SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Sorry about having to scroll the image, the map turned out too big in general and I don't want to cut it. Still, a pain. This is the second and only perhaps marginally improved version of my last map. Note the addition of Winged Victory statues, very pretty but taking up six tiles if you can believe that. Still a few finishing touches to put on the map, like that door in the corner. This map was done in Ace, using a pretty fat bunch of tiles done in this style. Anyone who wants to use them let me know.

Like before, I should mention that I 'borrowed' some of the mountain tiles and castle tiles from Commissar_Thule. Even with the edits I've done myself, this map would not look nearly as good if not for his tile-fu.

Ashley_Lacure, good use of the old RTP. Worked for Hero's Quest, works for you. What font is that you're using?
@Nemo, this looks beautiful. I really like the colour scheme, and the whole layout of the map.
Nemo, that screen is proof that 8-bit will never really die. Fantastic job.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Nemo please make a gamepage so I can subscribe to it. Thanks, -Craze

...as for Super Battle Kiddo Experience 10k!, let's visit Norisle Castle and the steaming hot beach town of Sandscream!

(...this is not the default window color.)
Thank you Suzy, Yuna21, Liberty, and Craze. Always nice to hear good feedback when I'm trying to get myself motivated. I probably will be putting up a game page at some point, but only when I'm certain I actually will be finishing the game I start. The biggest hurdle there is figuring out a way to imitate the FF3 battle system with Victor's Scripts. Making progress there, slow, horrible, unpleasant progress.

Catch you all in 2015!
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=nemojbatkastle
Thank you Suzy, Yuna21, Liberty, and Craze. Always nice to hear good feedback when I'm trying to get myself motivated. I probably will be putting up a game page at some point, but only when I'm certain I actually will be finishing the game I start. The biggest hurdle there is figuring out a way to imitate the FF3 battle system with Victor's Scripts. Making progress there, slow, horrible, unpleasant progress.

Catch you all in 2015!
Ahahaha oh god you poor thing.

I tried using victor's scripts but god...

Just no, they are designed to be infuriating I swear.

I figured you'd all appreciate how I test my message boxes. Any feedback would be nice too~ The girlie in the background is what I'm expecting most of the sprites to be in the style of by the end of development.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
nemoj that looks great love the style

Gourd-Clae what the fuck I don't even

(Do you mean 'the girlie in the FOREGROUND' is what you're expecting most of your sprites to be in the style of?)
The girlie is that giant sprite in the centre of the screen, I think.
@Max I'm pretty sure it's considered the background? Suzy's right in saying the girlie is the sprite in the center - not on the right.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I wonder whatever happened to this game?

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
[quote author=Tau]I wonder whatever happened to this game? [youtube]http://youtu.be/hqdtVk-fN04[/youtube][/quote]It became an invalid youtube url apparently! @Gourd_Clae: Hard to say how it'll look, but if you plan to make the whole game look like that it could be interesting.
o7
Sorry but fixed it. For youtube links to work on RMN, you need to use link in the form of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqdtVk-fN04
@Gourd_Clae: The girlie looks just fine (to me, anyway, but I'm no art critic)... BUT... She's obviously a different resolution from everything else and that gets my undies in a bunch! Hardcore. I'm losing circulation in my legs. D: Hopefully these are all just placeholder graphics? I'm going to assume that's the case, because I looked at your other project and it has an exceptional art style.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=Gourd_Clae
@Max I'm pretty sure it's considered the background? Suzy's right in saying the girlie is the sprite in the center - not on the right.

It's a confusing statement because green helmet man is in the foreground, the green haired red eyed dude is in the actual background, and yeah the sprite you're referring to is kind of in the MIDDLE. I'm not quibbling semantics here so much as I was just actually confused lol.
author=Tau
I wonder whatever happened to this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqdtVk-fN04

Wow, yeah this is pretty gorgeous lol. Who came up with that project?
author=AlphaOmega247
@Gourd_Clae: The girlie looks just fine (to me, anyway, but I'm no art critic)... BUT... She's obviously a different resolution from everything else and that gets my undies in a bunch! Hardcore. I'm losing circulation in my legs. D: Hopefully these are all just placeholder graphics? I'm going to assume that's the case, because I looked at your other project and it has an exceptional art style.

The map itself is placeholder but it's the same layout I'm going for. I'm glad to hear my other game looks nice though~
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@LouisCyphre looks nice. I'm guessing this isn't for essence enforcer. Will the number of actors in battle be reduced to 2 still?
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
No; Craze is making me make a game that has maps real quick (;n;) in preparation for something else.

The party can get bigger than 2.