
I mean we had all of those things too. But our grade wasn't based on how well we did on them.
I got good marks in PE by sitting on the bleachers/stage for two years with a buddy of mine.

I think it was because the teavher thought we were funny or some shit.
As soon as I could I dropped PE. Hated it. If I wanted to do a sport it wouldn't be one of the ones they tried to foister on to us. (To be fair there were some good ones like footy and basket ball. But then we played them during lunch time so there really wasn't a need to also play them for PE. Oh, and that one time we played kiss-chasey. Yeah, that was a fun day. XD Uh, needless to say, we had a sub that day.)

That said, we were practically forced to participate in all of them. I had to get a doctors' note to say that my leg had issues in order to not be forced into a 'fun'run and one of those 'run back and forth to the sound of the beeps' tests. And they still made me walk the 'fun'run, even though my leg was bung and I had a doctors note!

Then again, our PE teacher was an asshole and pervert. There was a reason we called him 'Bananaman' and it wasn't because he loved the cartoon series or ate bananas. :/
Thinking back on it, we really should have reported him for some of the shit that went on at the time (he'd showcase his erection by wearing tight shorts, and sometimes he'd try to walk into the girls' changerooms to get us to hurry up changing. Oh, and there was that one time he made us do stretches in our summer dresses... yeah, ew), but when you're a teen sometimes you just take things as though that's how they're supposed to be or think people won't care/pay attention because they've dropped the ball before. (He did get fired eventually, though, a few years after I'd finished school.)

Year 9, btw. Year 9 is when we could drop PE.

Still had 'fun'runs that you had to take part in, though. I just took those days off because I hate runs. They are never, ever fun. Ever. Fuck that noise.

I much preferred the swimming carnival. Hell, even sports day. (100m dash was my jam, yo - when my leg wasn't bung. That and javelin/shotput/long-jump.)
I like PE. It's a nice break from all the brainy stuff. It's the same reason I do swimming, but to a more extreme degree than PE. But yeah, you're graded on trying and not being a fool in gym class as well as tests you take.

I never found it so bad. I suck at doing physical intensive things, and I get a higher grade than most people I know.
My PBs for 100m was 11.53s, 200m was about 24.73, 400m was 55.56, longjump was 6.20m, shotput 11.53m (coincidence!), 60m was 7.87s
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The only thing I recall writing for PE was the sequence of moves we submitted for a gymnastics thing during 6th, or maybe 7th, grade. Though, when I was in 11th grade, the school tasked 9th graders (maybe 10th graders as well) to have written exams for PE.
I added a bunch of Katt avatars that I'm going to cycle through based on my moods. This should be fun!

Current mood: Hungry/content

@kentona: I don't recall mine. The way our school did things, unless you broke a record not much was said about the actual distances/times/whatevers. I could have asked I guess but for me it was more about representing my team and hanging with friends in the downtime and less about breaking personal bests. I'd have had to have kept track of them to know and I never did, so... ^.^

I just know I got a few blue ribbons for certain sports (javelin, shotput and long jump) and some green (second place) ones for others like the 100m (we had a girl in our class who went on to nationals for it, so I never got blue). Oh, and that one time I got forced into the relay... and came third (out of four teams). Yeah, that was 'fun'. I hate relays.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I... actually tried hard in PE. And now I feel ashamed.

You all made me feel ashamed for trying to get fit. I hope you're happy.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Yeah, dropping PE is not an option in my school. Then again, I feel like I don't really put in effort and still get 90s, so I guess the "Show up and get good grades" still applies. Also, we have "Options" shall we say. Seniors pick first, then juniors then sophomores. We get choices between three activities and the weight room.

The only thing I hate about PE is square dancing. Put me through the mile, put me through 12 minute runs, put me through ANYTHING ELSE BUT SQUARE DANCING.
I had a panic attack before square dancing once.
Square dancing causes panic attacks. It needs to be banned.
author=Red_Nova
I... actually tried hard in PE. And now I feel ashamed.

You all made me feel ashamed for trying to get fit. I hope you're happy.

same. and I'm fat now.

thanks everyone :'(
author=LockeZ
They can't grade people on athletic ability, so the actual physical part of the class is guaranteed full marks as long as you participate instead of sitting by the wall.

You are wrong.

At least in my case. We have to fill out a chart of our scores, and the standards are super high (Big 'umph on sports here). Admittedly, I didn't do too terrible, it was just the lack of temperature that got me.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Last time I took PE was in high school, which involved playing football and reading about STDs... and we had President's Day, which was the day we measured all those things like "how fast you can run a mile" and "how flexible are you".

Also, in high school I used to be on the rowing team. Rowing is, like, super good exercise and super exhausting. But, unlike running, you get to sit down when you're done! I did that for four years and was in pretty good shape, but after I graduated I got lazy.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Hockey and Tennis were my sports of choice in school, and I did well enough in them to pretty much coast through PE, which is good since our PE teacher was also a little less than above board, though she was a bit subtler about it than Liberty's Bananaman. I still play tennis to this day, as well as the occasional half marathon and of course, swimming.

I gave rowing a go for a while but the early mornings really didn't agree with my disposition.
You people are the lamest. You couldn't think of anything cool to do for April fool's so you instead doubled on the shitposting. =/

+1