[RMVX ACE][URGENT] RPG ENEMY HEALS SELF INSTEAD OF ITS DYING ALLIES

Pages: 1
Heal works as it supposed to when used by player. But the enemy only heals himself regardless of its hp while its allies are the ones who actually needs it.

Urgent tag because level play test has to be halted till fixed.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
What script are you using to manage the enemy targeting and other related aspects of AI?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

In your skill what is your "scope?"

It should be set to one ally, though it can choose which ally to use
this on unless you do other tinkering around with it.

Perhaps could be done with parallel processes, variables, and control switches, but nto sure if it can be done through eventing or not.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
The regular battle engine won't. If you just set heal as an ability, the monster will only target itself. You have to use the event window for enemy encounters. The easiest way to do it is to simply use the event trigger to read when certain enemies have lost a certain amount of hp and then automatically heal them. If you like, you can have the battle display text giving credit to another monster. Then I might tie it to a switch and set it to turn the event off if the healing monster is defeated in battle.
author=LockeZ
What script are you using to manage the enemy targeting and other related aspects of AI?
Default. Should I try a custom script? If so please suggest the simplest one out there.

author=kory_toombs
In your skill what is your "scope?"

It should be set to one ally, though it can choose which ally to use
this on unless you do other tinkering around with it.

Perhaps could be done with parallel processes, variables, and control switches, but nto sure if it can be done through eventing or not.
It is set to one ally.

author=pianotm
The regular battle engine won't. If you just set heal as an ability, the monster will only target itself. You have to use the event window for enemy encounters. The easiest way to do it is to simply use the event trigger to read when certain enemies have lost a certain amount of hp and then automatically heal them. If you like, you can have the battle display text giving credit to another monster. Then I might tie it to a switch and set it to turn the event off if the healing monster is defeated in battle.
Can't the event trigger be used to make one enemy used its skill on another? If i do what you say then the 'healer' would APPARENTLY act twice per turn.

Oh god! I believe the battle engine is too limited to be part of a software called 'rpgmaker' :p
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
That's not how it works. I have a battle of my own that I have done something similar with. You can only trigger an effect for one enemy at a time. If a player managed to get them down simultaneously, then yes, both would be healed in the same round.

In my case, they respawn upon dying, so you can't get rid of them until you've beaten the main monster.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah, there's never been a way in RPG Maker to control what target an enemy uses its skills on without either scripting or roundabout eventing shenanigans. The default enemy AI is terrible. There are plenty of AI scripts out there though which give you more control. Something to control enemy targeting and something to add cooldowns and warmups to skills are my bare minimum requirements.

If you are uncomfortable with scripting and would rather do it through eventing, here's how:

1) Make two skills, a healing spell and a skill that does nothing except call a common event.
2) Give the enemy the skill that calls the common event.
3) In the common event, you can use conditional branches to check each enemy's HP and decide which enemy you want the healing spell to be used on. Then use the "Force Action" event command to force the caster to heal a specific target.

The eventing method sounds simple, but only works properly if you know which index the caster is going to be in. So it's fine for bosses but really obnoxious for normal battles. If you have the same healer monster in index 1 and index 2 in a troop of enemies, you need two common events, and two almost-identical skills to call the two common events, and two almost-identical monsters that each know one of the two skills. So I prefer using a script to do it properly.

I think Yanfly's Lunatic Targets script combined with the Lunatic Targets Package: Conditions script will add the functionality you need? Once you install those two scripts I believe you can just put a notetag like this in a skill:

<custom target: allies hp below 50%>
unity
You're magical to me.
You might look into this script ^_^

http://rpgmaker.net/scripts/251/

Or just use one of LockeZ's awesome solutions.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
There's probably some kind of context here that I'm not understanding, but, I'm not quite sure why you couldn't just have the healing skill's scope be self-only, and be able to use the condition of being at less than whatever% hp?

*Edit: Nevermind my idiocy.
author=unity

That works perfectly. Thank you. Merci. Arigato. :D
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
unity

I was gonna post "I'll post my solution to this when I get off work" but hey, I already uploaded this years ago. Nice job, self.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Craze
unity

I was gonna post "I'll post my solution to this when I get off work" but hey, I already uploaded this years ago. Nice job, self.

Much appreciated, I might add. I use that script too :DDD
Pages: 1