[POLL] WHICH ANIME CHARACTER WOULD BE YOUR BEST FRIEND?

Poll

Who's your best friend (keep in mind these choices are some of my personal favorites.) - Results

Gohan
50%
Luffy
21%
Naruto
7%
Inuyasha
7%
Misaki
7%
Jet Black
7%
Ichigo
0%

Pages: first 12 next last
Pick from the following list, if any of these anime characters could be your best friend. Who would it be and why?
Ichigo I suppose you're referring to the Bleach character?
There are many anime characters named Misaki though. Which one are you talking about?

In any case I only really know Gohan.
author=Avee
Ichigo I suppose you're referring to the Bleach character?
There are many anime characters named Misaki though. Which one are you talking about?

In any case I only really know Gohan.

Sorry, Misaki from Angelic Layer.

Here's a better list

Gohan "Dragonball Z"
Luffy "One Piece"
Naruto "Naruto"
Inuyasha "Inuyasha"
Misaki "Angelic Layer"
Jet Black "Cowboy Bebop"
Ichigo "Bleach"
But... I want Allen Walker...

Well from this list, I pick Luffy. He's awesome.
I have heard of Gohan and Naruto. I went with Gohan.

E:
my mail-in ballot would be Astroboy.
author=kentona

E:
my mail-in ballot would be Astroboy.

Astroboy, lol. Why? I don't hate him, he just wouldn't be my first pick.
.. from this list? Noone really. Perhaps Luffy .. but .. eh.
author=TungerManU
I wouldn't mind Astro Boy either actually. I'd probably go with Doraemon because effit he has everything. I can't really pick anything from the list as I've watched neither of the shows. Apart from Naruto, which I didn't enjoy at all.

Ah come on, no love for Inuyasha! He may go demon crazy from time to time, but he's very loyal to his friends.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=kentona
Pretty much this. Never seen or heard of the others. Only anime I've watched are Black Lagoon, DBZ, Attack on Titan.
author=Tau
author=kentona
Pretty much this. Never seen or heard of the others. Only anime I've watched are Black Lagoon, DBZ, Attack on Titan.

I got to say I'm quite shocked that some of you guys never heard of more then half of these. Misaki, I can kinda understand. Angelic Layer from what I understand didn't do that well, I found it by accident.
I know pretty much all of them (except Misaki), but best friend potential? Ehh.. yeah. I do kinda like Inuyasha, but not sure whether I want that grumpy moody guy.

It'd be the best pick after some thought, though. Even if just for the ears!

But you should be glad people didn't! Those are all those big shounen titles "everyone" knows, but nobody really needs to. They are nice and all, but there is much more awesome stuff out there.
author=Kylaila
I know pretty much all of them (except Misaki), but best friend potential? Ehh.. yeah. I do kinda like Inuyasha, but not sure whether I want that grumpy moody guy.

It'd be the best pick after some thought, though. Even if just for the ears!

But you should be glad people didn't! Those are all those big shounen titles "everyone" knows, but nobody really needs to. They are nice and all, but there is much more awesome stuff out there.

I'm a relative new comer to anime. I'm 29, only been really into it for about 6 or 7 years. I've always known about it, but never really got hooked. Dragonball Z was the first show I saw that got me to truly follow anime.

A buddy of mine just introduced me to Attack On Titan. Haven't watched it yet, but the screen shots look SO awesome.
Yep, that's why everyone knows them after all. For me, Inuyasha and Naruto have been among the first ones that really got me hooked years ago. Yet in retrospect and upon closer inspectation, they certainly aren't the best ones out there. Just big, well-known titles. Not that this is such a bad thing.

There are some classics like Higurashi or Deathnote which are also well-known, but usually not the starter.
Well, attack on titen is your typically shounen, just looking a little bit grimmer : D Still not bad. Have fun!

With Naruto, I LOVE that show. I'm up to date, waiting a week for a 20 min episode and it's killing me. It has alot of fillers, but some of them are actually good.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
None of the above. Ein from Cowboy Bebop.
author=Corfaisus
None of the above. Ein from Cowboy Bebop.

I had a feeling a few people would do this. Since anime is so vast, my favorites may not be your guys/gals favorites. That's why I said if you had to pick from this list, then again if some people had not heard of most or all of these. That's like saying, go into a bar blind and ask a random person to be your friend (ok, maybe that example was a tad extreme.)
author=Deacon Batista
This guy:

Ash is more talented, he may be a little whiny brat lol, but more talented.
Pages: first 12 next last