MARCH MEDIA MADNESS

Pages: first 1234 next last
Decky
I'm a dog pirate

March 13 - April 2

Thanks to Tau for the banner!

RUNNERS-UP:
UPRC - Blackmoon Prophecy Trailer (1 vote. It's nice to see some trailers make the list! LPs are great, but Media is such an encompassing category.)
NicoB - Epic Elf LP (1 vote.)

AND THE WINNER:
NicoB - Princess Princess LP (3 votes and my guess many more if I polled IRC. That last video is classic.)

Congratulations, NicoB! We reached our goal of 40 Media Submissions, so everyone who submitted Media during the drive will receive a achievement! Also, I have decided to award achievements to anyone who submitted media from March 1-12. Christmas comes twice a year on RMN!

Thank you to everyone who participated in this! The voting part will probably be eliminated from future content drives unless I can convince someone to help me compile a pretty voting system.

March Media Madness is a media submission drive that will correspond with the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament . We will have until 11:59PM Eastern Time on April 2nd to upload at least 40 media submissions. It's the same idea as December Review Challenge, except with media instead of reviews.

If we reach our goal of 40 submissions by April 2nd, each user who submitted media during the drive will get an achievement:

1-4 Media Submissions: 25 Makerscore
5-9: 50 Makerscore
10+: 75 Makerscore

In addition, we will have two bonus achievements worth 75 makerscore apiece: one for the user with the most media submissions, and one for the user with the best media submission during the drive, to be decided by popular vote in the week following April 2nd.

The bonus achievements are stackable: it's possible to win both bonus achievements as well as a submission achievement. This means there's up to 225 makerscore at stake, plus the normal reward for each submission!

What kind of things can be submitted as media? Custom Art, Let's Plays, Video Reviews, Trailers, Custom Audio...anything of the sort! You'll see a list of categories when you submit your media.

Please don't game the system! We'll be using the honor code here. I won't go crazy with rules because I trust y'all...but here are some guidelines. For this drive, qualified media submissions must be of your own creation. If you're doing a long LP, please submit videos in 5-part submissions (or 50-minute chunks). Art and music should be of decent quality; otherwise, please use your judgment and compile low-quality sketches and concept art. Let's make this a fair event!

I do reserve the right to disqualify an entry. Submitting a 2-minute Let's Try might be one such case ;)

What if we don't make our goal? Well...you can figure out the answer. The clock is ticking - there's makerscore to be won!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Just a quick ammendment: LPs/LTs don't HAVE to be 5 parts long. If or when a LP/LT reaches 5 parts, you can branch off and submit a second page and count it as a second entry. And so on. :D
Can we submit media for our own games?
Happy
Devil's in the details
There's a problem. If I submit soundtrack media, like new tracks, there's no point submitting each song as separate media entry, because you can post all songs on a single page of media, for better navigation.

So, even if each song would count as a proper entry for this event, the system doesn't support it. I could probably post like, say, 4-5 songs, but they could be submitted on a single media entry only...
So do we post things in this topic, or do we use use the submissions menu up above? I ask because I am dumb and do not know how to submit anything other than a screenshot, download, game page, or article using the submissions menu.
To submit media for a game, you go to the game profile and click Submit Media in the game bar (much like you would a review), even for your own games (because I haven't coded it into the game management system...yet)

I would recommend submitting your music for your own game as a single media item, as you would if this event was not going on. While technically you could submit each song individually, it violates the spirit of the event (which is to create worthwhile media items).
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
And yeah, you can submit media for your own games :D
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=kentona
To submit media for a game, you go to the game profile and click Submit Media in the game bar (much like you would a review), even for your own games (because I haven't coded it into the game management system...yet)

I would recommend submitting your music for your own game as a single media item, as you would if this event was not going on. While technically you could submit each song individually, it violates the spirit of the event (which is to create worthwhile media items).

Well, it seems I won't be able to participate this then, even if I wanted to. I can submit new songs to my soundtrack page, but it's an already submitted media entry, so I guess it doesn't count...
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=Deckiller
And yeah, you can submit media for your own games :D
Well that's a relief.
I've been trying to record some movies for months now and run into problem after problem :( therefore, I've pretty much given up. Would definitely have participated in this if I could have though!
Oblic
Once a member of RMN, always a member of RMN!
So... any media that is submitted during this time period will count toward this event?

Sounds like a blast! Maybe (if I find time) I'll try my very first LP/LT. Also, should we submit videos to youtube first, and then post links?
Yes, Oblic, unless you want to submit them to another video site instead. YouTube is the better option though.

You don't have to submit stuff to your game only - things like fan trailers, fan art, LTs and LPs all make the cut.
Question: If you have to do a let's play in many parts (My hellion Let's play I am making) will each part count as a seprate media or will it all go into one? Also, YAY! That means I already get 25 maker score for my two Let's plays on Kentona's games, right? They were both submitted in march... XD
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I mentioned in the OP that the LP should be submitted in 5-part chunks. That way, you get a decent amount of credit but won't be gaming the system. ;)
XD Forgive me on this, but I predict my hellion Let's play is going to stretch larger then that, due to the fact that I record and play in 30 Minute game jams, due to how long it takes for the video to format. My terrible laptop has sony vegas taking 8 hours per 30 minute recording! Of course, that is me encoding it to be 720p HD for youtube, but I want to deliver quality after all... '.' "

So, my new question is more simple: Can I only be accredited for the first 5 parts of the LP then? This way, I can continue to work and play the entire game, and still take part in this. XD
Oblic
So, what is the count up to...? Or is it a surprise to know whether or not we make it to 40?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
The count is up to 10.
Add one. I just did the second part of my Let's play.
Oblic
author=Deckiller
The count is up to 10.

Uh-oh... unless I can pump out some crappy art with the rest of my LP/LT's it seems unlikely that we'll make it...
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Well we're already up to 16 now. Almost halfway there ;)
Pages: first 1234 next last