[POLL] NINTENDO VS. NINTENDO? (WHICH SYSTEM RULES THEM ALL!)

Poll

Which Nintendo system is the best? - Results

Nintendo Entertainment System
11%
Super Nintendo
57%
Nintendo 64
15%
GameCube
0%
Wii
7%
Wii U
3%
Screw all of those: I play Gameboy!
3%

Pages: 1
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Which Nintendo system is the best in your opinion?

You may want to consider:
-System hardware
-Memory, graphic, sound capabilities
-Game library
-Controller

Does the original NES beat the Wii U hands down? These are the sorts of debates we can have here :)
Why it isn't there in the list the Nintendo DS or the 3DS?
Handhelds are a different kind of play, I'd say. So I imagine we're comparing home-consoles alone for that reason.

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
My choice (NES) was made solely on the grounds (perhaps a little biased) of how it holds up today (ironic given its 8-bit everything). The Wii's motion controls were always fidgety so you had the most fun with games that didn't rely on them. The N64, while revolutionary for its time, was Nintendo's first awkward steps into 3D and the controls make most of the best games of the console near unplayable nowadays (specifically Mario 64). I never grew up with the SNES, but I know it had plenty of good titles, most of which I've either never played or did check out but were never wowed by. That's not to say that I didn't have fun with stuff like Super Mario World or Super Mario All-Stars (but wait, that's just the old Mario games with updated graphics, my bad.)That was definitely when the bias set in and I had to side with the NES, although I'm sure both systems had as many good games as they did bad ones.

It really grasps what gaming is meant to be: simple, imaginative and inclusive; and in the world of gritty realism, it holds up today not by its technology but by its charm.
The Super Nintendo was everything the NES was, but more... super. That's why it gets my votes. Also because it has the greatest game library of any home console.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Super NES really does have the best library.
unity
You're magical to me.
I always loved the NES. But the Super NES wins, just barely. So many fantastic games.
Wii-U is indeed a great console with awesome graphics.
But I voted SNES.

SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I sort of expect the SNES to take this vote just based on its game library:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Super Metroid

The Secret of Mana

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III

Chrono Trigger

(Yep that's 4 Square titles... And when Nintendo stayed with cartridge for the 64 they made the jump to the PSone... And the rest is history.)
The nes saved the industry so you cant even compare it with that tablet joke, but I will still choose the snes.
Hey man I love my Wii U. It's the best console of the current gen. ("best" being defined as the one with the funnest games, which is what a game console is about).

Also, back then I was disappointed with the N64 due to the lack of RPGs, but looking back I realized that the N64 had some of the best and coolest games of the generation (Smash Bros, Mario 64, and GoldenEye!)

This.
But it was pretty bad in Europe ..

Still, Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time made my childworld a better place. Really.

Not sure whether it's my favorite console. I liked the Wii, actually, even if the best games really were the games not or just barely using the remote (I did like Twilight Princess' use, as well as Okamis). It has quite a few really good games .. but not many more than them.
I think I did have an nes sometime when I was a kid. It was borrowed from a neighbour, if I recall correctly.

Anyways, the only games I played there was smb. Though I loved that game, I vote to screw all consoles.

#gameboymasterrace XD
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
The Atari Jagwire is my favorite console...

Okay jokes aside, I never bought any, am PC master race, though when it comes to console, Playstation is my well of hope.
Pages: 1