MAFIA ROUND 3 SIGN-UPS!

Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Trihan presents...

In the interests of keeping metagaming shenanigans to a minimum, all you're getting before the game starts is that it's a ruleset based on Paper Mario. There are some pretty neat mechanics in there that should keep things interesting.

If you want to play, speak now or forever hold your Peach.

SIGNUPS SO FAR:

chana
Zeuzio
MirrorMasq
SorceressKyrsty
Marrend
MrChearlie
Shinan
Ark
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Little Wing Guy
Gourd_Clae
pyrodoom
Dudesoft
ldida1
Lily
Despite
Yellow Magic
rabitZ
theyellowjester
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Trihan
For the record I'm hoping for about 28 players if possible.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I guess I'll join. I'll try not to loose any sleep over it this time, but I'm not making any promises!
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Me play. Me goomba
Trihan
I'll just leave this here...

The heroes and villains of the Paper Mario world have gathered on stage to put on the show of the century! Alas, tragedy strikes when the theatre is shrouded in fog! Some of the villains have taken this opportunity to sneakily swap places with heroes and audience members to avoid detection! It's up to the heroes and the audience to find the villains and throw them out of the theatre!

The ruleset as it stands now consists of 8 heroes, 6 villains, and everyone else is an audience member. Heroes and audience are considered town. For the purposes of the ruleset, being "thrown out of the theatre" means the same thing as being lynched. Nightkills are referred to as being "unceremoniously ejected".

Rather than day and night, the game is split into "hero" phases and "villain" phases.

Hero phases last 72 hours, villain phases last 48. During the villain phase the villains will discuss amongst themselves who they want to unceremoniously eject. During the hero phase the players will discuss who they think is a villain and vote to throw someone out.

The heroes and audience win if the villains are all thrown out.

The villains win if all the heroes are thrown out, or there are no audience members left.

Audience
Although they're vanilla townies, in this ruleset the audience members still have an important role: during the villain phases audience members can become a "fan" of another player by PMing a name to the GM. During the hero phase, if the player who's due to be thrown out has more fans than anyone else, they will stay and the player with the second highest number of votes will be thrown out instead.

Other characters are shown in the format
Name - Ability. Ability explanation.

Heroes

Mario - Hammer. Mario's vote counts double.

Goombella - Tattle. During the villain phase can analyse a player and find out whether they're a hero, a villain, or an audience member.

Koops - Shell Shield. During the villain phase can protect another player from being unceremoniously tossed. Ricochets out of the theatre if he protects a villain. If he successfully protects a hero or audience member, he can't protect during the next villain phase as he's recovering.

Madame Flurrie - Lip Lock. On one hero phase during the game, the Madame Flurrie player can activate this ability to switch all of her votes with those of another player. The players will know the ability has been activated, but not which player activated it.

Yoshi - Stampede. On one hero phase during the game, Yoshi can activate this ability to call forth a herd of Yoshis. Causes the Yoshi player's lynch vote to count double for that phase. The players will know the ability has been activated, but not which player activated it until the end of the phase.

Vivian - Infatuate. During the villain phase can visit another player and prevent them from taking action. (doesn't affect becoming a fan)

Admiral Bobbery - Bomb. During the night can blow up another player, shooting them out of the theatre roof.

Ms. Mowz - Kiss Thief. During the villain phase can target a player. If that player is a fan of another player, they become Ms. Mowz's fan instead. If they're already a fan of Ms. Mowz they will become a fan of another random player instead.

Villains

Hooktail - Stomp. Once during the game Hooktail can stomp mightily on the ground, stunning everyone and ending the hero phase 24 hours early.

Magnus von Grapple - no special abilities

Rawk Hawk - Double Flip. On one hero phase during the game Rawk Hawk can pick a villain and a non-villain by PMing the GM with their names. The chosen players will be forced to vote for another target of Rawk Hawk's choice, which cannot be the person they're already voting for. Has no effect if either target hasn't already cast a vote.

Doopliss - Transform. At the beginning of the game Doopliss picks another non-villain player. The first time he's investigated, he will show as that player's role. He will also have that player's abilities, if any.

Cortez - Recover. The first time Cortez would be lynched, if there are any audience members who aren't already a fan of another player they'll automatically become a fan of Cortez.

Shadow Queen - Alpha villain (has the final say in ejection decisions unless she's out). Dangerous Breath. On one hero phase during the game Shadow Queen can activate this power to cause all the votes that have been cast so far to be forgotten. Players who have their votes removed by this power are unable to recast them for the duration of that phase. This power can't be used when entering the final 24 hours of the phase.
You probably shouldn't list the roles. Sign me up!
Trihan
I wasn't going to but ultimately decided I might as well let you guys know what you're letting yourselves in for.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Wow, this is going to be tricky!

Edit : actually, I think it's a different but maybe more interesting way to play to know the roles, like you have all the rules of the game, instead of falling randomly on unimaginable roles for who has never played and even those who have.
Trihan
This is also so that if anyone spots any glaring problems or potential exploits of the rules, I can sort them out before we begin.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
If last round taught me anything, it was that double vote == hammer vote. Thus, I totally approve of the double-vote power being "Hammer".
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
sign me up
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
Im in.

PAPER FUCKING MAFIA FTW.
I'm in as Zeuzio got me here!