RMNVERSE COLLECTIBLE CARD GAME!

Pages: first 123 next last
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
To give a VERY BRIEF overview of what 'RMNverse' is, click here...
The RMNverse is a far-future universe where literally anything goes. It's where we host the Battledomes, and other crap.
Those who know it, know what it is, those that don't, don't need to.
It's basically a whimsical universe where a RMN fictionally (unofficially, too!) resides.
There's aliens, tech, and best of all... Powers! (Alien DNA splicing that gives an ability a race wouldn't normally have.)

Points of interest:
Titan City: a human colony above Jupiter, sucking up and selling those awesome Jupiter gasses.
Space-7: a seedy space station where lots of unsavoury galactic mobsters frequent.
Horc: the planet of the domineering race the Horcs.
Patooie: the Horc's biggest city. Home to the Battledome.
Battledome: A sporting arena where Fight Fest, Ultimate Robot Battles and other events are held. Some species believe the Battledome to be a prime example of Horc bad taste for bloodshed, and have made a Revolution to liberate the gladiators.
Atargatis: a recently discovered primitive planet where merfolk live in harmony with the planet. A possible target for Horc invasion. It would make a pretty damn good resort.

For more details and previous RMN stuff, check out this out-of-date and unkept article!
http://rpgmaker.net/articles/589

Goal:
To create 'Gladiator' cards, Power cards, Augment cards, and Tech cards.
We can suffice to base this limitedly on Magic TGC, and Pokemon TCG. Where a player has a bunch of slots for Gladiator cards, which can be outfitted with a power, augmented somehow, or given equipment before being sent into the arena. The player must have 1 Gladiator in the arena to battle, or suffer a Strike. 3 strikes and game over.
There will be a Fire, Earth, Water, Air, Light, Dark and Technology elemental wheel. Each Gladiator will adhere to any of the above.

What you need to do:
Make a Gladiator card:
1. Name of Character
2. Elemental Type
3. Special Ability (if any)
4. Short quote from the character
HP and cost will be assigned later to various cards, to balance properly.
5(?). If you wish to submit an art, it should be 250x184 pixels. However, I do ask you refrain from simply posting art from some commercial game or actors. This is aliens and stuff! Have fun with it! Art skills are NOT mandatory!

What you may optionally do as well:
Make a support card:
***as with Gladiator cards, if you wish to include art for these, they need to be 150x150 pixels, same as the avatars.
Support comes in 3 ways:
-Augment (changes the element, power slot availability, special non-tech oriented boosts or stats. For example: Adrenaline Injection or Aura Shift or Battle Planning)
Needed: Augment Name, Augment explanation, Quote to go with it.

-Power (each Gladiator may have 1 only, unless augmenting is involved. These powers are special attack/support abilities based on super powers. I would only stipulate that Healing Factor might be OP unless Mama cards are involved or something else. These powers alter the Gladiator to some extent and can be anything you put your imagination to!)
Needed: Name, Power description, quote to go with it.

-Equipment... This is going to be add-on items. They're either going to hinder, enhance, or otherwise a Gladiator of your choosing. Certain cards may allow picking the opponent's Gladiators on the Bench. Some cards are 1 use and discard. Depends on what you need. This is items you can wear, use, attack or defend with. As oppose to Augments, which are more physiology and mental in nature.
Needed: Equipment Name, description, Quote to accompany card.

You can also post to discuss the card game mechanics, but let's face it... This is likely going to be a smorgasbord of card creation!
Users are not limited to a single card creation! However, most importantly, make a card for yourself first! I will be making some manner of Dudesoft card later. Haven't quite decided what I'll be.
Enough to read? OK, I'm done typing! Go forth and create your cards!
***the cards themselves are currently WIP, so don't post a mock up. Just stick to the rules thingies.***

The Deck
Gladiators

Augments

Equipment

Powers
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
1: Mess Mahk
2: Water
3: Dissolve: Passive: Can liquify her body, making her impervious to any attacks and abilities from Fire Gladiators.
4: "The choice is yours. Would you rather die by gunpike or vaporizer?"
5: To be added later, perhaps?

