WHAT ARE SOME REALLY FUNNY RPG MAKER GAMES?

Pages: first 1234 next last
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I feel like playing some RPG Maker games with really good comedy in them. Like, laugh-per-minute funny, whether it be witty, or with lovable characters, just funny all-round. I really liked Razed are the Powerful, with all its tongue-in-cheek references and witty wordplay. Quest Twilight Prince Prophecy Chronicles had hilarious voice-over, but it was so short! I wish it was longer. I found Cap_H's A Man Called Dungeon hilarious, I assume it was intentional. (I hope Cap makes more comedy games).

So yeah, I'm looking for funny games, and I'm wondering if you guys have any.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
The Sword and the Fish is long and ridiculous (and complete), Pom Gets WiFi is wonderful. Can't think of much else that's purposefully funny instead of just really bad.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
- Chrono Trigger is not what you think it is
- The Most Stupidest Game Ever - Re-Duh is the original funny RPG Maker game. A must-play classic
- Uh, I made Vindication and TRIED to be funny. I dunno if you wanted people to recommend their own games though. TOO LATE I DID IT
- Jurrasic Heart is funny, although it's only like a three minute long demo
- Mardek RPG is on Kongregate, not RMN, but you should definitely play it. It has three chapters, this link goes to the first one. Chapter 4 was never finished, but it's got like 40 hours of gameplay already, so I forgive him.
- You Have To Burn The Rope is also on Kongregate and might be the pinnacle of video game design
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Fomidrah's games are gaggy. Also Yellow has some neat conversations in his pieces. Generic RPGs can be fun.
Seer Dell: Dragon is, well, some people have said it's funny. It's short, so it's got that going for it. (I hesitate to name it because I made it, not because it's bad.)
Jay's Journey, while quite dated, had a lot of laughs in it.
Definitely seconding The Most Stupidest Game Ever - Reduh.
Sword and the Fish is funny iirc.
~ alter perfect ~ has a lot of silliness thrown in.
Antagonist had some great funny stuff, too.
Are Pee Gee Maekur Vee Ex Ayce was silly.
Some of the Befuddle Quest games had humour thrown in as an aside, iirc.

There are all on RMN, btw.

Hm... You could check out the Comedy genre in the full games list but for some reason there are a lot of games on there that aren't, strictly, comedy. I guess a lot of games use a blend of comedy so they feel marking them as such is fine. Makes it a bit hard to find comedy-only titles.

Does anyone else remember that really old game that opened up on the main character (now king after saving the world) falling down the stairs and being laughed at by his friends (I believe on of them was the blue-haired mage from the 2k/3 RTP, who was really sarcastic towards the over-pompous hero character)? It continued on in that vein, having a forest where they pointed out the bullshit that is treasure chests and, I believe, a castle or fort at some point. It isn't Re-duh, but I think it was made in the same era.

Kinda want to make a chaingame where humour is the main factor - not like Befuddle or the Alex(is) series, but an actual pass-it-on-and-refine chaingame. Love game first, though. (I know!)
author=Liberty
Kinda want to make a chaingame where humour is the main factor - not like Befuddle or the Alex(is) series, but an actual pass-it-on-and-refine chaingame. Love game first, though. (I know!)

I would be so down for a comedy chain game, as long as I was able to supply custom resources and stuff.

Anyways, buy LISA if you want a funny game. It's the only RM game I've actually laughed a lot at. It blends sort of a 50/50 of disturbing post apocalyptic society and weird, funny shit.

That reminds me, I need to pick up LISA and give it another shot. I never even got that far in it.

Forever's End is pretty funny, if you play it with the knowledge that "wow, this is the second most popular game on the site" and realize how soul crushingly disappointing and sad that is.
Oh! Also, Everlasting Journey is pretty good, humour-wise. Also found on-site.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm gonna mention Okiku, Star Apprentice, but, yeah, there's more than a little bit of bias with this suggestion!

I thought Hayate no Gotoku - Dream Apocolypse was pretty hilarious. Though, if memory serves, the game breaks the fourth wall as part of it's humor, and I'm a huge sucker for that.

Engrish aside, there's a few funny and/or cute moments in Romancing Walker.
Legendary Legend of course. oh god the drama surrounding that game
author=kentona
Legendary Legendof course. oh god the drama surrounding that game

Yes! This game was great. It got more than a chuckle out of me (legit) and that is hard to do.

Also, I never understood the hate it got. It was a decent enough game.
Fomar and Indrah's World of Arum games have plenty of goofy and hilarious dialogue going on in them. :P

In order:
Dead Moon Night
Grumpy Knight
In Search of Immortality
The Sunken Spire

I think some of the other games are as well, but those are the ones I've played so far.
http://rpgmaker.net/users/Fomar0153/games/
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
author=Liberty
Does anyone else remember that really old game that opened up on the main character (now king after saving the world) falling down the stairs and being laughed at by his friends (I believe on of them was the blue-haired mage from the 2k/3 RTP, who was really sarcastic towards the over-pompous hero character)? It continued on in that vein, having a forest where they pointed out the bullshit that is treasure chests and, I believe, a castle or fort at some point. It isn't Re-duh, but I think it was made in the same era.

This triggered some long-buried memory of the game, which I haven't played in probably 15 years. I am 75% sure it was called "Final Fallacy." I think the battles had voice acting, even!
That is that one! Thanks Deltree~ ^.^)b

Edit: Apparently there's a second game in the series too! Woo!

Probably goes without saying, but Charles Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.

Edit: Eh, that was too mean-spirited.
I could use some more humor in my gaming. Totally gonna play all of these.
The only ones that I've played that spring to mind at the moment are...

Corporal Buggy Bear - not much to look at, but it was a fun romp when I played it ages ago. It's on RMN.
Mimicry Man - Just a nice casual game all in all with some good humor. A+
Undeniably Sexy: A Thief's Tale - A very long rpg (30+ hours). It's pretty funny/silly, yes, but can also be somewhat offensive at times.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Dude yes Corporal Buggy Bear is perfect.

Also I don't recommend Chrono Trigger unless you are into kusoge or want to play a prank on your friend.
Night of the Noobyas (shameless plug, there) :(
Tales of the Drunken Paladin - fairly popular, one of my faves
The Most Stupidest Game Ever Reduh - as others have pointed out.
Retro Quest - I like it, others not so much (mainly a parody of GB and rpg games)
Fragile Hearts series
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
author=Pizza
author=Liberty
I would be so down for a comedy chain game, as long as I was able to supply custom resources and stuff.

Anyways, buy LISA if you want a funny game. It's the only RM game I've actually laughed a lot at. It blends sort of a 50/50 of disturbing post apocalyptic society and weird, funny shit.

That reminds me, I need to pick up LISA and give it another shot. I never even got that far in it.

Forever's End is pretty funny, if you play it with the knowledge that "wow, this is the second most popular game on the site" and realize how soul crushingly disappointing and sad that is.

i was going to mention forever's end but then decided to be serious. thank you pizza
I'll third "Stupidest Game Ever - ReDuh"

Such great memories on that one. There was another rare game I think was called "Crystal Chase" or something like that. That was a funny one.

Or the original Chain Game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSJRm3aZ3ak

Dear God is that shit funny.
+1 to
The Most Stupidest Game Re-duh
Romancing Walker
The Sword and the Fish
Pages: first 1234 next last