MCBACON JAM

CASH-KUN WILL BE MY GAM MAK SENPAI FOR THIS EVENT (come on why am I the only one continuing with this whole dating site thing you guys are boring)

YEY that's gon B OSOM!
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
I forget are we doing the randomizing thing or do we basically team up with someone or are the teams going to be decided by an outside party?
^I wish we were going by the random thing but seemingly guys want to make up teams and whatnot. Well, anyway. I dunno, I'm all up for randomness! Especially since me and Cash have been already intending to make a game and whatnot, so us teaming up is, while cool, maybe defeating the purpose? (read: we could have separate jam teams and still work on our game-to-be :3c)
author=kentona
Sleeping wind: oddly enough I have several After the End plots scratched out in text files.

I have so many game ideas that I could probably make an event where teams could choose or get assigned one and tackle it.

I also have many ideas that I shoehorned into RPGs because I am not technically proficient enough to make say a hack n slash or platformer.

Does it involve robots? Hahaha
But yes, i share that sentiment, i shoehorned most ideas into rpg too.
To be honest, rpg ain't bad if pulled well but that's just me maybe.

@Ocean
author=Aethers
Name:Aethers
Preferred Partner in Crime:
+ OCEAN. PARADISE BLUE II : DEUX

3 pages back, very bottom of page (either everyone waited for someone like me to post in such obscure position or i am just good at this)

Paradise Blue II : Deux. Where.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Decided to change the possible team sizes to between 2-4, and as it now stands, I will be a part of this unless we somehow manage to get nothing but team sizes of 4 with no one left behind.

Also, a long overdue update on ME, not that itll help that much. XD

Name: Zeigfried McBacon
Main skill: I would have to say assembly work mainly (mapping, eventing, database, that sort of thing).
Other skills: I can improvise on some things, and I plan to expand into coding and dabbling in music a bit eventually. ( I do have programs for making music, not that it says much).
Engines/Languages/framework preference: VX Ace, click team fusion ( I don't mind messing with game maker or construct2 either, just keep in mind I need to brush up on those some more). Anything else is fine, just keep in mind I wont be as proficient with those.
Prefer to work on: My taste in things can vary, but as long as the people I'm working with are interesting enough, it doesn't matter.
Prefer NOT to work on: Something that I'm certain will fall apart in the worst possible way.
comment: On a serious note, I have ample free time, even despite running this jam. On a less serious note, I like bacon and root beer.
welp guess i gotta sit this one out due to it coinciding with my trip abroad. hope to take part next time!
unity
You're magical to me.
author=slashphoenix
Unity, that sounds like a blast to me, if you want to do something like that :) The game ideas in your thread sound like fun, and I'd totally love to do art for a game like that, if I can.

I am so honored! ^_^ I really love what you do with your art, but I said that already XD

author=TungerManU
I'd be more than willing to snap Gourd up, but it seems like he's got a perfect spot in the Uni-Slash team, which I assume is pretty much confirmed. Hm.

We haven't heard from Gourdy yet, so it's still not set in stone :P

author=karins_soulkeeper
Err... it would be awkward if I asked someone out (lol), because I seem to be the noob-est one here.

I think you should ask them! :D I know you're new, but you've shown a lot of promise so far, in my opinion at least ^_^

All in all, I have this overwhelmed feeling because I want to work with so many people. But just remember, this is just going to be the first jam out of what seems to be a series, so we'll get plenty more chances!
@Karins_Soulkeeper, I agree with Unity; you have a great attitude to gam mak and you shouldn't be afraid to ask anybody.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Man, real life is annoying, isn't it? I wanted to participate in this, but I've got a lot on my plate now. I mean, I have some free time, but I know I'd just be holding back anyone who teamed up with me.

author=unity
But just remember, this is just going to be the first jam out of what seems to be a series, so we'll get plenty more chances!

I really hope so. I might be able to do one at a later date (Next month at the earliest.)

Anyway, good luck everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from this!
Just slot me in with whoever needs an extra hand. I'm not fussed. ;p
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=Liberty
Just slot me in with whoever needs an extra hand. I'm not fussed. ;p

I'll make this super official: Liberty and Myself will be in reserve to help fill the teams up some.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Wow, so this thing is not until January 22nd and people be finalizing teams already? Damn.

