WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Pizza
The entire soundtrack of Bomberman Hero is just brilliant.
Yo Bomberman, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but F-Zero X had one of the best soundtracks of all time... one of the best soundtracks of all time!

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=Liberty
Because fans care more in most cases. Sure, sometimes you have that series that the game creators really really care about - Rare's team, for example - but for the most part it's the players that get attached to the game and want more of it. Game companies sweep a game they deem unsuccessful under the rug and want to forget it but the fans of that game will always care.

But, to be honest, it's also just money. Will people buy this or do they want the next COD? Sad but true.

~~~

Edit: Because I was bored and extremely competitive, I came up with an analysis of Liberty's online times to determine when we should pounce upon the 1000th page. Don't judge me, this wasn't to invade someone's personal privacy, but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. This is probably also highly inaccurate and vastly affected by the high chance that she will see this table, but I doubt she's going to alter her sleep patterns for this. Anyway, onward!

A breakdown of Liberty's posts during the last two weeks according to GMT timezone

In each cell are the amount of posts Liberty has made, per day, for each hour of the past two weeks.

The hours we have the most likelihood of not being caught are as follows:

#1. Fri 3am-4pm, GMT. A total of 13 hours of probable inactivity.
#2. Sun 8pm-2am, GMT. 6 hours of inactivity
#3=. Mon 5pm-10pm, Tue 7pm-12am, Sat 3am-9am, and Sat 10am-3pm, GMT. Note that on Saturday, the 3am-3pm slot is only interrupted by 2 posts made within the hour of 9am-10am, which makes it more effective than the other time periods.

Statistically speaking, 6am-7am and 8am-9am are the best hours to strike, with only a probable 3 days per week during those time periods.

~~~

Extrapolating from the time it took to get from the first post page 980 to the first post on page 990, we will likely, at this rate, get to page 1000 on Mon 11 May, 9PM.

This is not a desirable time. Thus, it would be preferable to either slow down our posting in this topic to meet the Mon 5pm-10pm slot, preferably right in the middle at Mon 11 May 7:30pm, or we will speed up to meet the Sun 10 May 8pm - Mon 1am slot, which is 6 hours wide. I would recommend this option.

~~~

Therefore, my final recommendation that we speed up our posts a little to try and meet the slot at Sunday 10 May 11pm, GMT, or if not exactly at that time, at least within a couple of hours each side.

This has been a public service announcement by Cashmere Cat, overreacting to a simple lighthearted challenge by means of blisteringly poor analysis and extrapolation using an Excel spreadsheet. Thank you, and enjoy your day.
Oh Honey~ I've been sleeping oddly (and a lot more than usual) lately but I'll make sure to pull a 24 hour shift just for you lot~<3

Also, there are times I just poke my head in to check on things without posting. For example, today I've been checking quite a bit but no-one commented on stuff I wanted to engage in so... not as many posts as I could have made.

I feel like this sums up House completely.

Also annoyed at needing Steam online/open to use Ace or 2k3. Pisses me off, especially when I lost a whole event of stuff because I closed Steam (it stopped working so I was gonna restart it) and apparently that closed the event window to ask me if I was sure I wanted to close without saving. I hadn't hit the Apply button so fuck me, right? Fucking Steam. :|
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Let's just stick to the plan and hope everything goes swimmingly. See you in approximately 5 days, people.

Edit: Also, yeah, RPG Maker on Steam is pretty buggy to use. I want to be able to use it offline, but sometimes Steam won't let me log on when I'm offline, even when I use the offline option. But... I got it as a gift from kentona, so I shouldn't complain :P
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Liberty
I'll make sure to pull a 24 hour shift just for you lot~<3

On page 998 we must not post anything.
At all.
And when Liberty works herself into exhaustion and collapses on her keyboard, then is the time we strike
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
You guys care waaaaaaay too much about hitting page 1000.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Well, this topic has been going for... seven years? Jeez. It's a historical event.

Plus, Liberty threw down the gauntlet and promised to close the topic before page 1000, so everyone's all fired up.

Also, yea, having to use RPG Maker through Steam is annoying. I usually go offline beforehand 'cuz otherwise as soon as people see me using VX Ace they wanna play games :P
Yeah, there's a reason so many of us are waiting for the non-steam release of 2k3.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Marrend

Or maybe you don't care enough about hitting page 1000!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Kentona has spawned a legion of sarcastic status creators

myself included
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Red_Nova
Or maybe you don't care enough about hitting page 1000!

That's pretty much true. Since the challenge was thrown down, my approach has been "If it happens, fine. If it doesn't, whatever." I dunno, it seems like a really silly thing to get an achievement for. That's just me, though.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
@Cashmere - Woah.. that's uhhh.. that's a totally normal way to pass the time haha.

That the swimming pool on the Titanic is still full.
It feels like I've been stalked. ;.;

XD I kid. But kids, this is why I put my details to not show when I've logged in. So people never know if I'm about unless I post. :DDD

Ask me about the 24 hours Skype call some time... and how I was awake before it for another 24 hours. :DDD
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Marrend

I want to help.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
So Liberty, this person who called you for 24 hours: stalker or a friend?
author=slash

myself included

I am a trendsetter.

Like that time I revived vanilla retro RPGs that used RTP.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Hot tip for Summer/Autumn 2015 season are automatized games with robots.
Corfaisus
author=Cap_H

What is the deal with your avatar? Every time I see it I'm reminded of the batter from that one game with the cat, but I know that can't possibly be it. Looks more like something from Donnie Darko.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=kentona
author=slash

myself included
I am a trendsetter.

Like that time I revived vanilla retro RPGs that used RTP.

Even I do it occasionally now. Haven't done it in a few weeks. That must be rectified, but nothing is inspiring me. Decisions, decisions.
author=Corfaisus
author=Cap_H
What is the deal with your avatar? Every time I see it I'm reminded of the batter from that one game with the cat, but I know that can't possibly be it. Looks more like something from Donnie Darko.

It's a member of the Baseball Furies from The Warriors.

BOOM, I get the reference first, I win.