MAFIA OF THE DEATH NOTE (SIGN UPS)

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
-This game will start August 2nd or (probably) August 3rd-

“Hello, let me introduce myself, my name is Ryuk, a shinigami. I live in a parallel world to your human one, and I am bored to death. We shinigamis have these notebooks of death called Death Notes, which we can use to kill you humans. I came up with the best idea to combat my boredom. So what I've done is this: I gave my notebook to a human here on Earth, and started following him around to see what they'd do with it. I came to the conclusion that human are quite... interesting... As you of the police should all know by now, the person I gave my notebook to has started killing all criminals in the world, trying to create a world in which he can rule like a god. He gained a lot of support, I'll tell you. 16 of you have gathered here today, in this warehouse you call the Yellow Box. As you probably figured because of my presence here, not all of you have good intentions.”

Suddenly, a maniacal laugh bursts out of the crowd, followed by the voice of a young man:
“That's right... I... Kira... God of the New World am here... I'm not alone, and I will kill you all, police.”
All turned their heads in the direction of the sound, only to see a lonely voice recorder sitting on the ground.

“Well, I guess this will be it, then.” All turned their heads again to see a young black-haired man sitting on a chair, his knees up to his face. “I am L, and I will find out who here is Kira, and eliminate him.” “Shinigami Ryuk”, a young boy with hair as white as snow, said, while playing with some lego. “Have you secured all entrances to this warehouse?”

“Obviously! I made you come here to combat my boredom. It's not like I'm going to let anyone of you escape! Hawr Hawr hawr! Nobody here's leaving until either Kira and his followers are finished off, or they've killed all of you police people, Near.”
“Thank you, Shinigami Ryuk. In that case this really will be the final stand in our battle against Kira.”

“You need to lighten up, Near, we may as well enjoy this situation.” Everyone turns his attention to the young brown-haired man, standing away from the group, facing the wall.
“Light Yagami... I suspect you are Kira, and you will not leave this place alive. Justice will be served...”
“Me? Kira? Hahahahaha! I knew you could make jokes, Near, you learn fast.”

“Alright then, humans. I will give you some inside information to get you started. Amongst you are:

4 Kira Supporters
2 Mafia
1 ???
9 Police

Let's get this show on the road! Hawr Hawr Hawr!”

Participants:
1 MirrorMasq
2 ivoryjones
3 Gourd_Clae
4 Yellow Magic
5 itrombe
6 Liberty
7 CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
8 chana
9 MrChearlie
10 Despite
11 thatbennyguy
12 Idida1
13 rabitZ
14 Adon237
15 Marrend

The mafia in this game are called Kira supporters, while the Mafia are independent roles.

Roles & rules:

author=Wikipedia
Mafia is a party game modelling a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are secretly assigned roles: either "mafia", who know each other; or "townspeople", who know only the number of mafia amongst them. In the game's "night" phase the mafia covertly 'murder' a townsperson. During the day phase, all of the surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumber the townspeople.

The Roles:

Before the game begins, each player is sent a PM assigning him or her a role. The contents of the PM cannot be shared with other players. All roles are assigned randomly. There are three basic types of roles that you can get: Town, Mafia, and Independent.

Town (Police)
If you are part of the town, then your objective is to stay alive and try to find out who the scum are. Since you cannot communicate with other players outside of this thread, you must work together and weed out who is lying and who is not.

Mafia (Kira supporters)
The mafia, on the other hand, have a significant advantage over the town. They can communicate with other mafia members outside the thread in any way they please. During the night, they send a PM to the host (me) telling me which townie they want to kill. If all goes according to their plan (which it might not), then that townie will be dead -thus cannot post or vote- for the rest of the game.

Independents (Mafia)
The goal of an independent role is to simply stay alive until the end of the game. Though some independent roles have other win conditions. They have no set alliance, and can side with either the town or the mafia. An independent usually must be alive at the game's conclusion to win, unlike town or mafia members.

If all mafia members are killed, then The Town Wins!
If enough villagers are killed that the amount of mafia members in equal to or greater than the amount of villagers The Mafia Wins!

Game Structure:

The game starts out in something called a day phase. In this phase, all players who are not dead may participate in discussion as well as vote for who gets lynched (note that you can also vote for no one getting lynched). The day phase will continue until a set deadline has passed or when deciding vote is reached.

Once the day phase is finished, the night phase begins. No one may talk in the thread during this phase, meaning that only players with night actions play a significant role. Night actions are abilities possessed by special roles that can be used to alter the game during the night phase. All night actions, including the mafia's kill, will be sent to me via PM(unless otherwise stated). Once the night phase deadline is reached or when all actions are sent in, I will PM everyone involved with their results and then a new day phase will begin. If anyone dies, then that person will be revealed.

Rinse and repeat until the game is over...

The Rules:

1. VOTING: Voting should look like this:

#Lynch Jeroen_Sol or #NoLynch
And if you wish to change your vote, first cancel your first vote like this:
#Cancel
It needs to be bold and with a # in front of it, to make it easier for me to make vote counts.

Hammer rules apply this game, meaning that once a majority vote is reached that person is lynched and the day phase ends.

2. PARTICIPATE: It's not too fun when half of the players are always missing in action and only have a few posts. Try to post a few times during each day phase and contribute to the discussion in some way. This is also very important for the town's survival. If you don't participate, you are at high risk of being modkilled or replaced.

3. DON'T CHEAT: Although it'd be difficult for me to find out, just don't do it anyway. You'd be ruining the fun of the game. And if I DO find out...

4. IF YOU ARE DEAD, STAY DEAD: This game does not involve zombies. If you die, then don't post anymore. You can still cheer on your team/partner from the sidelines, though. I will make a separate thread for the actual game once it starts, making this thread a sort of "dead lounge" where dead players can chat (without revealing anything!).

5. EDIT RULE: You can edit posts to fix spelling/grammar mistakes and to bold votes. That's it, though. You can't actually edit the content of your posts. If you change your post, you must ALWAYS mention exactly what you changed.

L isn't even a good guy lol. He's only interested in solving difficult cases.

I'm in as usual.
I'm in.

Is that a Yellow Magical Box?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I'm in ... like a bull in a china shop
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Hey guys, I'm finally here at the camping place, and I got wi-fi, so that's a good thing. :) Good to see people are signing up already. :)
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I am in it. The probability of Ivory being mafia has risen...five percent.
Well, I didn't give you the okay to start these sign-ups, but uh...whatever. Not sure if I want to play yet.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
ok, I'm in too.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
*Edit: Wrong thread. Sorry!
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I am in it. The probability of Ivory being mafia has risen...five percent.

Wth are you-

Oh! I see what you did there. 8)
Jeroen_Sol
Cue the feeling of utter stupidity! I have no idea what you guys mean... Is it about CAVE always going after ivory? Or is it that with 7 players there's two mafia and with 6 one? I think I'm overthinking this. XD

On a side note, ivory, liking the Rem avatar :D
Er iirc, in Death Note, when L questions Yagami or just "casually" chats with him, and depending on Yagami's answer, L will say "The probability of you being Kira has risen/decreased -insert random percentage-." xd That's what he meant, and he's joking lol, probably because of my comment on saying L's not a good guy. xd
Jeroen_Sol
Ow, derp XD How could a death note fan like me not pick up on that one? Anyway, I wouldn't want to die by the hands of a fake mafia like yourself, ivory. It's obvious you can nightkill by just knowing a person's avatar rather than needing his account name too.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
i wanna pway
I'll offer you the same thing I offered MrChearlie: If you need any assistance with hosting or coming up with roles, I'll be happy to help you.