ADJUSTING THE CRITICAL HIT DAMAGE IN RPG MAKER VX ACE

Pages: 1
Is it possible to change the amount of damage that a character deals when landing a critical hit? Personally I think the default is a bit to much.
There should be a way. Perhaps in a script - one of the battle ones dealing with that particular stat? I'd imagine a scripter would be able to figure out a simple little fix.

Found the area of it. It's under the Game Objects: Game_Battler scripts. Line 380 - 385 shows that crit damage is default x3. Change that to between .01 and 3. Keep in mind that changing this can mess with scripts that deal with critical chances.
author=Liberty
There should be a way. Perhaps in a script - one of the battle ones dealing with that particular stat? I'd imagine a scripter would be able to figure out a simple little fix.

Found the area of it. It's under the Game Objects: Game_Battler scripts. Line 380 - 385 shows that crit damage is default x3. Change that to between .01 and 3. Keep in mind that changing this can mess with scripts that deal with critical chances.

Thanks, I must have over looked that part. As much as RM2K3 holds a spot in my heart, I'm glad I finally decided to learn Ace. Grant you it's a much higher learning curve and has caused me many headaches thus far, but I've also learned a lot.
Pages: 1