RMN PIXEL QUILT CALENDAR

Pages: first 12 next last
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
The curtain rises on yet another pixel quilt...

This is the RMN pixel quilt calendar 2014! Counting 192 squares, this monster of a quilt will run until the end of this year. The quilt is divided into 12 4x4 areas, each representing a month. On the first day of each month, that month's area is unlocked, adding 16 new squares to the quilt. This means that right now, only January and February are open.

The basic rules of pixel quilt apply, being:
  • You can choose any square that you want, as long as it is unlocked and not taken by another person.
  • Try to make the borders of your square match the borders of the squares surrounding them.
  • Put whatever you want in your square! Just keep it appropriate. The more references to rmn and actualities of the month you are working on, the better! If you live on the Southern hemisphere, feel free to make a Summer-themed quilt in the months it is Winter on the Northern hemisphere.
  • Only claim a square if you can finish it relatively quickly. If it takes too long, the square will be opened up again. You can always reclaim it later if that happens.
  • When claiming a square, hold off on quilting until all surrounding squares that were claimed before yours are finished.

Some additional rules:
  • Seeing we have 192 squares, it's inevitable that people will make multiple squares. Seeing that there are only 16 squares per month, however, there is a maximum of 1 square per person per month. Until we get some more participants, feel free to choose as many squares as you want!
  • When choosing a square with letters on the month's name in it, make sure that the black border around the name stays visible. The inside of the letter is completely up to you to fill in, though!
  • I want to make a .gif file of the production process when this quilt is finished. However, that will be hard, seeing as there are 192 squares. To make it easier on me, please check if someone has uploaded a square while you were working on yours and add their squares to your quilt if necessary. Please also name your file #numberofcompletedsquares.png, e.g. 007.png, or 143.png

Note- It's for fun, so feel free to try it out even if you don't think you are a good at pixel art!

Quilt:

I used psyche-locks because Phoenix Wright is amazing and anyone who claims otherwise will be held in contempt of court.

Claims:
January:
A1 - open
A2 - SnowOwl (DONE)
A3 - ErikHolland (DONE)
A4 - seiromem (DONE)

B1 - open
B2 - open
B3 - open
B4 - Sooz (DONE)

C1 - open
C2 - Jeroen_Sol (DONE)
C3 - open
C4 - open

D1 - open
D2 - open
D3 - open
D4 - open

February:
E1 - Gourd_Clae (DONE)
E2 - open
E3 - open
E4 - seiromem

F1 - seiromem (DONE)
F2 - Backwards_Cowboy
F3 - Sooz (DONE)
F4 - open

G1 - open
G2 - Backwards_Cowboy
G3 - open
G4 - open

H1 - open
H2 - open
H3 - open
H4 - Pizza (DONE)

March:
I1 - Pizza (DONE)
I2 - Sooz (DONE)
I3 - Mojogirl22 (DONE)
I4 - ErikHolland (DONE)

J1 - SnowOwl (DONE)
J2 - open
J3 - seiromem (DONE)
J4 - open

K1 - open
K2 - open
K3 - seiromem
K4 - open

L1 - open
L2 - open
L3 - open
L4 - open

April:
A5 - open
A6 - open
A7 - open
A8 - open

B5 - open
B6 - open
B7 - open
B8 - open

C5 - open
C6 - open
C7 - open
C8 - open

D5 - open
D6 - open
D7 - open
D8 - open

May:

E5 - open
E6 - open
E7 - open
E8 - open

F5 - open
F6 - open
F7 - open
F8 - open

G5 - open
G6 - open
G7 - open
G8 - open

H5 - open
H6 - open
H7 - open
H8 - open

June:

July:

August:

September:

October:

November:

December:

A big thank you to my little brother Bart_Sol for showing me where I derped in the quilt because he's so much better at pixel art than I am.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
This here is a post to subscribe me to the topic. Yay quilt!
H4 for great justice.
I'll be subscribing to this one since it'll be around a while. And I'll be participating when I get time!

Romance themed because February
Yus I also am subbin to diz.
Actually missed this until now because it was pinned up top, which is somewhat ironic.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Dibs on B4!

ETA: Done!

ETA2: AND NOW THAT I HAVE MORE FREE TIME, dibs on F3. :3

ETA3: Done that one! YAAAAAAY
I had a lot of fun with this one. I did A2.

I call the first square of March, because I'm happy to have 10 days (counting today) left at work.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Pizza
I call the first square of March, because I'm happy to have 10 days (counting today) left at work.

I'm assuming you mean I1 by that?

That said, March is open! Happy pixeling everyone!
We still have a big backlog of squares to be made, so don't hold back!
I'd do more but soon I may not have a wifi connection at camp! This may be my last before I get off on the 10th.

Everyone knows March is the month of uh... Clouds and... houses...?
Sooz
Workin on I2

ETA:

007 dot png :D
Excellent job, Sooz. Gives it a nice feeling of depth.

Gotta love those gameboy outlines.
I'll be taking E1, thank you~

And now I'm done~<3

Let's get some more participation up in here! It's really not so hard.
Sooz
Yeah, I think the massive overall image might make things intimidating, even though the monthly quilts are smaller than usual. :(

I wanna see more cute pixelly image!
I'll take I3 :3
I'll try to be finished soon :)

Jeroen_Sol
Let's try to reuse as many colours as possible! A .gif file can only have 256 different colours, and seeing we have 192 squares, we might reach that limit very fast.
Pages: first 12 next last