'FILE SYSTEM4 CANNOT BE OPENED' ERROR.

Pages: 1
Okay, so when I try to test-play my game, I get a 'file system4 cannot be opened' error. Can any body help with this?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Your game uses the system4.png file, which is part of the RTP. But you moved or deleted it. (It's supposed to be in the System subfolder, either of your game's folder or of the RTP's folder.)
Yes, it's part of the System2 folder, specifically
Cannot be opened = cannot be found. Make a new one or copy one from the RTP.
If you want to take a step further, open your RPG_RT.ini file and add this line:

FullPackageFlag=0

Then make sure all files are inside your game folder. This way, the RTP isn't needed as long as the files are in your game. For you or anybody else who will play your game.
I am having the same problem. I still don't know how to solve it. I am lost.. I see no system4 file anywhere in ANY of my RPG Maker 2003 files. I also do not see any RPG_RT.ini within the files...
author=Link_2112
If you want to take a step further, open your RPG_RT.ini file and add this line:

FullPackageFlag=0

Then make sure all files are inside your game folder. This way, the RTP isn't needed as long as the files are in your game. For you or anybody else who will play your game.

It's the other way round. FullPackageFlag=1 will remove RTP check.
Such an old post. I recall finding out my error some time after that post, but I never went back to change it.
author=RelaxedZealot
I am having the same problem. I still don't know how to solve it. I am lost.. I see no system4 file anywhere in ANY of my RPG Maker 2003 files. I also do not see any RPG_RT.ini within the files...

If you have the new RM2k3 then the file you want is SystemD of SystemC. They got renamed in the official version instead of using numbers they use letters. They'll be in the System folder.
author=RelaxedZealot

That's exactly the point. You're missing it. Copypaste another system file, and rename to match.
Pages: 1