+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

New (old) plugin:

More Message Commands!
Download: https://github.com/PepsiOtaku/msg_commands

(Monster names, item name/descriptions, skill name/descriptions, attributes, battle commands, hero class, terrain name, database strings

A[n] & \a[n] The name of an attribute (from the Attribute tab of the database), where n=database id
\B[n] & \b[n] The name of a battle command (from the Battle Layout tab of the database), where n=array id
\D[n] & \d[n] Hero's degree/class, where n=hero's id.
\I[n] Item Name, where n=item id
\i[n] Item Description, where n=item id
\K[n] Skill Name, where n=skill id
\k[n] Skill Description, where n=skill id
\M[n] Monster Name, where n=monster id
\m[n] Monster Item ID, where n=monster id
\O[n] & \o[n] - Condition, where n=condition id
\R[n] & \r[n] The name of a database string (from the String tab of the database), where n=**SEE CHART IN README.TXT**
\T[n] & \t[n] The name of a terrain (from the Terrain tab of the database), where n=terrain id

I had written most of this a little while ago, but decided to finish it up. It also works in all 4 message box lines!

(Animated monsters is still on my to-do list for those familiar with that thread. Been going through a pixel art phase)
author=Corti
author=Milennin
Would it be possible for someone here familiar with working with DynRPG code to make something that lets you store monster attack and defense values in variables?
My projects all have that functionality, so I only need to copy that in a plugin.
I won't have time next week, but after that, I may help you.

Awesome, I'd appreciate it a lot. Looking forward to it. :)

author=Giznads
ALSO:Another issue if anyone could please help me out, I'd be very grateful.

I'm not sure if this is related to having installed DYN Plugins, or not.
But basically, the problem I'm running into is that any item added in an event on a map, no matter what type of item it is, it will show up in my items list in battle.

For example; if on a map right before a battle I add an item that is set to "switch" type, with no use in battle, it shows up in the item list in battle anyway. I've even tried to change the item type to weapon, common item, etc. No matter what type of item it is, it shows up in the items list in battle.

Has anyone ran into this issue?

Uhm, this is normal? You always see all your items in combat, even the ones that are set to be unable to be used in combat. If you don't want non-combat items to show up in the item list during combat, store quantities in individual variables, remove them from the inventory when a battle starts, then re-add them by the amount you stored in the variables when the battle ends.
Sorry, double posted. Could a mod remove this?
Wow, I had no idea.
Well, thanks for the info, Milennin.
Sincerely.
author=PepsiOtaku
New (old) plugin:

More Message Commands!
Download: https://github.com/PepsiOtaku/msg_commands

(Monster names, item name/descriptions, skill name/descriptions, attributes, battle commands, hero class, terrain name, database strings

A[n] & \a[n] The name of an attribute (from the Attribute tab of the database), where n=database id

\B[n] & \b[n] The name of a battle command (from the Battle Layout tab of the database), where n=array id
\D[n] & \d[n] Hero's degree/class, where n=hero's id.
\I[n] Item Name, where n=item id
\i[n] Item Description, where n=item id
\K[n] Skill Name, where n=skill id
\k[n] Skill Description, where n=skill id
\M[n] Monster Name, where n=monster id
\m[n] Monster Item ID, where n=monster id
\O[n] & \o[n] - Condition, where n=condition id
\R[n] & \r[n] The name of a database string (from the String tab of the database), where n=**SEE CHART IN README.TXT**
\T[n] & \t[n] The name of a terrain (from the Terrain tab of the database), where n=terrain id

I had written most of this a little while ago, but decided to finish it up. It also works in all 4 message box lines!

(Animated monsters is still on my to-do list for those familiar with that thread. Been going through a pixel art phase)

Patiently waits or animated monsters :))) Thanks again for even being interested in continuing that plugin.
I think this used to be called Message Extender?

I remember the degree part, but not some of the others. I'll switch out what I got, definitely. The monster item could be useful for stealing and such.
yes bulma, if I'm not mistaken, the autor of the message extender plugin is Morden.
The MessageExtender plugin wasn't very stable (after so long it basically stopped working). The above plugin supports more commands anyway. I don't think MessageExtender supported lines 2-4 either. This one does.
Hey is there a way to:

• Get the plugin to support strings
  • Add a Monster Group id?

Ideally, a really cool thing to do would be "(Giant Clam From Space) appeared" as the battle start message. Currently, it just says useless stuff.

