HAS ANYONE EVER PLAYED "BRAVE STORY NEW TRAVLER" FOR PSP?

Pages: 1
Brave Story New Travler, for PSP. I just beat the game last night, somewhere in the area of 50 hours. It's a good game, concidering that turn based RPG's a hard to come by (especially good ones.) It has a good story, some nice side features. I really enjoyed the bird brawling mini game. The combo attacks were a nice addition to the typically stale turn based system. It also has a good cast of characters with a wide selection of spells. Now, the graphics were really good, but the dungeons left alot to be desired. It felt like they just place random path ways each and every area. Almost like they recycled the dungeons and just changed the graphics for the next area. It was basically like you are just walking through a maze each time just guessing which path the take first. There were next to no puzzles in the game, which made the dungeons more tedious. That aside, I enjoyed the game enough to rate it 6 out of 10. What do you all think of it?
I think I'm moving this topic to Vidyagams where discussions about commercial video games belong.
author=Liberty
I think I'm moving this topic to Vidyagams where discussions about commercial video games belong.

Opps lol, my bad. Thank you.
BUMP!

Really, 210 people looked at this and not one person has ever played this game.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I've played it, it was pretty cool. A solid like.. average rpg. Nothing about was truly great but nothing about it really was bad either.
I haven't played the game, but I've read the book it was based on.

The book is honestly kind of weird because it feels like it was written to be a video game, rather than a book.
author=Desertopa
I haven't played the game, but I've read the book it was based on.

The book is honestly kind of weird because it feels like it was written to be a video game, rather than a book.

Interesting, I wasn't aware there was a book for it. It was a rather long RPG though, which isn't such a common thing like back in the SNES & PS1 era.
Looking at some gameplay videos and this game looks really bland and uninspired.
I've finished that game quite a long time ago (4 or 5 years ago) and I had so much fun with it, solid fun. It's battle system pretty much Breath of Fire like, which I really love it, simple and enjoyable. But Brave Story got no memorable characters except Yuno. Very linear and fun game for me 7/10.
author=sawworm
I've finished that game quite a long time ago (4 or 5 years ago) and I had so much fun with it, solid fun. It's battle system pretty much Breath of Fire like, which I really love it, simple and enjoyable. But Brave Story got no memorable characters except Yuno. Very linear and fun game for me 7/10.

That's fair. The story is good though.
I bought a copy about 5 years ago. My PSP isn't working at the moment though so I'm unable to finish it. I found it enjoyable, but my beef was that almost every single NPC just talked about the game's mechanics--no flavor text to expand the world or the setting, just tutorials and tips.

I must've played it for a good 15 hours, so it's not like I didn't leave the first town or anything. I have the same complaint about Star Ocean: First Departure.
author=nurvuss
I bought a copy about 5 years ago. My PSP isn't working at the moment though so I'm unable to finish it. I found it enjoyable, but my beef was that almost every single NPC just talked about the game's mechanics--no flavor text to expand the world or the setting, just tutorials and tips.

I must've played it for a good 15 hours, so it's not like I didn't leave the first town or anything. I have the same complaint about Star Ocean: First Departure.

I thought that to. It's almost like the game expects us to be dumb and not remember anything.
Pages: 1