WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Jeroen_Sol
We only need one more player for the Mods and Bots mafia game!

If you feel like a short forum game of lies and deception, feel free to sign up!

I gave that mafia thread a quick think. It already had eight sign-ups, and kinda took me my surprise that it even existed.

Then again, it feels like a lot of stuff has been going on 'round these parts. Or a general sense of being out-of-touch with the community. I dunno, maybe it's just MV's official release, and not being a part of that. Or... something.

*Edited because PAGE BREAK!
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Not sure where else to really post this so here goes.

I've been a dick loads lately, especially here. I'm sorry about that, and I know just saying sorry means nothing, my behaviours should soon enough show change.

I've had a break through... see? Nyah.

Basically it comes down to that every single action in my life had been fueld by my spite, hatred or my own self being cool or some stupid horseshit like that, what if, I just stopped getting worked up and stopped hating?

At first, it was scary, I'd gone about being fueld by spite my whole life, I thought I just-- didn't know how, but I think i was just lying to myself again.

My very problem is that I was more passionate about hating things than liking things, so maybe, I could just care less about hating things?

Heh, yes. I'm feeling good.

I'll be honest, for a while I had lost hope, and was happy to just keep being an angry little curmudgeon the rest of my life. But earlier today, I tried 'liking' a post.

The World didn't end and I admit I was disappointed, but also, it meant that-- wow, who gives a shit?

What was I even trying to prove? I think I wanted to feel important, or that I was special in some way that no one else could be, which is pretty silly, because we're all pretty different in our ways!

I became so eager to show why I was special I began to forget what made me that kind of special in the first place.

Here's an extract from another forum which goes into it some more.
I'm posting here because I'm in a strange place, currently. I don't even know what I think of anything anymore. Things I used to hate are seeming like just void interest. I'm no longer passionate about hating things. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I sort of want to let it all go, spite has driven me most of my life, but I look where I am, would a different kind of fuel be so bad? Like, one that makes me happy? I think what's really hurt me is how much I've lied to myself into thinking I'm at all important, ever since I got my name out I've become too focused on publicity, not enough on doing what i genuinely just love doing.

Making games.

My feuds with RPGmakerWeb, the whole ruthless position I've kept, it's all so fucking meaningless. The upside is I feel like I'm on the verge of a breakthrough, I'm not sure when or how such breakthrough will happen, but when it does, I have a feeling I'll be loads happier. The more self-aware you become, the more you begin to hate who you are. We all lie to ourselves to protect us from the horror within. Those who become more aware of that monster begin to really ask the big questions. When the monster answers, it's possible, that one may tame that beast, make it nicer, cooler, less shite. That's my intent, I don't want to hate everything, I want to just be a chill, nice dude who doesn't have a stick up his ass. But as of right now, I don't even know how to do that non-falsely, but I know I can make it through this.

Before you get worried, this isn't depression, quite the opposite. It's all so difficult to explain, but it's like... sincere hope?

I'd lost it, for a long time.... I figured I'd just live out my life being an angry little crudbucket and was more or less fine with that, but now... I feel like-- wow, something. I feel something! On the 30th, I'll be seeing my psychologist again, I have a feeling it will be a good and deep session. My friends say 'yo, a psychologist isn't going to instantly fix all of your problems'. They're right. But I know if I say things like this to them, they have a better chance of helping me nurture my happiness than anyone on the internet or my Mum, though my Mum is extremely good at helping me out, too.

I don't even know what has happened, there's been no flashy impetus... but all my worries are beginning to fade. Was the TPP passed? Did Trump get elected?
Vwoosh, all of that suddenly seems so insignificant. I actually 'liked' a post today. I think that may have helped, letting go of my spite so that I can be alright. Like ahaha what am I even trying to prove by not liking posts even?

This childish infatuation with keeping myself ahead of the ball, it's so silly and yet I've been doing it all my life. I'm gonna just start taking it easy, and worry less about trivial bullshit and more about my direct life stuff.

It's time to be the goof I've always been, it's just been hidden by an aura of smug, which is really silly.
Deep down I am just a goofy fun-loving guy, but I'd let that be entirely masked by a bunch of edgy horseshit that I don't think anyone even liked anyway.

There won't be any more needless posting to say 'i hate things' I'm just gonna be fun and goofy and enjoy myself.

I think my problem was I thought I felt happy by being angry.

Yeah that does sound stupid, huh!

Welp, goodbye anger Biz it's time for fun Biz.

Now I'm off to draw silly things. Deep down I really do like you guys and now I can finally get around to showing it, I've been so on the defensive and it's really stupid so perhaps I'll just, not do that?

What once seemed so hard is now actually really easy. Being nice isn't hard, it's letting your hatred go that can be difficult, not because you don't want to, but because your mental faculties have become so utterly convoluted you literally cannot see that such is all you need to do.

GOD I FEEL SO AMAZING YOU'RE ALL AWESOME AND I LOVE YA'LL SO MUCH HNNNNNG.

