RMN V4.3 BUGS

author=Max McGee
just saw a weird bug where a thread in "the archives" ('you guys remember that game battle of heaven?') says it was started by Clyve but was actually started by Link_2112. what gives?
Clyve tried deleting the thread, but deleted his post instead, and now it looks like Link made the topic.

You can't delete threads.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Maybe it's because I went on an editing rampage, but...

I only used one hide tag for this last block and it hides individual tags.
like an idiot I tried clicking on the Show buttons.

Yeah, the hide tag is flaky as fuck. But the plugin code we got for BBC is confusing as fuck, too.
...so did I just then... ;.;

Make sure that you're not using quotes within the hidden area. That fucks things up like crazy. About the only thing that works with hide tags are images, links and text.

Also, make sure you added the / to the end tag. I did something like this on a post yesterday and all of my post went a bit mad with the hide tags because I hadn't 'ended' the tag properly. >.<;
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I like how there's another rogue Hide tag after the Edit/Save/Quote, just in case you didn't have enough of them in the body of the comment.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
LockeZ I think that's because it's on Red_Nova's gamepage so he has the ability as dev to hide the post.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Yo dawg I heard you like hiding posts...

Anyway, removing the quote tags worked perfectly. Thanks, Liberty!
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
This field was changed to "Skype" some time back:

However, it still has its old MSN validation and I cannot input my Skype name.

I think it's an easy fix? I am unsure.
yeah, it's pretty easy.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
nhubi
Not so much a bug as a blitz methinks, and the team have it well sorted.
We got it~

Spam bots: getting smarter since forever
Not sure if it'll be an issue but... I experimented a bit, and discovered that I can actually add multiple reviews to the same game. I did so by marking the old one as Draft, and then going ahead and adding another one in the game's profile. Essentially, I can keep going forever.

I'm not sure if it'll be the case after I finalize them and submit the reviews, but it sure as hell is implying that I can have a truck-load of reviews of the same game.

It's not really urgent, since I bet that Soli wouldn't let dupes get past him. Nonetheless, it may be a problem at some point.
Little bug I found. In a status, if you put a web address first, then write your status, the linkage gets messed up and the text after the address is just text instead of being a link to an actual status. (Reversing it with writing first, then link, will work though.)

author=karins_soulkeeper
Not sure if it'll be an issue but... I experimented a bit, and discovered that I can actually add multiple reviews to the same game. I did so by marking the old one as Draft, and then going ahead and adding another one in the game's profile. Essentially, I can keep going forever.

I'm not sure if it'll be the case after I finalize them and submit the reviews, but it sure as hell is implying that I can have a truck-load of reviews of the same game.

It's not really urgent, since I bet that Soli wouldn't let dupes get past him. Nonetheless, it may be a problem at some point.

Draft won't show up on the game page and will go through to the queue when submitted, so no worries there.
Few things I've brought up before that are still going on:

In a person's profile when they put in a link to their facebook or youtube, normally they would expect to include the entire URL. Not just the part after facebook.com. So a lot of links look like http://www.facebook.com/https://www.facebook.com/xxxxx. It should either state that you don't need to include the domain name or just not do that server side. It doesn't seem to do that for all of them, DeviantArt for example is fine.

In the toolbar above this box I'm typing in, the button for Youtube still has no icon.
nhubi
Have you got adblockplus running Link? It tends to block the youtube icon unless you instruct it not to do so.
author=Link_2112
Few things I've brought up before that are still going on:

In a person's profile when they put in a link to their facebook or youtube, normally they would expect to include the entire URL. Not just the part after facebook.com. So a lot of links look like http://www.facebook.com/https://www.facebook.com/xxxxx. It should either state that you don't need to include the domain name or just not do that server side. It doesn't seem to do that for all of them, DeviantArt for example is fine.

In the toolbar above this box I'm typing in, the button for Youtube still has no icon.

We don't have a deviant art one....

unless that was your point (that we ought to have one).

When I added the Farcebook and Youtubes sections, I was concerned about spammers putting in links to anywhere/malware sites, so I restricted it to just the account name and then on the server side I build the full URL using the website address and the account name.

It's all pretty clunky, anyway, and kind of unnecessary. Maybe I will just remove them and tell people to use URL tags in their description. There are more social media sites than I can keep up with, anyway.
Like, OMG, where's my LiveJernal link? Srsly doe! And wat about all mah leet hooksups on, like, mahspace? Duh, like, totes gonna need those hooked up asap. Gawd, u gais. lol