I am probably going to not be a part of this jam because I am probably not going to wind up partnered with anybody (due to an uneven mix of my own high standards and/or crippling shyness, naturally). I'm going to try really hard not to let this remind me of every 'form your own teams' grade school project ever.

Edit: Let me throw in another thought here. Ziegfried has said we are not to begin until 1/21...but in my experience, once a team gets together and starts discussing how to implement an idea, that is, for all intents and purposes, beginning. Even if they don't start cutting it up in the editor, it's still a head start. This isn't a big DEAL because as stated it's not a COMPETITION but it still occurs to me to be...worth mentioning? idk.
I am confused at how this is working right now myself. I thought it's randomized :o
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Yeah, I'm a bit confused myself. I didn't think that Ziegfried was leaning heavily towards complete randomization but I did think we were still at least considering a random element somewhere.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Max McGee
Let me throw in another thought here. Ziegfried has said we are not to begin until 1/21...but in my experience, once a team gets together and starts discussing how to implement an idea, that is, for all intents and purposes, beginning. Even if they don't start cutting it up in the editor, it's still a head start. This isn't a big DEAL because as stated it's not a COMPETITION but it still occurs to me to be...worth mentioning? idk.

I had this thought as well. But considering this event will have a theme we need to stick to, there's not that much planning ahead that's possible. Most of it would be discussing who is going to focus on what task. You have a point, but I see it as a positive rather than a negative aspect to be able to get some of the planning done early.

author=Red_Nova
I might be able to do one at a later date (Next month at the earliest.)

Can I already claim you as a team member for next time in advance?

author=slashphoenix
(neversilent, I'm totally down to work on something sometime! Either this jam or maybe next time around?)

Thanks, that's really nice of you! It seems you're on a team already this time, but who knows...
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Well, it's the first time around... maybe next jam we'll try randomization? Either works, as long as the teams have a good mix of artists, designers, etc.

I'm glad we're gonna know our teams a little ahead of schedule, anyway, so we prep for communication and stuff. If this was some super-well-organized, cutthroat competition with prizes or true glory attached, I'd be worried about the scheduling at all, but the feeling I'm getting is that this a very laid-back event, for a change of pace.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Ill make this clear once and for all:
Randomization wont be happening THIS time around, since there wasn't a high demand for it. I'll keep it in mind though for a future event.

The reason the event is a good ways away from the present date is due to the misaos and the fact that starting out, this is going to have some bumps that need to be worked out. Later on, when things have been smoothed out considerably , it'll likely be one week notices, if that.

If you wanna drop out, send me a message if you left a lil profile and Ill remove it so no one bothers you. If you're worried about not finding a team to join, just put yourself out there, or consider going into a reserve status like liberty and myself.

One more thing: For anybody worried that the team I may be a part of would have some sort of "advantage", just keep in mind I have no idea who I'm working with up until the last minute pretty much. A "handicap" that I hope "balances" things.
author=Max McGee
Wow, so this thing is not until January 22nd and people be finalizing teams already? Damn.

Hype train wait for no oneee

I am probably going to not be a part of this jam because I am probably not going to wind up partnered with anybody (due to an uneven mix of my own high standards and/or crippling shyness, naturally). I'm going to try really hard not to let this remind me of every 'form your own teams' grade school project ever.

imo the best part is that the newcomers/fresh-meat have a chance to make a name for themselves, and that's cool.

Edit: Let me throw in another thought here. Ziegfried has said we are not to begin until 1/21...but in my experience, once a team gets together and starts discussing how to implement an idea, that is, for all intents and purposes, beginning. Even if they don't start cutting it up in the editor, it's still a head start. This isn't a big DEAL because as stated it's not a COMPETITION but it still occurs to me to be...worth mentioning? idk.

Yeah, it isn't a competition (I think so too?) and the head start ? I am cool with that. Really, because hopefully more planning/prepwork means more finished projects/collabs from this event.

Can't say no to that.
Oh, I see. Well then, I'm dropping out.