SUGGESTION: THE ABILITY TO FOLLOW CERTAIN USERS

Pages: 1
if I ever got off my fat ass (or would it be sit my fat ass down?) and worked on the RMN codebase, this would be one of the features I'd implement, given that this is about the 4th time in recent memory that it's been requested.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
As long as the users can block being stalked too...:)
^
Seconded. Or allowed a no-follow feature. I find it a bit creepy to be followed like that - especially since people can easily check latest posts just by looking at peoples' profiles already. It's kinda redundant.
unity
You're magical to me.
If it's just following when a dev releases a new game, I'm not sure how that's all that creepy. Though, I'm in the mindset of "the more people who check out the games I make, the better" and I've been lucky enough to have awesome players and no creepy stalkers, so I guess it's wise to be a little cautious.

EDIT: I think a cool alternative would be to have some sort of developer blog, as I often find myself wanting to talk about possible future game ideas and get feedback on them. Users could subscribe to a developers' blog, the developer could go "Hey, followers, I just put up a new gamepage," and everyone would be happy. XD
That dev blog thing I can get behind. I was actually thinking about it and maybe something on our profile page where we have some sort of personal blog that doesn't show up on the other areas of the site but can be followed?

So you can choose from drop down of name on forums and such to follow a person but it would be their blog that you'd get notifications for.

I think games would be fine as long as it doesn't show games that are set to private. I was thinking more posts and the like which is a little creepy.

"Oh, x person posted on x topic while I was asleep? Must check every post they made while I was gone... :creepy heavy nerd breathing:"
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The general dev-blog thing is a pretty neat idea. Though, I guess we can still make statuses to announce new game pages, or what-have-you, and attempt to drum up attention that way.
Pages: 1