Haha, well you all take care, I'm gonna go draw stuff.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I didn't read that because it was too long.

author=Marrend
Or a general sense of being out-of-touch with the community. I dunno, maybe it's just MV's official release, and not being a part of that.
I kinda feel like this too, there's lots of conversations and activities with MV but i won't be a part of any of that because i can't get that engine.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Mirak
I didn't read that because it was too long.

author=Marrend
Or a general sense of being out-of-touch with the community. I dunno, maybe it's just MV's official release, and not being a part of that.
I kinda feel like this too, there's lots of conversations and activities with MV but i won't be a part of any of that because i can't get that engine.

Yeah, with everything I need to do, 72 dollars is beyond what I'm willing to put out, and with absolutely everybody using MV, it's easy for those of us who don't have it to feel left out.
@BM
Go see a psychiatrist. Your mood swings are faster than sanic.
*hugs bm back*
we love u too ok

pls

stay

Mirak
Is that that kyary pamyu pamyu chick?
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm really glad for you, BM.

author=SnowOwl
@BM
Go see a psychiatrist. Your mood swings are faster than sanic.

Letting go of habits that are unhelpful to you, especially if you've been set in that way for a long time, can be very refreshing and freeing. I wouldn't call that mood swings. That is genuine hope, as BM called it. I've had a similar event where I used to be very insecure about my height, people would bully me for it, and I was always telling myself that I'd grow taller later. When that didn't happen, I almost became depressed, but then I realized I was being stupid, that the only thing I needed to do was not give two shits about other people's opinions of my height, and that I'd been worried about something meaningless for 6 years. I've been generally happy ever since.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Marrend
author=Jeroen_Sol
We only need one more player for the Mods and Bots mafia game!

If you feel like a short forum game of lies and deception, feel free to sign up!
I gave that mafia thread a quick think. It already had eight sign-ups, and kinda took me my surprise that it even existed.

Then again, it feels like a lot of stuff has been going on 'round these parts. Or a general sense of being out-of-touch with the community. I dunno, maybe it's just MV's official release, and not being a part of that. Or... something.

*Edited because PAGE BREAK!

You and me both my dear. I don't have MV and probably won't for a while, (yes I buy them all and don't make games, I'm weird)..but that MVatar thread is making me a little sad since it would be nice to participate in that one, though I'd just make a MV version of my current avatar.

Hey anyone with MV want to make a MV version of my current avatar to cheer me up? :)

author=BizMonk
stuff

Oh and Biz, good for you
If you really want to jump into the MV hype, you could download the trial version... Unless you're like me, and are hesitant to even do that right now. Because if you want to make at least a short game with it, you may as well start at the conceptual level first: making notes, drawing concept art, etc. so you can then make the best use of the time you have available. >.<

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Isn't there a lite version of MV? Every maker usually has a lite version.

Edit: ninja'd. So there is a trial version.
Actually, only Ace had a lite version. The others had timed trial versions. At least, as far as I know.

I have mv, and want to use mv, but can't because I'm expecting a new computer sometime at the end of the year. I can't get it on steam either, since steam's blocked here.
Jeroen_Sol
author=karins_soulkeeper
Actually, only Ace had a lite version. The others had timed trial versions.

You're right, they did. Which was actually better because you had the full capabilities of the editor, albeit for what was it, 30 days?
nhubi
I don't makes games AE, just play and review them, but a light/trial version feels odd to have, no idea why.

I also don't steam.
Mirak
I don't know how i'd live gaming-wise without steam.

I guess i appreciate it a bit more because having physical copies of games is something i don't like since the psone era (because you need to take good care of them in order for them to be played at 100%) and were the first things burglars stole when they broke in my house (i miss playing tales of symphonia, animal crossing and my DS and all it's games because of this). With steam i have all my games available whenever i want them, i own them forever, and it's so inexpensive that it makes it very convenient for my needs.
nhubi
I'm great with non-physical copies, I've just never been a fan of third party downloads. If I want a game, I'll buy the game, I don't want to be beholding to an intermediary for playing it, but that's just me.

Jeroen_Sol
author=nhubi
I'm great with non=physical copies, I've just never been a fan of third party downloads. If I want a game, I'll buy the game, I don't want to be beholding to an intermediary for playing it, but that's just me.

I'm the same way. For one, I was very iffy abouy buying VxAce through Steam, and only being able to run it through Steam.

But I feel Steam's advantages far outweigh that one little gripe I have with it.
I've never really seen any advantages to Steam. The overlay is of extremely dubious value to me, and they are real jerks about only letting you download games for the platform you are on.

The main advantage to them is that they have sales, and a few games are only for steam, or only for steam and an even worse DRM platform.
nhubi
Ah, so not just me then :).

Oh and KS why can't you use MV on your current computer and then just port it to the new computer when you get it? It's licence based not machine based, isn't it?