Atargatian, and wife of Mess Iass, who was a RUDE agent murdered while trying to stop the Battledome. She swore to avenge her husband by picking up where he left odd and destroying the Battledome from within by participating.
I thought something different when I thought RMN trading cards. More like hockey cards, where the front is mostly an image from the game with the stats on the back. Downloads, Page views, all that good stuff.

But this idea is cool, too. I just won't be making any for this because it's not based on Yu-Gi-Oh heh
Dudesoft
Wow, first card is a fantastic frickin' entree that even pays back to RMNverse history? Gaddamn! Awesome!

I may as well add this while I am here:

Gladiator Card
1. Ten-Legged Pig
2. Air
3. Rocket Jump: Attack ability; tap card while in use and TLP is able to dodge Earth-based moves, unless specified on attacker card. Must be used in junction with Attack-based Power or Tech.
4. "Resistance is a fool's game!"

Ten-Legged Pig, aka TLP, is the head of a shadow corporation named Evengeray. It is by his whim that the Battledome exists and thrives. With in uprise of RUDE, TLP has revealed himself in order to draw out their leader who is even more mysterious than the rocket-punching pig himself.

Power Card
1. Rocket Punch
2. User fires his/her Chi at opponent as a ranged attack, keeping enemy Gladiator(s) at bay until next round. 2-Round cool-down.
3. "Oink! Rocket Punch!" -Ten-Legged Pig

Augment Card
1. Serum X
2. Allows for an additional Power card to be played onto a single Gladiator. This card is discarded directly after use. Can be used in or out of combat.
3. "There's no stopping me now!" -Zurgg

Pictures another time. I'm out for a while.
Dudesoft
author=Link_2112
I thought something different when I thought RMN trading cards. More like hockey cards, where the front is mostly an image from the game with the stats on the back. Downloads, Page views, all that good stuff.

But this idea is cool, too. I just won't be making any for this because it's not based on Yu-Gi-Oh heh
That's okay. I'll make one for you against your wishes and/or will! ;)
And the cards should do stupid math amounts of damage. That shit cracks me up.
"ZOMG HE HAS 1,000,000,000 HIT POINTS!" -nosebleed-
Are we supposed to base the gladiators on the users? I thought that was the idea behind this when it came up yesterday.

Just want to get the all clear before I do myself is all.

EDIT: Wow I should fucking read the thread next time

Gladiator Card
1. Pizza
2. Fire
3. Oven Fresh: Passive: Pizza's body is boiling hot, damaging any gladiator that strikes with melee attacks for a fraction of the damage they dealt to him.
4. "I'm gonna smoke all your asses at game design, TRUITH BE TOLD." (The typo is important)

Pizza frequently hangs around Space-7 and the Battledome, and makes trips to Atargatis often because that's where all the space babes are. He is a mid-ranking member of the Don Ego Family, one of the many mafia groups making their base in Space-7.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Gladiator Card
1. Owl Man of Surly Landing
2. AIR
3. Gruff Gale: Create a massive storm of crude phrases and rude comments damaging and agitating enemies.
4. "I'd probably win if I did things."
5. Later

Yeah I know nothing of the RMNverse. Might as well make shit up! Surly Landing is a place for bird species I'd think, if it's okay to just go "Hey, this exists now!"
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Gladiator
Name: Corfaisus
Element: Dark
Ability: Moral Sacrifice: Until the player's next turn, Corfaisus loses 1/4ths current Health (rounded up) but takes half damage.
Quote: "It is by this that I have yet to find rest, that I fear their wrath, and that I am still under their contract."

Support-Augment
Name: Chaos' Reach
Effect: {Land Card} All Dark monsters on your side of the field inflict and take double damage for as long as this card is in effect. This card can be sent to the graveyard at the beginning of your turn by sacrificing the top card of your deck.
Quote: "I will seize dominion of Zilmurik as the god to reign over it, and this puppet you have sent to me I will return to you a corpse with a blood-stained message carved into its flesh!"
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Oh. I was hoping that we were going to play Developer cards, and then attack Script, Resources, and Systems cards to our games in a bit to earn the most Makerscore.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Gladiator
Name: Perdurabo
Element: Holy
Ability: Sacred Chant: Opponent loses a turn.
Quote: "We are all tools of the Gods and Goddesses and we obey their will, whether we want to or not."

