WEEKLY SPEEDPAINTING SERIES

Pages: first 123 next last
Hello there artsy folks,
My sister and I have started a little series to motivate ourselves to get shit done!
Join in on the fun!

Roughly each week we set a theme to draw a speedpainting. Ranging between a few minutes and a few hours.

If you are interested, just sign up below and show your stuff by the end of each week!
Feel free to explore and stretch the theme to your liking and use any medium (traditional/digital art) and style (pixel etc.) you'd like to use.

Next Theme: Halloween

('cause it's that time of the year)

The first week's theme was underwater world, to give an example.
Themes are taken from a list and can either be the place, a focus or an atmosphere. Like rain, martial arts, cutesy, robots, horsemen fight, to name a few. (feel free to post suggestions)

Previous Themes:
1. Underwaterworld
2. Forest Temple
3. Waterfall
4. Ant Colony
5. Cutesy
6. Martial Arts
7. Cloudy Sky
8. Wolf
9. Volcano
10. Hidden Objects
11. Horsemen
12. Card Game
13. Space Ship
14. Water snake
15. Dance
16. Feeding Animals
17. Kraken
18. Storm
19. Hands
20. Masquerade
21. Arctic
22. Robots
23. Scary / Uncanny

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Ahh, I might try this! Speed painting is super fun and I need more practice with painting and blending...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
2-3 hours is a speed painting? I thought that meant more like 3-5 minutes.
Speed paintings vary between a bunch of minutes and a few hours. You are supposed to have a finished work before you.
3-5 minutes is sketching. It's good practice, but finishing paintings quickly is just as important a practice.

I don't know about you guys, but I've always loved sketching. 98% of my drawn stuff remains a sketch. This little piece above took me exactly 2 hours. A little bit more than 30 on reference, sketching and lineart and the rest on the colors.
Next speedpainting done!

Starting next week the next theme will be waterfall.
This week's speedpainting is up! The theme was waterfall!

http://kylaila.deviantart.com/art/Waterfall-534421543

The focus was on the hair so the rest is left blurry and simple.

Next will be ant colony, although there is still time (and ants, huh!)

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=slash
Ahh, I might try this! Speed painting is super fun and I need more practice with painting and blending...

This. Cool Waterfall.
Ant Colony!

Next week: Cutesy!
tackle sceneries out of our comfort zone

youre still inside comfort zone imo

if you want to try something new: forget subject and imagination for a second. paint from a photo of a badly lit flower vase using a thick brush (about 1/40th of canvas). complete the image as fully as possible within 5 mins
The main goal is : get shit done. I haven't used the tablet at all before that, and 99% of what I've been doing is sketching creatures or people. So even adding any sort of background is new to me^^

Either way, thanks for the idea. Sounds fun.

CUTESY!

Done.

Next: Martial Arts.

DONE!
Had lots and lots and lots of fun drawing these ~
That looks very very good. I've probably already said this, but I need to start participating in this.
That is easy then. Just start your programme of choice up and be awesome!

The moment you read this, just do it. Even if you just manage a rough sketch. Do it. You can start it up whenever you want, and right now is a good time.

Cloudy sky - DONE.
Very quick. I am tired.

Next theme: Wolf

Also: all you lazy people, go do stuff!
So tired .. so tired .. let this be over.

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
That wolf picture looks fantastic, Kylaila! Really good job!
Now take a rest, you deserve it.

As you can see, I stretched the theme a lot.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
This is cool. I'll give it a shot. Been meaning to learn digital painting.
welcome aboard!

I think with a different background this would look pretty neat. Keep it coming! :)
Pages: first 123 next last