I NEED HELP WITH A STATISTIC BASED SKILL IN RPG MAKER VX ACE

Pages: 1
Ok, so in the RM2K3 version of my game I had a skill called Magic Drop. That skill would cause a condition that would increase 5% of the characters MP over time, but would decrease 1% of the characters MP over time. I can't figure out how to do this is Ace and it's driving me crazy, please help.
Can you rephrase the expected behavior? It sounds like Magic Drop would increase somebody's MP regen by 5% and give the same person a magic degen of 1% for a net effect of 4%? This clearly isn't it so can you expand on what you want?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I feel like he meant for one of those things to be max MP and the other to be current MP. Probably. Maybe.

If you want a status effect that reduces or increases your max MP every round, and you hatesses the scripting, I'd just do it the same way you probably did it in RM2K3, which is to have a battle event that runs every turn, which checks to see which characters are affected by that status and applies a max-mp-modifying status to them accordingly.

It would be easiest if you're using a script that lets you set certain buffs/debuffs as able to be stacked with themselves. But it's not necessary, you can just check to see if they already have the -1% max mp debuff, and if so you remove it and apply the -2% max mp debuff, repeat up to 100. But that's a pain in the ass and then you have to do it for every character in the game, so seriously, try to find a stacking buff/debuff script, I know there is one.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Wait. So, increase the cost of spells by 5%, but MP de-generates by 1% per turn? The MP degen is simple enough (Th Ex-Parameter MRG. It stands for Magic ReGeneration rate. Set it to a negative number!). The other thing, assuming that's even what you're talking about, that... needs a script.
I'll re-phrase my post. The skill is called "Magic Drop" when used on a character, it will cause a condition (to the target) that will cause a 5% max MP gain per turn for 8 turns, but will lose 1% max HP per turn. In 2K3 this was simple, all the options were pre-coded into the condition database.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
To have a 5% gain to Max MP, set the condition's MMP to 105%. To have a 1% loss in health each round, set the condition's HRG to -1%. To make it last eight turns, auto-removal would be set to probably Turn End (Action End might be close enough) with a duration of 8 rounds minimum to 8 rounds maximum.

Does this sound appropriate?

*Edit: Wait, am I reading a 5% gain to Max MP each turn? Uh, no, setting the MMP isn't going to do that. Ah... hrm. Damn, I'll have to look into this later.
author=Marrend
To have a 5% gain to Max MP, set the condition's MMP to 105%. To have a 1% loss in health each round, set the condition's HRG to -1%. To make it last eight turns, auto-removal would be set to probably Turn End (Action End might be close enough) with a duration of 8 rounds minimum to 8 rounds maximum.

Does this sound appropriate?

*Edit: Wait, am I reading a 5% gain to Max MP each turn? Uh, no, setting the MMP isn't going to do that. Ah... hrm. Damn, I'll have to look into this later.

Yea... I am baffled how this was SO!!!!!! easy in 2K3, but in Ace it's a headache.
Just set the HP Regeneration to -1% and MP Regeneration to +5%. They're under the Param->Ex-Parameter in the Features. Hover the mouse over the combobox to see what the acronyms stand for. HRG is HP Regen and MRG is MP Regen iirc.
K, I'll do that. Thanks GreatRed Spirit.
Pages: 1