WHO WILL STEAL THIS YEAR'S MISAOS? FINAL WEEKEND!

Pages: first 12 next last

Nominations are closed and the voting booths are open! There were 821 nominations for games in 2012 and those that had received 2 or more noms in a particular category are eligible to be voted for in said category.

To cast you votes: http://rpgmaker.net/misaos/2012/vote

To see your votes: http://rpgmaker.net/account/misaos/2012/votes

To keep tabs on the Misaos: http://rpgmaker.net/misaos/

Voting ends on January 21st, 2013

What are the Misaos?

The Misaos are an annual award event given to indie games made in the RM community. 'Misaos' is the general name for the awards such as 'Best Atmosphere', 'Most Technical Prowess' or 'Game of the Year'. You can liken it to a "People's Choice" award, as the games are nominated and voted upon by the community-at-large.

To nominate a game for a Misao, simply go to its game profile and click the "Nominate" link. You then select the category or categories you wish to nominate it for and confirm your nomination. Nominations for 2013 will start after voting for 2012 ends January 21st.
Ronove
More like Misao Stealing Prince
author=kentona
Nominations for 2013 will start after voting for 2012 ends January 15th.

So does the voting end the 15th or the 21st? :O
When in doubt, trust the bigger font.
I am confused. I thought Misao's were still exclusive to hobby titles. Isn't Radio the Universe a commercial game that just got Kickstarted... And aren't these categories for completed games anyway?

What a tough decision! Weird, I thought I saw lots of non-RPG games on the site this year.
author=Jude
I am confused. I thought Misao's were still exclusive to hobby titles. Isn't Radio the Universe a commercial game that just got Kickstarted... And aren't these categories for completed games anyway?

This is true. As awesome as Radio the Universe looks, I don't think anyone has even played it yet due to it not being released in any way.

Also I am happy that my game got nominated for something! Thank you!
well, the gameprofile isn't marked as commercial.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Antilurker77
What a tough decision! Weird, I thought I saw lots of non-RPG games on the site this year.

I'm going to laugh if Pengui manages to lose.

...didn't Pengui come out like four years ago on GamingW anyway
author=Jude

There was some fraud with the Radio the Universe nominations. I discounted 70+ nominations already and am still working on it. Although I kinda agree that almost all of the categories should require some type of demo...

EDIT: Ok, Radio the Universe seemed to have 2 legit nominations for Best Graphics and Artwork. I left that alone. All of the other nominations and votes have been discounted. If you voted for Radio the Universe for something other than Best Graphics and Artwork, you should probably change your vote.
author=Craze
Antilurker77

Indeed. I am disappoint with the lack of noms for the Non-RPG category. At the very least, we have a ton of SMBX games released, not to mention the latest BQ game, and a half-dozen other non-RPGs...
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Yeah that puzzled me as well, just the one nomination for that category. I guess I was the only one who nominated The Desolate Hope for best graphics & artwork?
author=kentona

It doesn't seem to have a download either? I thought you couldn't nominate games without downloads?
author=Shinan
author=kentona
It doesn't seem to have a download either? I thought you couldn't nominate games without downloads?
At one point it did have a download, earlier in the year, as it turns out. But then it was taken down.
author=Craze
Antilurker77

No, I released a really short demo back then but the game was fully completed this last year (which is 5 times longer than the demo was).

Hate to see this situation happen when there is only one thing to vote on, and I didn't really expect to win anything for it (seems it seems like it's the least played featured game ever last time I checked, haha), but at least I hope it gets recognized by some for its original graphics and twist on the ice sliding mechanic.
STAR STEALING PRINCE 4 LYFE YO <3333

Good luck to alla y'alls up for Misaos!
I think it 's pretty obvious that Star Stealing Prince will get the award, based on the amount of votes. I haven't played it, though. :)
The amount of votes is unknown at this time. What is listed publicly is the number of nominations.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I didn't play nearly enough games in 2012.
author=ankylo
I discounted 70+ nominations already and am still working on it.

wow, that many?!
Pages: first 12 next last