+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

Oh, I noticed that helmets could not be equipped. Delete the old one and replace it with this:
[QuickPatches]
Accessory(Slot#4)=49EF72,28,4B7A8C,A7,4B7AAC,02,4B8107,44,4B814A,09,4B819D,C5,4B81CA,06,4B829F,DC,4B82E2,09,4B8335,5D,4B8362,06

Do not replace any of those numbers.

As far as Armor / Shields are concerned:
[QuickPatches]
Armor(Slot#2)=49EF2C,20,4B7A84,98,4B7A9C,02,4B80FF,1E,4B8124,09,4B8195,AD,4B81B2,06,4B8297,B6,4B82BC,09,4B832D,45,4B834A,06

Yes, I know that it wouldn't make sense putting on armor on top of another armor (worst offender would be if both were the same item).

author=GhostRider
it's just theoretical, but can the basic attack formula be customized?

Theoretically, yes. But I'm not gonna go around customizing stuff for everyone.

Ask me again some other time. Preferably when there's an actual callback onDamageCalculation. Or rather when I don't have to add one myself.
thanks man :)

author=bugmenot
Oh, I noticed that helmets could not be equipped. Delete the old one and replace it with this:
[QuickPatches]
Accessory(Slot#4)=49EF72,28,4B7A8C,A7,4B7AAC,02,4B8107,44,4B814A,09,4B819D,C5,4B81CA,06,4B829F,DC,4B82E2,09,4B8335,5D,4B8362,06

[QuickPatches]
Armor(Slot#2)=49EF2C,20,4B7A84,98,4B7A9C,02,4B80FF,1E,4B8124,09,4B8195,AD,4B81B2,06,4B8297,B6,4B82BC,09,4B832D,45,4B834A,06

Yes, I know that it wouldn't make sense putting on armor on top of another armor (worst offender would be if both were the same item).

*lol* actually they will be like modification to be added to the weapons, i'm just using the armor/shield slot.

author=bugmenot
author=GhostRider
it's just theoretical, but can the basic attack formula be customized?
Theoretically, yes. But I'm not gonna go around customizing stuff for everyone.

Ask me again some other time. Preferably when there's an actual callback onDamageCalculation. Or rather when I don't have to add one myself.

don't worry, i wasn't planning to :P i don't even know if (and how) i want to change it, but i had the idea while toying with rmvxa, 'tho despite being a awful tool, it has that cool feature to write your own damage formula. eventually i hope that someday there will be a plugin that does the same (for example writing in the dynrpg.ini the formula for skills and attack) but it's really no big deal, i was just curious.
Fixed a bug with self-destructing enemies when using the RPS[+] patch:
download RPS[+]

author=GhostRider
it has that cool feature to write your own damage formula.

I planned to do just that, but that RPS-thingie is slowly turning into a patchwork / mess.

I'd like to know if there's ever gonna be a proper callback, before adding something that imitates it.
From my experience, people tend to not like pure numbers / won't be improving onto those kind of plugins.
author=bugmenot
download RPS[+]

This is an interesting patch. The miss on skills that wouldn't increase any stats always bothered me, and I like the "immune" effect. I'll try this out some time.
Thanks! That's what I needed.

Two things I've noticed of RPS+. I want to damage self (as in, make a self/ally "healing" spell, then -100% the damage so it damages), since I have effects that base damage on, and others for stuff where it cost hp. Prior to RPS+, this worked, allowing monsters/alliesto do this, but now, it switches to immune.

And it kinda needs a "Miss" display for spells where the Success chance is like 70%. It simply blanks it out. Pretty minor, though.

Though at some point, you're right, probably would need multiple patches to split off some of the stuff into. A damage formula is something you'd need outside the patch, because people like me probably wouldn't like.
author=bugmenot
[QuickPatches]

[QuickPatches]

ok now you are going to shoot me, i know but... let's say i wanted to add a third "weapon mod", let's call it like that, so i need the "armor" item to be on slot n°2(shield), number 3 (default) and number 4 as well, is that possibile?
Just add this below / above the Armor(Slot#2) QuickPatch:
Armor(Slot#2+4)=49EF72,20,4B7A88,98,4B7AA4,02,4B8103,1E,4B8137,09,4B8199,AD,4B81BE,06,4B829B,B6,4B82CF,09,4B8331,45,4B8356,06
Do not replace any of those numbers. And don't use Armor(Slot#2+4) by itself.

