WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Speaking of trailers...

God dammit I am so excited for Star Wars 7. Everything is shaping up so fucking well, it's unbelievable.
author=kentona
author=Corfaisus
My God, has anyone else seen the Unfriended trailer? I think I laughed so hard I shit myself.
I DID! AND I GUFFAWED.

It's on my friend watch list.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I have a cowlick at the corner of my head and it keeps popping out and it's driving me nuts, I can't stop playing with it.

Me atm:
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Check your ceiling for any entrances a ninja cow could utilize.

Also what even is a cowlick, hm...
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I have curly hair so my whole head is just one big cowlick.
I got my sons some of those Star Wars microfighter lego sets the other night and built them for them.

Here is my two year old making them have a swordfight:

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
^Not enough Bobba Fett

On a darker note, I came across this is another forum (Warning: Depressing)

Working 40 hours a week, subtracted from 168, would leave 128 hours in the week.

You then have to sleep and its recommended a healthy amount is 8 hours a night, or 56 a week. Take that away, and you now have 72 hours.

60% of your time has gone in WORK AND SLEEP ALONE.

But thats not the full story is it.

Because you have to travel to and from work as well. So, assuming a 30-45 mins worth of travel to and from the place of work, thats 5-7.5 hours. Sure, you could listen to the radio in the car, or maybe listen to music on a train/bus. But i cant do what i WANT for 5-7.5 hours a week. so were down to around 65 hours a week at this point.

But then, in the morning, i have to get up and get ready for work too. Go in the shower, sort myself out for the day to come. If the time before setting out to work is just an hour, to eat breakfast, wake up, shower etc, thats still 5 hours. so thats 60 hours left.

And of course, 5 hours a week arent paid for your lunch. I cant do what i want to do with those either. I could maybe browse online a bit, but thats it. so that would make 55 hours.

55 hours is 32.7% of the week.

The WHOLE of the rest of my life has to fit into 32.7% of the time left. And that sure as hell aint all going to be devoted to having interests, because i havent added the time needed to:

Cook dinner
Eat Dinner
Clear up
Wash and iron clothes
Any kind of domestic work
Go to the supermarket
Run any kind of errand
Have to meet any kind of appointment with anyone
DIY of any kind
Any kind of overtime at work
Meeting family
The time spent travelling to and from a hobby.

work and sleep alone is 2/3 of the time you have. And EVERYTHING else goes into 1/3. Its mental.

Ive been working full time for a fair bit now, and truth be known, i dont know anyone who has a hobby, or a serious interest in ANYTHING frankly, other than work. How can they?

And the worst thing for me is, i know there is never ever going to be an escape from this. This is it forever. There will never be the chance to really do anything other than work forever.

Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
There will never be the chance to really do anything other than work forever.

Not with that attitude.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Yellow Magic
^Not enough Bobba Fett

Working 40 hours a week, subtracted from 168, would leave 128 hours in the week.

You then have to sleep and its recommended a healthy amount is 8 hours a night, or 56 a week. Take that away, and you now have 72 hours.

Because you have to travel to and from work as well. So, assuming a 30-45 mins worth of travel to and from the place of work, thats 5-7.5 hours. Sure, you could listen to the radio in the car, or maybe listen to music on a train/bus. But i cant do what i WANT for 5-7.5 hours a week. so were down to around 65 hours a week at this point.

But then, in the morning, i have to get up and get ready for work too. Go in the shower, sort myself out for the day to come. If the time before setting out to work is just an hour, to eat breakfast, wake up, shower etc, thats still 5 hours. so thats 60 hours left.

And of course, 5 hours a week arent paid for your lunch. I cant do what i want to do with those either. I could maybe browse online a bit, but thats it. so that would make 55 hours.

The WHOLE of the rest of my life has to fit into 32.7% of the time left. And that sure as hell aint all going to be devoted to having interests, because i havent added the time needed to:

Cook dinner
Eat Dinner
Clear up
Wash and iron clothes
Go to the supermarket
Run any kind of errand
DIY of any kind
Meeting family

work and sleep alone is 2/3 of the time you have. And EVERYTHING else goes into 1/3. Its mental.

Ive been working full time for a fair bit now, and truth be known, i dont know anyone who has a hobby, or a serious interest in ANYTHING frankly, other than work. How can they?

And the worst thing for me is, i know there is never ever going to be an escape from this. This is it forever. There will never be the chance to really do anything other than work forever.

This post makes me so glad I'm self employed.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=pianotm
author=Yellow Magic
^Not enough Bobba Fett

Cook dinner
Eat Dinner
Clear up
Wash and iron clothes
Go to the supermarket
Run any kind of errand
DIY of any kind
Meeting family

This post makes me so glad I'm self employed.

Same.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I see where you're coming from, Yellow. I feel the same way sometimes and I've definitely calculated my "free hours per week" before. I'm not sure what you can do about it, except for maybe live as cheaply as possible and maybe buy yourself some time off to do what you love? Or try to cut corners by sleeping less, moving closer to your office, etc.

Or get a job that you love going to! Easier said than done, of course.

Being self-employed could help if you can afford it, but often it's as time-consuming as a full-time job, if not more so, and often it pays less! It might help cut down on stuff like travel time, though.

Who knows, I feel like our generation is slowly moving toward a less "traditional" life plan - traditional meaning "buy a house, get a mortgage, get married, have kids, and commit to the same thing for forty years". There are still plenty who do that of course, which is cool! But having more options is also cool, and I think that with that, we'll see more job-hopping, location-hopping, exploring, and other things, and possibly work culture changes that accommodate it.

Who knows, I might be being too optimistic :P but it's nice to imagine!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
30% of your life is still a lot of time! I also personally save a lot of my free time by being filthy.
I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to play a game on an iWatch. Sure, it's a new frontier of gaming... But new frontiers aren't always good frontiers. I'm just amazed that they figured out a way to make a gameplay experience more hollow and pointless than cell phone games.

Also that breakdown of the week time seems really whiny and intentionally negative. I've had full time work before and have full time school now, and I have plenty of time to pursue interests and hobbies. Perhaps I'm the outlier? But I kind of don't buy that to be honest.
Think of it this way, Pizza - the technology that is used to create it will come in handy to create something else.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
>iWatch
>handy

Ha!
Man, I feel pretty proud of myself, even though I shouldn't really. XD

Like an idiot I spilled thickshake all over my keyboard and it shorted out! ;.;
Not to worry! I had a secondary keyboard on hand which had broken (but its circuit sheet was fine) so I spliced the two together and viola~ I'm here typing to you all! :DDD

ARISE MY MONSTER! ARIIIIISE~
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Nice! I didn't know you could swap those between keyboards, actually >__>
Probably helps that I had the same model for both. ;p I REALLY like my keyboard.
what is a thickshake
Corfaisus
probably has alcohol in it