HELLO

Pages: 1
Hi guys, my name is Scott and I am just starting out in the insaine world of game development. I am a sucker for old sprite based games (when i was a kid my favorite was anything with TMNT in it and Zombie Ate my Neighbors.) I wanted to become a game developer since I was a kid but I was told by my family that I didn't thing logicly enough. Which is good because i went straight into college and started to work on game development I would have ended up in some large developer making Call of Duty: Advance Ghost Ops, or something. Now I can make the games I want and if worst comes to worst, I always have customer service to fall back on.

Oh, side note, I am trying to stop doing it but i have a tendency to be synical about Large Game Developers. I know that if it wasn't for the big guys, many of us wouldnt be playing games today. It's just hard because the games I grew up with seems to have been beaten to death for money. It sucks, but hey, thats part of why we are doing what we do now.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Welcome!

Your stance on AAA developers is interesting, as a lot of high-profile people from those companies are leaving to start their own little indie ones, so I don't think you're alone.

be very welcome to our warm and welcoming community *throws ninja cookies*

and yeah I can see what you're saying about big name companies I mean look at The Third Birthday ;_; (that's still giving me nightmares)
I played the TMNT game the other week on the NES, and I was still able to beat the Dam level. I took damage, though, but didn't loose a turtle.

Welcome to RMN! Get extra energy with pizza!
author=kentona
Welcome to RMN! Get extra energy with pizza!

Keep your greasy hands off of me

Welcome to the community!
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I would hope you didn't loose a turtle, kentona, that would be horrifying.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Welcome to RMN :)
Hey i never loose a turtle as long as i play as Donny. Hit him when he jumps! And thanks for the great welcome.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
sup lil cuz
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Welcome aboard, Scott!
I hope you make some great games :D
Absolutely, unfortionatly I have to switch engines though. I'm using game maker now. Right now I'm working on a rpg engine that uses nothing but magic with no physical attacks. It's going to also incorparate some things from the old Resident Evil games as well. My only hope is that I'm not being to ambitious.
Pages: 1