And don't forget to remove the Accessory(Slot#4) from the QuickPatches.

Or else the resulting glitch will promptly be turned into something useful:
Helm/sory(Slot#4)=4B7AB4,F2,4B815C,E7,4B81D6,EE,4B82F4,E7,4B836E,EE,4B7A8C,A7,4B7AAC,02
And no, helmet type equipment won't fit into Slot#5 anymore (that would conflict with shield / armor / helmet asking if they fit into #2 / #3 / #4).
If you want to rename Slot#4, just remove the " 49EF72,20, " from Armor(Slot#2+4)
author=bugmenot
Just add this below / above the Armor(Slot#2) QuickPatch:
Armor(Slot#2+4)=49EF72,20,4B7A88,98,4B7AA4,02,4B8103,1E,4B8137,09,4B8199,AD,4B81BE,06,4B829B,B6,4B82CF,09,4B8331,45,4B8356,06

Do not replace any of those numbers. And don't use Armor(Slot#2+4) by itself.

And don't forget to remove the Accessory(Slot#4) from the QuickPatches.

Or else the resulting glitch will promptly be turned into something useful:
Helm/sory(Slot#4)=4B7AB4,F2,4B815C,E7,4B81D6,EE,4B82F4,E7,4B836E,EE,4B7A8C,A7,4B7AAC,02

And no, helmet type equipment won't fit into Slot#5 anymore (that would conflict with shield / armor / helmet asking if they fit into #2 / #3 / #4).
If you want to rename Slot#4, just remove the " 49EF72,20, " from Armor(Slot#2+4)

thanks for your help and patience man :)
Hello everyone, I wonder whether it exists a DynRPG plug-in that can manipulate Faceset from a specific hero.

I just want to display the Faceset of all the 4 heroes of the team, but as the game contains more than 130 heroes, it can be complicated without a plug-in. (I thought the only parameter could be the variable with the hero number, and then use the image like we would do it with "Show Picture"/"Move Picture" commands.)

I want to do a custom menu of "Strength Up" / "HP Up" / etc... So another solution would be to call the in-game menu when you use such items (which is the same as when you use healing items), which would return a variable with the number of the hero chosen. However, I think it's more complicated. What do you think of it ?

[ It's for the game called Fighting Robots Quest, a Pokemon-like. ]
Speaking of Pokemon, is there a plugin that can handle the sort of individual PP system that pokemon has? Maybe replacing the % section with a sort of "reducing MP" thing. As in, instead of making 5% use MP 5% of total (which always uses huge amounts of mp and interferes with other magic), it considers 5/5 the total, and counts down each use, greying out at 0/5.

I don't remember if something like this has already been talked about, i searched back in old posts but i got kinda lost so i figured i'd ask,
is there any way to change the priority of some on-screen elements?

i'll probably explain it better with an example: i use pictures in battle for some custom aspects of my battle system, including a character HUD next to the portraits (gouge mode)... now a section of the game takes place in a desert scenario where there is a sand-storm done by the normal "sand" rm2k3 weather effect, which is set above pictures. what i would lke to do is having the sandstorm stay below the pictures. i've tried setting the pictures "Z" coordinate to 2 (maximum) but then it place over the character portrait hiding them.

edit:
on a separate note, here is some suggestion for other "attributes" in the RPS patch:
%#(whatever number is avaliable lol) 
- skills only -
skill with this attribute is affected by the lowered hit% of status such as "blind".
that could be useful to those kind of skills that still rely on phisical attack (ex: swordskills)
Hmmmm. I think I remember having priority conflicts before (I had like this underwater BG, and a lantern thing, so it made a weird bubble effect).

Generally, two things affect priority, order of operations (it, I believe actually goes in reverse order, meaning the last thing may get placed on top, I might be wrong though. Experiment a bit), and transparency (if something is showing up too much, decrease the power (in the case of weather and light)/increase transparency, and decrease the transparency/increase the power of what needs to be on top.

Sword skills I think I just made blind disable most of them. But it might be nice to have a "ignore condition" one where even if the int/atk influence is high enough that you couldn't cast it, it could be cast. I agree that I'd like to see more RPS stuff (I gave bugmenot a few other suggestions).
author=bulmabriefs144
Sword skills I think I just made blind disable most of them.

lol that's what i used to do too, and one other thing that i did was call a common event that checked if the guy was blinded it would remove all of his "sword skills" and replaced them with other versions of the same skill that had less hit%... but it was a mess to do; i'm pretty confident that RPS+ can somehow solve this issue, it already give us the possibility to have skills miss too when the target has the "evade all" status; i think it was specifically ment for those kind of "phisical" skills that a warrior-like character would have.
author=bugmenot
download RPS[+]

author=GhostRider
it has that cool feature to write your own damage formula.