Mmmm, nvm that. I just had a thought. Who wrote the store discount patch? I wanna make a plugin that stores currency in a variable. No, not as in party has X currency, we can do that already (no plugin needed). I mean, I want to be able to make currency into a variable so I can for instance make a currency based on battles won, or how much of a certain item you have. Or make a barter system. Make something of value besides typical money.
Just started a new project and wanted to find out if anybody has any requests for it. The idea is a plugin that automatically transforms monsters at the start of battle to the IDs held by specified variables, and of course adjusts their HP/MP accordingly. I did a quick test of the basic concept last night and it seems to work fine. I may also throw in options for changing the monsters' positions, and actors too if feasible. So, anybody have ideas for other functionality that would fit well in such a plugin?

...I myself just now thought of, maybe I should allow for making changes mid-combat too...
Pepsi when I said \d(6) which was "Free Will" (Tales from the Reaper, they were degrees for the Reapers) it instead said (6) with brackets instead of parentheses (it wiped the \d). I had to go back to using MessageExtender. Can you doublecheck this or maybe I'm missing something it needs (header, etc) to run this process?

Do it by OnComment. This way the user can control how and when it is used versus checking constantly or only at turn start.
author=bulmabriefs144
Pepsi when I said \d(6) which was "Free Will" (Tales from the Reaper, they were degrees for the Reapers) it instead said (6) with brackets instead of parentheses (it wiped the \d). I had to go back to using MessageExtender. Can you doublecheck this or maybe I'm missing something it needs (header, etc) to run this process?

Do it by OnComment. This way the user can control how and when it is used versus checking constantly or only at turn start.

the same, with all the new commands.
author=bulmabriefs144

It already does that? I'm confused...

(From the readme)
Usage 
-----
Add a comment line with:

@process_cmd

...followed by the message box with one of the commands above.

That means two separate commands:

<>Comment: @process_cmd
<>Mesage: blahblahblah blahblah \d[6]
<> Line 2 blahblahblahblah \d[6]

It does NOT process every message box call. If you look at the source code for this plugin, I am only using onComment.

One other thing to note is that there is a check to make sure the number you put in the brackets is a valid hero. For instance, if you have 5 heroes with an array size of 5, but use 6 in the brackets, then it would just parse out the backslash and the closing bracket. If you were to do this with \N, then RPG_RT.exe would error out completely. I thought about doing something similar, but it wasn't worth the hassle.
I did exactly that, but it doesn't work.
edit:
without a faceset works.
The Message box has to be directly after the Comment.

<>Show Face  
<>Message:
ok, the problem was the order of the instructions.
author=PepsiOtaku
author=bulmabriefs144
It already does that? I'm confused...

(From the readme)
Usage 
-----
Add a comment line with:

@process_cmd

...followed by the message box with one of the commands above.

That means two separate commands:

<>Mesage: blahblahblah blahblah \d[6]
<> Line 2 blahblahblahblah \d[6]

It does NOT process every message box call. If you look at the source code for this plugin, I am only using onComment.

One other thing to note is that there is a check to make sure the number you put in the brackets is a valid hero. For instance, if you have 5 heroes with an array size of 5, but use 6 in the brackets, then it would just parse out the backslash and the closing bracket. If you were to do this with \N, then RPG_RT.exe would error out completely. I thought about doing something similar, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

Oh sorry, I'm ADD and made a leap in conversation to Aubrey that nobody caught.

Ummm? The character is not in my party. It's a secondary recurring character that is a part of the plot. Whatever instability MessageExtender has, it seems to have the right code for degrees if it runs regardless of whether something is in party array. Or do you mean, the total number of heroes? Because I have enough heroes... urgh, it's not based on classes is it? My NPCs have character class of None.

Not it either.

I tried adding classes, I tried putting all characters in the party. It doesn't seem to work.

Oh. Only using OnComment. Well that's the issue there. I pretty much need it to work as part of conversation.

Mmmm okay, so process command first. Do I have to do this before every message?
@Bulma: Yes, it has to be before every message box you are using the new commands in.

[#]
will display in the message box if a @process_cmd comment isn't directly before it, so that was definitely the issue.

For example, in EJ, I'm only using it in a few places so far (steal command, item pickups) so I didn't want the extra code running each time a message box is displayed, because it would be called thousands of times for no purpose.
Urgh, yeah that won't cut it for the amount I use it. Since I'm going to be using it more often than that, I'm gonna examine both codes, and see if I can't make it run better.