A GLOBAL WARMING VIDEO GAME

Pages: 1
Has anyone ever made a global warming video game?
I already found the answer to the first part of this question.
How do you think a global warming game should play?
Accumulate vast wealth by deindustralising modern society with radical environmentalism then purchasing factories and real estate at bankruptcy prices. It would be like StarCraft, except the destruction comes first, then you build SCVs.
A portion of the population will claim that the game is unplayable.
author=Link_2112
A portion of the population will claim that the game is unplayable.
lol is that because of Global Warming deniers? Yeah unfortunately some people think it's a political issue but it's not.
Everyone should want to protect the environment. We'll likely lose most of the world's coastal cities from flooding if we don't try to change things.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If it doesn't involve an army of fire elementals invading planet Earth and culminate in a final boss battle where you kill the Sun, you're doing it wrong.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Don't forget the Ice Queen and her elementals waiting to overrun the world and enslave humanity. (You know, for the theory that global warming is simply a precursor to ice age, one that I've done a great deal of study on and firmly believe.)
author=RedMask
Yeah unfortunately some people think it's a political issue

Because it is a political issue. Everytime someone cries "Global Warming!" on the big stage, it's immediately followed up with propositions for macroeconomic policies. Carbon credits, carbon taxes, emission limits, power plant shutdowns, etc.
You can call me a climate change denier if you want, but I do it because the only people still keeping the issue alive have nothing but regressive solutions that will take their own toll in human immiseration.
I'm a big advocate for Global Warming. It is imperative that we promote
clean alternative energy like Wind, Solar, Hydroelectric, and Geothermal
to eventually replace fossil fuels entirely. You will be suprised how
much energy the sun radiates every second.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
No one gives a shit, this is a thread about making a video game.
author=RedMask
Has anyone ever made a global warming video game?I already found the answer to the first part of this question.
How do you think a global warming game should play?

author=LockeZ
If it doesn't involve an army of fire elementals invading planet Earth and culminate in a final boss battle where you kill the Sun, you're doing it wrong.

Someone needs to go make this into a Global Warming SRPG. Build a massive army to fend off the forces of the Sun. The challenge would be creating stronger weapons without contributing more to global warming, which would intensify the enemy's power.

author=pianotm
Don't forget the Ice Queen and her elementals waiting to overrun the world and enslave humanity. (You know, for the theory that global warming is simply a precursor to ice age, one that I've done a great deal of study on and firmly believe.)

This would be the sequel, but I wouldn't know how the same mechanics would apply. Conserve heat/energy?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Didn't SimEarth already do this?
I think it could be a fun political game. You could do it from a number of angles. Maybe a strategic angle where you would try to implement policies on reluctant people or other governments (like some kind of UN simulator). And it would involve all that lovely buying and selling of pollution rights.

Or you could do a more personal political game where you are one character that navigates the backrooms of international environmental politicking.

Alternatively there's always the apocalyptic angle you can take. The one that is pretty common in them movies. The sudden raising of sea levels for whatever reasons (like in "Sands of Sarasvati") can make for a fairly exciting apocalyptic scenario.
author=LockeZ
No one gives a shit, this is a thread about making a video game.
Fine.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
author=LockeZ
author=pianotm

Go these routes, but also try and give it a ham-fisted political message like from Day after Tomorrow. About how its the HUMANS and their endless magic usage that is polluting the environment and if ONLY the wizard guild had listened to the elves who were just trying to save the planet!

Also be sure to include seven kingdoms at war with one another who refuse to acknowledge the encroaching environmental catastrophe because they're all too busy fighting over the vacant throne.
These are some fun ideas keep them coming,

I figure I might as well throw in an idea too.
Story wise I'd like to see something whimsical like "The Lorax" which as some of you know was a children's story about the plight of the environment.

Whatever the game play is it should be simple and fun something that can appeal to a wide audience. I'd personally like an RPG but not sure on specifics.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Whether true or untrue this is a video game about Global Warming (And the last time I checked it didn't matter how accurate a video game was.)

But a Captain Planet video game might fit this profile.
Pages: 1