QUICKSPRITE V1.0 RELEASE THREAD

Pages: 1
QuickSprite, a program I designed to replace looseleaf's character generator as an offline equivalent with a few tweaks has now been released. This project has been a roller-coaster ride with fun and frustration but now I can finally move on to other projects as well as tweak this a bit here and there when necessary. I am happy to release this for all to use rather than just myself and the testers.

Features:
  • Drop-down menu character creation for all sizes of characters
  • Ability to use your own assets to make the creation of characters faster by simply putting the
    assets into their designated folder.
  • save your characters in a project file to load at a later time to make adjustments
  • zoom in if there is a fine detail that you wish to look at
  • change the background color to fit your style and to avoid transparency conflicts
  • adjust the hue of each individual piece to create different variations.
  • export the character to avoid having to print-screen and paste into your program of choice to crop it.
  • it's free (but donations are accepted)

As of right now the program doesn't include many assets (just the ones I used to test the program as I was developing it) but I am hoping to find individuals who are interested in creating them and sharing it with the community. I will post them on my website with full credit for the creator as well as updating this topic with the packs/pieces that are created.

You can download the program through the following link.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65853207/Quicksprite%20v1.0%20Release.zip

Screenshot:
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Sounds interesting, bumping your post!
Downloaded your program, I'll check it as soon as I have gotten some sleep...!
lol Thanks for the interest and the bump! :)
Milos
Lone Wolf, or something cool.
Nice program, dude!
Just it has few options (or I don't know how to set them)
:P
author=Milos
Nice program, dude!
Just it has few options (or I don't know how to set them)
:P

As stated, there really are no assets available for it at the moment. I'm hoping some spriters will come along and find some interest in the program and create some material for it to be used by all. I find myself really busy with my own game and other aspects of my personal life so spriting assets to use with this has become something that I cannot do at the moment (gotta get a job to pay the bills and whatnot).

If anyone would be interested in making these assets, here is an example of how one could go about doing so. First, I create a base character. A naked body for the purposes of being just a base. The image is 96x120 or something like that. Each of the clothing/accessory pieces need to be 96x120 so that it will overlap properly as long as each tile of that characterset is aligned evenly. Each of these pieces after being saved will be put into their corresponding folders in the program's folder. If you are running the program already, all you would have to do is switch genders real fast and it will re-populate the text fields for each gender. A good example of assets would be the RPG Maker VX Ace character generator files, except you don't need multiple re-colors per piece on the one image because the program will allow you to set the hue yourself. :)

I hope that long winded example helps lol
Pages: 1