Support-Augment
Name: Divine Intervention
Effect: All attacking and blocking creatures opponent controls do not inflict or receive combat damage this turn.
Quote: "Rant all you like, General. Your army is as impotent on the field as you are in the bed-chamber."
Dudesoft
author=seiromem
Yeah I know nothing of the RMNverse. Might as well make shit up! Surly Landing is a place for bird species I'd think, if it's okay to just go "Hey, this exists now!"

This is exactly how things should be! It's a big ass universe, after all!
Looks interesting! I think I'm going to do this too!

Gladiator Card
Name: Harlon, the Cyborg Birdman
Element: Technology
Special Ability:
-Killer Mode Tic: A malfunction in his electronic implants make Harlon have an agressive tic each 2 turns that causes double damage to the enemy, but also normal damage to himself.
Quote: "I USED TO BE A SIMPLE BIRD. NOW I'M YOUR DEATH..."

Harlon was a simple bird who lived in Surly Landing, until he decided to replace his animal parts with robot parts in order to become a powerful warrior. This operation left him being more of a robot, and almost nothing of a bird.

Oh! By the way, for the image of my card, remember that is a cyborg bird(a bird like the one in my avatar), made most of robot parts and almost nothing of bird parts.
Gladiator Card
Name: Reflector Spectre
Element: Dark
Ability: Reflection: The first attack directed at Reflector Spectre's team can be redirected onto any gladiator it chooses, halving the damage in the process.

Reflector Spectres are one of the many native forms of wildlife on the planet of illusions, Falsetto. They scare their enemies by reflecting distorted funhouse images back at them.
Gladiator Card
1. Name: Orochii the Swordman of Mist
2. Elemental Type: Air
3. Special Ability
Mist Sword: Can attack a gladiator outside of the arena for minimal damage (actual damage is left for you to decide).
4. Short quote from the character:
"Make it quick. I hate waiting."
5(?). Art:

Augment Card
Name: Quick learning
Explanation: Changes this gladiator element to the original element of a opponent Gladiator card.
Quote: "Learn from the way you act, not the way you look."

Augment Card
Name: Lycomorph
Explanation: Changes Special Ability to "Swiftness: completely evades one attack per turn. If done so, it can't attack. Can't activate this ability if it has already attacked that turn.".
(Shape-shifts into a wolf).
Quote: "Barks."
I'd hate to actually try to play with a set of these.
I know you would really like to play with me 1313.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I don't really want to make a gladiator card, just a tech card. Because the RMNverse adventure game set in the academy had the best piece of tech ever conceived. So that's what you're gonna get.

Tech Card
Name: Rocket Shades
Effect: Support ability. Speeds up the gladiator while equipped, giving them a 50% chance to attack before the enemy any time they normally wouldn't.
Quote: "Looks like this woman... *puts on shades* just got defre---WOOOAAAAAAAGHHhhhhhhh......."
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I'd still like to see a developer version.

"The A is for Anderson!"

"The Z is for Znderson!"

"The TM is NOT a tradmark!"
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=pianotm
I'd still like to see a developer version.

"The A is for Anderson!"

"The Z is for Znderson!"

"The TM is NOT a tradmark!"

The TM is NOT a tredmill!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
OK, I changed my mind.

Gladiator Card
Name: Kickit 2.0
Elemental Type: Lightning
Special Ability: Beatbox - While Kickit 2.0 is in play, she creates a rhythm, syncronizing the attacks of her allies. All ability, power, and tech cooldowns are one turn shorter.
Quote: "They told Kickit to punch out, her groove was an error / They rebuilt that robot, that lyrical terror / An upgrade to take out the hip, hop and flow / The result? Double rhymes, cause here's Kickit two-oh!

Pages: first 123 next last