THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

Holy fucking god...
Cherry you are the boss.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Commercial Rm2k3 mapper available just so you guys know ;D

It's so weird, here I thought all that useless knowledge of the inner workings of this old irrelevant program were forever wasted time & effort.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Tau
Commercial Rm2k3 mapper available just so you guys know ;D

It's so weird, here I thought all that useless knowledge of the inner workings of this old irrelevant program were forever wasted time & effort.

Allow me to ditto everything you just said.
Corfasius, let me hire you already.
SO EXCITEBIKE!
I have a few suggestions for an update!
-MP3 loop correction (if it hasn't been implemented already)
-Support for larger sprites
-DYN RPG support (of course)

Regardless, I'll be purchasing this immediately.
Thanks to EVERYONE responsible for making this happen.
<3<3<3<3 A million lubs.
I believe that, give it a little while, and the engine will be available on RMW as well as Steam, so you don't have to use Steam to get it. And after a while it should be available for the Affiliate program so it should show up in RMN store (yes, we have a store).

Oh, and btw, my avatar was another hint about it coming out. That Zack is one of the icons (Zack or Dragon snot Egg) and, well, prequel~
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Corfasius, let me hire you already.

You know where to find me.

But no seriously, you should totally do it; I'm scraping for cash. Feral Solidarity was a shit show.
Really quite old-new News :) great work. this one was my favorite engine for long long time.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
You know, I won't be using 2k3 myself (I am a spoiled RMXP baby) but from the enthusiasm in this topic, I'm looking forward to the influx of new titles from it. I guess scripting is a huge hurdle for lots of people.

Well done/Congrats to Cherry and Nessiah for pushing this through, you guys must've worked super hard and I'm glad it's paying off.
The only things bugging me are that blasted color limit in the images, and not being able to add loop points to MP3s.
Hmm, but one thing that bugs me.

Can you build Custom Title screen here ? or is there that ummm default horrible thing :
start
continue
quit.

I can do custom title screen without Default one (it skips)- with power mode2003 which is non-commercial ripoff, tho.
Corfaisus
author=MarkusT
The only things bugging me are that blasted color limit in the images, and not being able to add loop points to MP3s.

Still better than having to use OGGs and not having access to the fade in/fade out option for music. Seriously, Enterbrain?
@Rebezion: We will add custom titles in one of the next updates.
That sounds ok, any idea when the custom title will be available ? i know its too soon, but that is one of things that is pushing me away from buying it now. I m really considering to build small 2k3 hack and slash commerical game with all custom stuff, pixelart, etc. while I m working on my Arvesia game in different engine... that project is planned for years, i might try to sell my custom hack n slash RPG that way like for 1 usd, um... now when license allows it.
This is absolutely without any warranty and mustn't be considered an official statement, but I expect it in the next 1-2 weeks.
Better AEP OK, will be in next version.

What will be with another patches? I especially use turn base battle and pics in battle. I don't want to half year work for my game I have to lost...

Can I buy this RM in future not in sream (I hate this platform, this is shit), I willingly buy this program in other place (unfortunately box edition not will be) but no sream.

Can I edit RPG_RT and editor.exe in hexeditor (change texts and values etc)?
I'm a bit leary. I'd love to finish Amulet of Fate and potentially make it commercial (doubtful, but hey!) but I have a modified game EXE to up enemy and damage stats as well as a few other things essential to the battle system. I'm not sure if updating my game to this official version is going to break some features or compatibility within the game.
author=Me earlier
Also, a few goals, since you're actively updating:

Battle Events
  • 2k3 does not have Change HP - All Enemies or Change MP - All Enemies
  • Conditions Trigger should have Switch ON as a dropbox that can also select OFF, Variable should have options besides Above
  • Maybe add options to the Condition Trigger in general (Monster is targeted, would be a great one, since it could start events when you actually attack)
  • Ditto for the other battle event conditions branches (At the very least, if Hero is the target, since otherwise you have to resort to awkward targeting codes. But probably also if hero is inflicted by X status, and the same for monsters)
  • Add something nice to the final space in Battle Events (after End Combat), maybe Restart Battle for time effects or something

