GAMEPAGE USER CATEGORIES & MAKERSCORE QUESTION

Pages: 1
Just a quick suggestion and question. I've noticed as of late that the user categories for gamepages seem a little limited. It seems sort of odd that there aren't official categories for Artists or Musicians on the pages, and that they have to be added to "other" when making a page. I mean, it's not unusual for someone in the RM community or an RM team to work just those positions on a game.

I began thinking about this because, and I'm not totally sure about it, but I think that you don't get makerscore for being listed as "Other"? Again, I could be wrong, but I couldn't find any confirmation that users listed as "Other" were getting some of the makerscore for the games that they worked on.

Just wondering why only Testers get an actual category outside of Devs & Leads. Seems somewhat strange given that there are probably just as many dedicated Testers as there are Artists or Musicians in the community.
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, I think it'd be totally cool to have positions for Artists and Musicians myself ^_^ They do so much to bring games alive :DDD
Uh, you can change Other to a custom title when you add a person to the page. Just... type the title you want them to be and choose Other. It even tells you that on the page. It's... yeah, a thing that already exists.

...that reminds me, I should add ocean as my Token Slacker...

Tadaaah~
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
You do get MS for the other category. First weird MS addition I ever had was because Nick added me to Infinity 4 since I helped out with a couple of sidequest ideas and a bunch of random NPC dialogue. I don't know how it is distributed percentage-wise though.
The true story is Tester, Developer, Lead, and Other are hardcoded into the site's code and a bunch of logic is based on that. It would be a pain in the ass to revamp that, so I have put it off.
author=Liberty
Uh, you can change Other to a custom title when you add a person to the page. Just... type the title you want them to be and choose Other. It even tells you that on the page. It's... yeah, a thing that already exists.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the OP if you care to notice. It was the source of my question/problem, in fact.

author=kentona
The true story is Tester, Developer, Lead, and Other are hardcoded into the site's code and a bunch of logic is based on that. It would be a pain in the ass to revamp that, so I have put it off.

I see. It's unfortunate that Artists and Musicians have to be lumped into "Other", but at least they're getting makerscore for it. That was really the most important thing to me, I was worried that being in Other put you outside of the realm of makerscore gain.
author=Pizza
author=Liberty
Yeah, I mentioned that in the OP if you care to notice. It was the source of my question/problem, in fact.

author=kentona

I see. It's unfortunate that Artists and Musicians have to be lumped into "Other", but at least they're getting makerscore for it. That was really the most important thing to me, I was worried that being in Other put you outside of the realm of makerscore gain.

I think that used to be the case, until I changed it back in 2013 (iirc)
Pages: 1