DOWNLOAD LINK NO LONGER WORKS

Pages: 1
To clarify, I uploaded my game at gaming front due to technical problems when trying to upload it here.(Perhaps my pc just sucks?) For the first 28 or so downloads everything worked great.

However, Shun notified me of an issue and when I clicked on "download" again it would not take me to the download on gaming front and instead said. "Oops, there's a problem. Chances are we know about it & we're working on it!"

First of all, is it considered "bad form" to upload a game somewhere else? If it is, why is the url option offered to begin with?

Secondly, if it is a technical hiccup would deleting then reposting the same url remedy the situation?

I apologize for being annoying but as a noob I'm still learning the ropes!
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
It isn't bad etiquette to upload it elsewhere. Developers have their own reasons for that. One of the issues with uploading to RMN is that if somebody tries to download and it fails for some reason, they have to wait 1 hour before trying again. To mention, Mediafire seems to be the most common off-site option for developers to host their uploads.

There is the "Link to Dropbox" option as well which I'm not clear how it works (from both viewpoints, the uploader's and downloader's) since I haven't used it yet. Perhaps someone else could explain how this option works.

Regarding your link issue, I would say there's only one way to find out. In theory, it should work ...

author=edchuy
It isn't bad etiquette to upload it elsewhere. Developers have their own reasons for that. One of the issues with uploading to RMN is that if somebody tries to download and it fails for some reason, they have to wait 1 hour before trying again. To mention, Mediafire seems to be the most common off-site option for developers to host their uploads.

There is the "Link to Dropbox" option as well which I'm not clear how it works (from both viewpoints, the uploader's and downloader's) since I haven't used it yet. Perhaps someone else could explain how this option works.

Regarding your link issue, I would say there's only one way to find out. In theory, it should work ...

It's odd. I now have 29 downloaders implying people can still access it yet when I click on it I get the error message. It could have something to do with my personal settings.

Craziness I tell you,craziness!
Dropbox is actually a good alternative. Basically you download the setup, it creates a Dropbox file on your computer. You add whatever you want to be uploaded in that file and it runs in the background, uploading it. You get 2GB free on sign-up, so it's pretty decent, and if need be you can purchase more.

Mediafire is also pretty good.
If you have enough MS, you could also use your locker, depending on the space available to you.
author=Liberty
Dropbox is actually a good alternative. Basically you download the setup, it creates a Dropbox file on your computer. You add whatever you want to be uploaded in that file and it runs in the background, uploading it. You get 2GB free on sign-up, so it's pretty decent, and if need be you can purchase more.

Mediafire is also pretty good.
If you have enough MS, you could also use your locker, depending on the space available to you.

Everything seems alright now.(Well,mostly. Shun is still having some problems and unfortunately I'm not encountering the same issue so it's difficult to find a solution for him personally) Thanks for telling me about the drop box though! I was not quite sure what it was used for.
edchuy
I actually knew the Dropbox setup, but not how to create the link @ RMN. I would think you need to access to that particular file to public so that anybody can get it.
author=edchuy
I actually knew the Dropbox setup, but not how to create the link @ RMN. I would think you need to access to that particular file to public so that anybody can get it.

Seems logical! Aka,making the file in the drop box public domain. Whelp, I'm off to bed! It's 3:16 in the morning. What the hell am I still doing awake?! This doesn't help my argument that I have a life. lol.
I seem to be having trouble with the downloads on my games too and mine is uploaded to this site. I don't think it's the fact that you uploaded it to somewhere else, seems to be a problem with the site.
author=SnowOwl
I seem to be having trouble with the downloads on my games too and mine is uploaded to this site. I don't think it's the fact that you uploaded it to somewhere else, seems to be a problem with the site.

It could be, SnowOwl. I've been lucky most other people don't have my same problem! That is why I originally thought it might have dealt with my pc settings.
edchuy
Yeah, there seems to be a problem. I tried several times to download a game hosted here and got the error page. I'll let you know if it gets cleared ...
author=edchuy
Yeah, there seems to be a problem. I tried several times to download a game hosted here and got the error page. I'll let you know if it gets cleared ...

I'm sure the admins & mods are hard at work. I'd like to know when the issue resolves itself. Keep me in the loop!
Appears my games downloads are down too...
Getting sent to an error page.
author=bigbadke12

Sorry to read that,bigbad. Well, at least we're in this together? I'm trying to be an optimist at any rate. lol.
author=BrokenH
author=bigbadke12
Sorry to read that,bigbad. Well, at least we're in this together? I'm trying to be an optimist at any rate. lol.

Yup.
Hopefully someones working on it.
edchuy
I just reported it to the user feedback forum just in case.
Why is this buried in the Help & Requests forum? I had no idea this was broken until edchuy linked to it in the user feedback forum. I will take a look.
Does it work now?

E: ankylo picked a fine week to go to San Diego
author=kentona
Does it work now?

E: ankylo picked a fine week to go to San Diego

Yea appears it's working now.
author=kentona
Why is this buried in the Help & Requests forum? I had no idea this was broken until edchuy linked to it in the user feedback forum. I will take a look.

Me being a noob was the culprit. lol. Aka, I may not be the best at knowing where to post things.
edchuy
Yeah, that and the deceiving error page saying they probably know it and are working to fix the problem.
Pages: 1