I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Christamoose
Candy rules, veggies drool!
You know what, I don't really like spacious maps, but this.... that chipset >_<
author=InfectionFiles
Thst definitely looks better, Extreme.
Yeah I think thst looks better too :P
author=SnowOwl
Better, but you should somehow make the main character stand out.
author=Infinite
I think the character should somehow pop-out more.
I did not make the character art and tiles, I just did a bunch of small edits(like changing the hue)and adding a window, and it's supposed to be dark too because, you know, it's the bottom of a well. Like how exactly do you want me to make it stand out? Like make the screen a little brighter or?
author=Infinite
More of my new project...
Damn gurl are those amazing tilesets are are you just happy to see me? It looks a little too spacious for my preference, but I still really like it. Btw u gunna finish Lasting Dreams, right?
@Kaempfer: Yeah, that looks a lot better. The side edges won't suffer from the same problem as long as you can see them connecting to the top or bottom pieces, I think, since that will enforce the depth on them.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=BizarreMonkey
I could go into boss statistics but nah, I'll just let you watch in horror.

Also this is only the first phase.

See those FOUR HEALTH BARS???

Yeah son...

The text does go by fast, that's intentional, showing off the boss mechanics not the dialogue, here. You can always pause it if you're interested in reading it.

It took me 15 takes to get a recording this good. You can read the video description over at youtube for statistics and other stuff.

It is relatively difficult, it should be, she's the most powerful character in the game, and this 3rd fight with her is the final one.

Wow, impressive. Is she the last boss? How long does it take to win, generally?
Frogge
author=BizarreMonkey
I could go into boss statistics but nah, I'll just let you watch in horror.

Also this is only the first phase.

See those FOUR HEALTH BARS???

Yeah son...

The text does go by fast, that's intentional, showing off the boss mechanics not the dialogue, here. You can always pause it if you're interested in reading it.

It took me 15 takes to get a recording this good. You can read the video description over at youtube for statistics and other stuff.

It is relatively difficult, it should be, she's the most powerful character in the game, and this 3rd fight with her is the final one.
You wanna know what's difficult? Having to fight Misery, the doctor, the doctor's final form without being able to save in cave story, and than having to fight the undead core, sue and misery all at the same time again without healing or saving. Cave story really likes to see you die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAcyCJttTVo
@ED
Change the saturation and/or color of the main character from the same red as everything else.
Frogge
author=SnowOwl
@ED
Change the saturation and/or color of the main character from the same red as everything else.

But he's supposed to be red too? I'll only be using shades of red in the game :|
Then make his shirt a brighter white, so it pops off of everything.
Frogge
author=Pizza
Then make his shirt a brighter white, so it pops off of everything.

Sure I'll make it darker!

The first actual screenshot! Oh boy.

I'm having a lot of fun making the character faces for this. I think I'm gonna do them for everyone in the game, considering there's not a whole lot of unique characters or NPCs you can speak to.
unity
You're magical to me.
Wow, love the whale (and the bird, and the boat, too, for that matter). The whale reminds me of Grandpa from Breath of Fire 2 XD
@Pizza: I saw that whale on twitter; it's charming as FUCK.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=unity
Wow, impressive. Is she the last boss? How long does it take to win, generally?
That phase takes about 3 mins on a good run, though don't quote me on that, I haven't timed it yet. And the next phases aren't done yet... I'm averaging it would take about 10 to 12 minutes, but currently I just have no idea.

Each hit does a 10th of her health, and you don't often get risk-free chances to hit her, but the intensity of the fight, avoiding all the projectiles and such will make it intense enough to not be boring, or at least, that's the aim!

There'll be midboss checkpoints, also. (Autosave system is great for this sorta thing.)

And no, she's the third final, though the intent is to make her one of the most challenging and memorable.

More in spoilers because this is plot spoilers heaven.
The Boss after her is Pep's best friend, whom defects from his side for pretty legit reasons, and then the final boss is a mind phantom whom repesents Pep's Id, that's where tracks like The Horror Within and Oblivion of Mindself will be used.

author=Sated

4 health bars? That's cute...
She's not an optional boss. Also the pacing will make the fight similar length, though she will probably be a little easier than that guy.

What really makes her difficult is the lack of shadowdashing / sprinting you can do. You really have to be on the ball.

From here on it's likely I'll limit my showcases to videos of this sort, since they seem to generally be received well and they take up the space of one image.

@Pizza: I love this style! That bird's face is really aesthetic and charming. You should definitely do more!

@Extreme: I love your red madness game, personally I'm a fan of not having oodles of clutter, this reminds me of several old dOS games I played on my Father's MsDOS computer. Camelot particularly comes to mind.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
A new challenger appears.

Because no one's using this style right now :\

Still unsure on how to detail the Saloon's roof and still working on the big sign.
It's definitely a good start, ESBY. Perhaps there could be some barrels/crates up on the roof. Maybe a ladder that leads up there as well, heck, even a couple of cowboys could hangout over a table, playing some card game.

I'm not sure how western this is, but maybe you could hang up a bullseye somewhere.

I suppose this is merely a graphical WIP so far. If not, I think the map in itself would reach its true and final form if you added more nature to it (maybe some dirt paths, dead trees, bushes, rocks etc.).

Sorry if I'm a bit unclear to you. My English is far from perfect, lol.
New WIP area, the Water Garden.

w
o
w

p
i
z
z
a

i'm legit wowwed by the swag and stuffs and omg that no windowskin style is so gorj omg <3 <3 <3

also gorgeous as always @erave though I'm definitely unsure about those vertical stairs

Also my screeeen (I like GreeeeN)
author=Erave
New WIP area, the Water Garden.

Wow, that looks awesome! The only thing that looks like it could use some more work are the north/south stairs that lead into the water pits. They don't blend well with the surrounding tiles and seem like they are "pasted" on to the map. I think they would look better if the bottom of the stairs were partially submerged in the water and the top had a little bit of stone space before the first step.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
author=ExtremeDevelopment
You wanna know what's difficult? Having to fight Misery, the doctor, the doctor's final form without being able to save in cave story, and than having to fight the undead core, sue and misery all at the same time again without healing or saving. Cave story really likes to see you die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAcyCJttTVo

^^ This ^^ (A save point right after the sanctuary too would have been nice but)
@Pizza Looking great as always, the borderless window looks really good!
@Erave I agree with joseph on the vertical stairs, the shadow is on one and not the other too?

@Joseph looking great!