WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Laser cannons are a thing now.

author=Housekeeping
South Park's great. It's one of the two comedies I actually look forward to now (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia being the other one).

South Park is at least semi-honest about the 'we lampoon everybody equally!' thing, unlike a lot of media that makes that claim.

it also demonstrates exactly why that sort of 'even-handedness' is still disproportionately cruel to vulnerable people, though -- an episode about rich white guys being assholes is going to get some chuckles from basically everyone without changing anyone's mind about anything, but an episode putting out the idea that trans people are just pretending for attention, or that transitioning is as ludicrous as trying to become a dolphin, spreads an ideology that literally gets people murdered on a regular basis.

I don't mean that you can't like it, of course. like whatever you like, wholeheartedly and without shame! the whole thing about 'it's okay, I make fun of straight white people too' is just something that I've had on my mind a lot, and it's pretty dire.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I keep trying to think about things to say about these things when they happen, but I'm at a loss. there's so much brutality in the system, so much ingrained racism that people refuse to even admit could be there, that all I can manage is useless, incoherent anger. the mistreatment of black people in America, from police action to media spin, is unacceptable.

stay safe and be strong, everyone.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I saw that... And I also read the comments below the video. What some people say literally gave me a stroke.

Like, I FUCKING LOVE how all the closet racists try their damn hardest to immediately find ways to justify anything that officer did in that situation, but switch the skin color and there would have been an outcry of sympathy from these bastards. They seemed to have all missed/ignored the details that those kids had GUEST PASSES, so they were not "trespassing" by any sense of the word. This was literally a case of the only crime committed was being black in a rich white neighborhood.
my favourite party line is 'it's really just classism! stop seeing racism where it isn't!'

like gee, yeah, you've definitely convinced me that the only problem here is one which (coincidentally, I'm sure) can also affect white people
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Change is coming.

EDIT: It's here, and it's free!
Corfaisus
Just did my first run through any game ever practically nonstop in less than 5 hours without dying (hardcore mode) in order to get three achievements on Steam:

Corfaisus
What a crazy day this was. I'm not entirely sure what to think about the Youtuber RPG idea anymore.

Like, I don't want to say "hell nah" after posting it in the big What's Going On In RMN!!! forum, but I'm also not too pumped about throwing together a retro game worshiping regular people like some hyper-obsessive creep.

Also, good God people, would someone post in here so that I'm not spamming this place? Shit.
what you're feeling right now is how those kinds of projects usually wind up, from what I've seen. it can be a really exciting idea at first, and mapping details of pop culture to game mechanics and seeing how they fit together can be really fun, but most of the time there really isn't enough to the idea to keep it interesting, for either the devs or the players, you know?

I think it might be a good idea to kind of close the door on it. take what you can from the concept in case it could be useful somewhere else, but don't torture yourself by wailing on a project that has lost its joy for you.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The phrase "Youtuber RPG" pretty much instantly makes me cringe and recoil

Instead you should make an RPG about LockeZ, who is the best. Every party member is another copy of LockeZ, and he just compliments himself on his fighting style and teams up with himself for combo attacks and flirts with himself awkwardly in some kind of unrequited romance and in a plot twist it's revealed that he is secretly his own brother from space
author=LockeZ

Instead you should make an RPG about LockeZ, who is the best. Every party member is another copy of LockeZ, and he just compliments himself on his fighting style and teams up with himself for combo attacks and flirts with himself awkwardly in some kind of unrequited romance and in a plot twist it's revealed that he is secretly his own brother from space

+1

So my brother "fixed" my computer. Except now my flash player barely works. And When I try to draw with my tablet only short straight lines appear with 10 seconds of lag.
author=MajoracanKing
author=LockeZ

+1

So my brother "fixed" my computer. Except now my flash player barely works. And When I try to draw with my tablet only short straight lines appear with 10 seconds of lag.

Have you tried resetting it in Computer Management? The last time that shit happened to me it did the trick.

Thank you, my brother owes you his life. Even though it probably wasn't his fault
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Housekeeping
It's one of the two comedies I actually look forward to now (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia being the other one).

Family Guy's a real piece of shit, though, so feel free to hate it for whatever reason you want.

You are my hero, sir.
Corfaisus

First time I ever beat Minesweeper.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm thinking the Fire Emblem forum game thread can probably be un-stickied, since it's been dead for four months.
Good call. I was thinking that the other day, but I was also secretly hoping against hope that it would suddenly revive or something. Welp!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=LockeZ
I'm thinking the Fire Emblem forum game thread can probably be un-stickied, since it's been dead for four months.

Yeah, pretty much this. Unless someone else wants to take over. Or revive the revival thread?

The weird thing is that Jeroen hasn't even been around, so whatever's going on with him seems to be pretty serious if it's kept him gone for this long.