I planned to do just that, but that RPS-thingie is slowly turning into a patchwork / mess.

I'd like to know if there's ever gonna be a proper callback, before adding something that imitates it.
From my experience, people tend to not like pure numbers / won't be improving onto those kind of plugins.

What kind of bug did this update fix exactly? I want to try to reproduce the bug before and after installing this newer version of RPS+. Thanks!
Decided to release some stuff for RSXIII! Been losing steam from doing the huge DynRPG update, so at this point, I want to just get it out there for people to use, and update it as frequently as possible with stuff.

1. DynRPG source update "0.30"-It's a little unfinished by my standards, but that shouldn't matter. It does not require a new dynloader.dll or patched exe. It's simply new classes defined in the source code so you can build more interesting plugins! It basically adds a crapload of stuff, almost tripling in size. Note: You won't be able to create RPG::Window classes yet (only edit existing ones), but I'm working on changing that.
https://github.com/rewrking/DynRPG (Use "Download ZIP" button)
Documentation: http://rewking.com/dynrpg/ (will be updated periodically)

2. Game Jolt plugin (beta)
-Add trophies & leaderboards to your 2k3 games! All the notes/instructions are in the readme. It requires a gamejolt.com login along with a game page for your 2k3 game. PM me if you find any bugs!
https://github.com/rewrking/game_jolt

It also integrates with my Xbox Controller/XInput plugin, where you can use the Xbox's guide button to launch the menu! Get that here: https://github.com/rewrking/xbx_controller

Video of what it looks like:
Sweet, I'll have to take a look at the xinput plugin. That'll definitely come in handy in the future.
author=Shoobinator
author=bugmenot
download RPS[+]
What kind of bug did this update fix exactly? I want to try to reproduce the bug before and after installing this newer version of RPS+. Thanks!

Oh. The bug killed the game if enemies were like Bomb and self-destructed. Some kinda of issue where RPS didn't program to account for self-destruct.

I kinda would like to see more stuff from bugmenot, but I'm guessing that this patch is becoming a chore or something.

Pepsi, I've signed up to GameJolt (just used Facebook to sign in). Can you explain how I set up trophies for my game there? I get the instructions for your end, but I literally have never used GameJolt. I'm starting to see where to upload, but I still wouldn't get how to do unorthodox trophies like "Unlocked Hidden Scene"-type stuff.

Just use the website until you're comfortable with it. I wrote step-by-step instructions in the readme which will tell you where to find and add trophies and get started.

Dashboard > Manage Your Games > (Game) > Achievements

From there, it should be self-explanatory. The site is pretty user-friendly.

How you award trophies is up to you. Do so like any other event command. You have switches and variables at your disposal, so check for certain conditions, and use the @gamejolt_award_trophy ### command.
So it's by number rather than name? Yea, I've started to figure out how to post them.

As in, on the ini, under TrophySort do I put "Starting the Quest" or trophy #19275? And do I include secret trophies on both lists?

Also, can I omit Score Tables/ Max Scores? I don't care about rankings.
I do, however care if it shows the default trophies, if I leave it blank. I want just a trophy for some, and I'm worried the thing will glitch ("file not found" type error).

ALSO, can you explain what themes does visually?

(Mmmm, I got around to reading the ReadMe. I'll ask/reask questions after I'm satisfied that I do not already have the answers.)

Ah, yes. I do have one question. Is there any way you could make the default storage for trophies in Pictures, but able to change the folder by ini? I kinda have my status icons in battle in Status, my menu for the game clock in Menu, and my actual pictures in Pictures. To have it customizable helps with the overall clutter for my game. Bleh. The amount of effort trying to shrink pictures down to the point where they show up (32 x 32 is pretty small), sort of the defeats the purpose. I'll have the pictures on the website, and leave the trophy picture blank. I can do this, right? Can you error skip for omitted pictures, if you haven't already?

Also, are the trophies and other processes external to the game? As in, when I gain a trophy is it active indefinitely? If the character logins in at NewGame do they stay logged in, or do I have to nag them before showing their trophies?