WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

The site is closing down and all AE can think to say is a complaint.

He must be truly shaken.

Edit: In other news, that page 1000 is coming. Beware!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=alterego
You people are the lamest. You couldn't think of anything cool to do for April fool's so you instead doubled on the shitposting. =/

+1

What I've learned on this April Fool's day:

Kentona is Liberty, Doctor Who is being cancelled because Peter Capaldi punched a Dalek, the scientists at CERN labs have discovered the Force and are learning to be Jedi, Disney bought Star Trek, everyone in the Midwest is LockeZ, and there is academic proof that dragons were real and could still roam the Earth.

How do we top that?

Edit: I almost forgot. Moffat has confirmed that in season 9, the Doctor is going back into the 12th century and inventing the word "fuck"...
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=pianotm
How do we top that?

MotW

author=Gourd_Clae

Not beware, be ready.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=nhubi
author=pianotm
How do we top that?
MotW

author=Gourd_Clae

Not beware, be ready.

Do we have enough active forum posters to beat Libby to the lockdown button? Maybe we should take a poll.
nhubi
Do you mean a poll about the number of people who will race to the end or a poll indicating the numbers that don't wish this thread to be locked in the first place? If it's the latter I believe you will find overwhelming support for keeping it open, but Liberty has the power to lock a thread and she has stated she will do so once it reaches her chosen number, and I have no reason to doubt her.

I almost wish Cash hadn't come clean just yet then his three personae could have just chatted amongst themselves and avoided the double posting rule.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
What about founding a new one before anyone can reach the 1000th page? This way noone could lock it down( or maybe Liberty would keep posting "Don't think, I forgot about closing the thread" and She would reach the number eventually).
A new one will be added if you all beat me to the 1000~

Cap, the idea is that people want beyond 1000 pages for whatever reason. I'm not big on overbloated topics, so offered a challenge to make it fair. If it reaches 1000 before I can get on during page 999 then the first poster on page 1000 gets a badge and to keep the topic open instead of me making a new one to replace. If I win, I lock the topic and start a new one in its' place.

:DDD

It's a challenge. For fun. You know, that thing people have that makes them happy.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
We should all convene on a page that's close to 999 but not close enough to garner the concentration of Libby, then we strike. Let's not discuss this anymore in open air though.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D

Very informative video. Every game should be open to criticism, no matter how well received it was.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Have any of you people heard of DashCon?

Also, I felt the need to cuddle last night. My cat was there for a minute but got up and walked off, so I had to cuddle with my pillow instead. I fell asleep.
author=alterego
You people are the lamest. You couldn't think of anything cool to do for April fool's so you instead doubled on the shitposting. =/

+1

I work with what I have.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=alterego

+1

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "YOU PEOPLE"?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS

Yup, I'm glad, that the way I speak is appropriate to my nationality. And these clothes actually were quite a fashion trend in 'Czechoslovakia' some ten yers ago. Let's swing!
WARNING: SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION INCOMING

So tonight at 9 p.m. EST. roughly an hour after this post went up, Gourd and I are streaming on twitch, and we are going to play a few RMN games! These games include Vendor and Math father, and April's A Fool.
Since we are doing RMN games, I figured there might be a few people here who might be interested in laughing at us fail or maybe even be helpful if we need it.

Here's a link to my twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/supernaturaled

While I'm at it here's a link to my youtube, where I also play RMN games: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeviEFvMkn8UzNAAzNt227Q

Hey, I said it was a shameless self-promotion.
Seiromem
author=Mr_SuNa
So tonight at 9 p.m. EST. roughly an hour after this post went up, Gourd and I are streaming on twitch,

Expect my judgement.
After finishing off Ocarina of Time today, I thought about what game I might tackle next. I almost picked up Final Fantasy X, but instead chose rather foolishly to try and give 9 another shot. Don't get me wrong, I love 9. It's up there with my favourite FF games, but... I can't play it anymore.

I can't play it any more because it causes me too much emotional distress, which is a problem I've never encountered before with a game, even though I suspected it might be the case. I made it up to the world map right before the Ice Cave, and happened upon the North Gate, an area I'd never went to before. In the north gate area, you get some foreshadowing about the imminent invasion of Burmecia by the Alexandrian Army, as you hear them preparing weapons on the other side.

I couldn't take it. Thinking that the invasion was being prepped there and I couldn't do anything about it made me feel like a piece of shit. I realized that if I can't even handle that, how am I supposed to take seeing the aftermath of the invasion, or Cleyra being destroyed, or Freya crying again? FF9 was fun the first time but... I don't know if it's worth playing again at this stage.

I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for my next game. The good thing is, after thinking about that stuff, I feel really inspired to do some writing and concept development.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
It's just a game. It's not real. You don't have to let it hurt that much.
Seiromem
Getting emotionally invested and immersed in a game whose focus is in part on the story is part of the experience.
Though getting overly immersed...
nhubi
It's the same as with a good book or film, or indeed any creative endeavour. Getting an emotional reaction from the viewer is the goal. I think it's a good thing Pizza that you are in contact with your emotions enough to feel deeply about something like this. Give it time, all reactions fade with distance. Or perhaps for you this never will, it struck a chord within you that is integral to your being. If so, then it tells you much about yourself and you can garner some insight into your true self and your base motivations. That's a very valuable thing.