Skills/Items
  • There are a ton of space gaps where stuff could be added. Possibly allow a switch checkbox, since currently Switch skills does not display when I make a Skill Subtype (which nearly all my characters have, to hide stuff like Limit Breaks and special commands). Ditto for the items, whatever seems good.
  • Make the attributes more customizable. For instance, in VX Ace, you you could have monsters damage you
  • With bugmenot's permission, see about working in some of the RPS+ features as buttons (nonreflectable, piercing, name, etc).
  • I think if you don't check Only Usable on Dead Characters, items don't trigger on that character. Meaning I can't make an item that targets monsters living or dead. That said, some items might miss if they targeted enemies that were dead. Ummmm, something like
  • Make medicines have a radio button Cure/Inflict because you know sometimes I want a haste potion (without making a skill scroll).
  • More Options for weapons
  • More options for accessories (it's good that they have the ones they do for armor, but the accessories should be expanded to included enounter, exp, and other changes. Accesories is seriously underwhelming. Final Fantasy 12 is a good place to start, they had a ton of good accessories.)

Also, of course, build in the ThisEvent to Common Events. I can't think of when this would not be useful.

There may be more, I just can't think of them.

Basically, beefed up menus, making everything transferable. A few more things:

• Maybe some features like the VX Ace show followers too.
  • Or actually making it so you can reorder party members with a custom menu rather than add/removing. A default use for the Order thing which just includes the first four party members would be nice.
  • As would a maximum party setter. Some games, like Lunar have actually had 5 members (and there could be a temporary member feature for summoning). And some games like Secret of Mana typically have a three member cap.
  • Maybe battle layout menu options too, like being able to choose between Turn Based and ATB modes. And built-in support for CTB might be nice.
  • Condition Branches has If Item Is Used and If Skill Is Used. We have plugins for this, so I know it can be built in.
  • Also yea, plugins should work. I have about 15 of them! My game would not work properly otherwise. And some of them are features that are completely insane (like making text files and reading them).
  • Self Switches! I cannot tell you how annoying chest making is without them, since switches are wasted on these things.
  • Also... there's a biggie. With Play BGM, can you make Play Sound play Mp3? I want sound to play with the Music (Disharmony is screwed up, and can't be reinstalled). Because they are handled differently, I have stupidity like either trying to rename files mp3.wav (worked for awhile then I got no wav sound due to Disharmony glitching) have it not notice Mp3 files when just moving Mp3 to the Sounds folder, or having it play in a loop because all Music files play that way. Oh yea, and maybe have a radio button for Music to Play Once/Play in Loop. I know there is a Play Once condition option, but it doesn't work without being in a loop (which slows processing).

Some of these changes might increase the cost. But if the engine suddenly had new functionality, it would be worth it (more than I can say of stripped down XP).
As it is, some stuff is a matter of programming, and some stuff requires lines and lines of code, because the developers didn't think ahead and realize, "Oh, maybe this would be good," so people like me have had to use weird workarounds (some of the item issues have made it so to get an item that checked whether it was used on a person (Uhhhh, duh, make a If Item was USED rather than just If Item Is HAD) meant I had to trigger status on characters, or add skills by skill book and check for those skills).

Better AEP OK, will be in next version.

Should be toggled. Beginners may like to choose the default stuff, experts may want to build their own.

Making stuff distinct from the old version, actually increases credibility of it being legal. These don't all have to be done (they're mainly pet peeves over the years with 2k3), but some of the issues like not being able to check whether an item/skill was used, not being able to check whether a monster has a status, the hero was targeted, stuff like that is important.
author=Darkflamewolf
I'm a bit leary. I'd love to finish Amulet of Fate and potentially make it commercial (doubtful, but hey!)

I think there may be issue with this. Not sure what charset, tilesets, etc. are you using. I think the things that do not vioalte 3rd parties are

- RTP, which comes with RPG maker

if you are using any Snes rip or tileset is, then there might be the issue. If i would go for commercial rm2k3 game I think only custom graphic counts besides RTP for commercial release.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Is it really that different?What are the new features?