THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
author=Cherry
Of course 8.1 as well. I kind of included that when I wrote about 8.

Just wanted to be absolutely certain! Thanks for letting me know!
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
author=Cherry
We planned the custom title screen in one of the next updates.

This is great, thanks!
@Cherry: After reading the full ChangeLog I have some questions for compatibility:

author=Cherry
The battles are now faster.

How faster? It would be nice to have this detail with some numeric precision values, to emulate the new behaviour better.

author=Cherry
The ATB bars will now decelerate while getting filled.

Same for this one.

Other behaviour changes are easy to study, like the full screen switch.

By the way, because the source code looks like it is not available, it would be important not to support 3rd party memory patches (maybe EULA incompatible). It also could break EasyRPG Player game portability, which is a motivation for some users to purchase RPG Maker 2003, allowing to distribute their games on other platforms, like Android or OS X.
To make the battles faster and to help reduce the possibilities of the cancel command bug from occurring, this is now how the ATB works, it will start fast and will get slower until it's at ~80% the rest is normal speed.
For a clearer picture:

0% => speed x5
8% => speed x4.5
17% => speed x4
75% => speed x1.5
83% => speed x1
… stays at speed x1 until 100%
author=Archeia_Nessiah
To make the battles faster and to help reduce the possibilities of the cancel command bug from occurring, this is now how the ATB works, it will start fast and will get slower until it's at ~80% the rest is normal speed.
For a clearer picture:

0% => speed x5
8% => speed x4.5
17% => speed x4
75% => speed x1.5
83% => speed x1
… stays at speed x1 until 100%

Thank you Archeia for these details, this will help a lot for a better battle interpretation.

EDIT: Thanks Cherry for the correction :D
Actually, I gave you incorrect information on this one, sorry. I forgot that I changed the formula at the end once more.

The correct values are:
0% => speed x5
9% => speed x4.5
18% => speed x4
83% => speed x1.5
92% => speed x1
... stays at speed x1 until 100%.
Oooh ok! thanks cherry :D
The whole reason for this decelerating is that we noticed that there were some bugs if the speed was increasing in DynRPG's RPG::battleSpeed variable, which is basically a multiplicator on all the ATB deltas added each turn. This way, we try to avoid these bugs because still are not sure what causes them (and finding out what causes them took too long).
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
I own an official copy of 2k3 already, but I'll surely pick this up to support Enterbrain. I almost want to use 2k3 again. Almost.
author=dragonheartman
I own an official copy of 2k3 already, but I'll surely pick this up to support Enterbrain. I almost want to use 2k3 again. Almost.

Plzz do. we can work together

Lol seriously, I almost did a double-take thinking this topic was a joke. This is awesome.

Nessiah, whatever our disagreement in the other topic, I seriously complement you for overseeing this project to completion. xD It must have taken a lot of time, dedication, and love for the engine.

This doesn't necessarily sway me from using VX (or another engine) for a future endeavor, but it opens a lot of interesting possibilities for those of us who have stuck with Rm2k3 over the years.

I play on my project and I see that I have a lot of place where I use patch (my half custom BS, my custom menu, title and mapping). However I want use new full screen mode (I today must use DXGL), and work in official RM version. What I have do?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Was the Reflect bug fixed for this?
It's been fixed in Version 1.09. So yes in 1.10 :)
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Far out! Now I can finally find out how far I can push this battle system. Have spells that cast reflect on the enemy and take advantage of his healing or have an undead priest that casts holy magic and reflect it back on him and just sit back and watch him kill himself. The possibilities are now more endless than they've ever been! :D
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
LINE'S END CONFIRMED
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
a contest to win 2k3, in which you have to use 2k3, sounds like it's supporting the illegal

wouldn't it be hilarious if i had to be subjected to a bunch of 2k3 games though? that would be an rmn contest: "impress craze, the rgss3 spokesperson, with a 2k3 game"
Welp, this is awesome. 1000 pucs... I have to buy it now then.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

don miguel represent
As soon as I heard this it was instant buy on Steam.

There is only a few gripes that I hope gets resolved in due time.

Support of .ogg files. C'mon, all those music tracks I bought on Steam/RM Store, I'd like to use em' in rm2k3 as well man. :D

The limits for enemies, I am so used to having my end game enemies above the 99999 HP limit. Now, the REAL big question for me too is... has the actual engine been improved to load up big games?

Should also be able to show pictures during battle, that was a nice feature to have when DynRPG's stuff did that.

I'm sure a few of us know that feeling of waiting 2-3 minutes every time we make a new switch or a new... SOMETHING with events or even the database?

If a lot if not all of these have been solved later, then count me one grinning prick. But it's still good to see rm2k3 officially here.

EDIT: Just tried loading up one of my biggest rm2k3 games, and sadly it doesn't load it any faster. And I noticed DynRPG's plugins don't work as well. Oh well.

I suppose I can work on one of my older projects that doesn't require all that loading time I guess. ha ha ha.