[RGSS] [RMVX ACE] SIDE VIEW BATTLES

Pages: 1
Hey guys, haven't been very active on here since I've signed up.

But, I have a question. I wasn't sure where to post this exactly, so I hope this is the correct place.

How would one go about getting a side view battle script that would look like and possibly play like the the battle system in Darkest Dungeon? I drew a quick mock-up of the general look of it and included it for you to view.

It's very basic and ugly, but should communicate what I want. I obviously rushed it toward the end, as well. But that's not what this is about.

Any help would be appreciated. My scripting knowledge is basically non-existent, but I can learn if need-be.

I'm hoping to have a 'morale' system which effects their speed (which then effects their turn rotation), and general performance in battle, if at all possible.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Here.

Battle Engine Symphony is what you're looking for.
Awesome, thanks. I appreciate it!
With this engine, I would be capable of creating my own battler custom animations, right? Like idle, attack animations and such for the PC's and enemies?

Sorry for the newbie questions.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Berzerk1422
Awesome, thanks. I appreciate it!
With this engine, I would be capable of creating my own battler custom animations, right? Like idle, attack animations and such for the PC's and enemies?

Sorry for the newbie questions.

You have to create your own animations. VX Ace doesn't come with animations for battlers, and scripts can't animate unless the artwork's been done. You can find animation resources and some resource packs come with animated battlers.
Pages: 1