WHAT IS TACTICAL RPG EDITOR?

Pages: 1
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Earlier today, I was catching an internet wave and bumped into this shark:
Tactical RPG Maker

It claims to be successor to Sim Maker and looks pretty interesting. Do you know it? Does someone have any experience with it?
From the looks of it, it's based around the Final Fantasy Tactics kind of TRPG. Looks neat though.
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, I'd totally be interested to see if anyone's had any experience using it ^_^
I think I've used this before. It seemed okay, but I think it was hard to get new stuff for and some of the translation wasn't clear. I think something or other was missing, from what I remember, and it crashed when I tried to do something with items.

It's okay, though.
I've tried it before.
Sadly, it's a pain in the ass to use. The user interface is fugly and difficult to learn, which wouldn't be a problem by itself, but then you had to have your Computer's region set to Japanese for it to run, and so would the players should you ever release something. That was the deal breaker for me and off I went with Sim RPG Maker 95.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
That sucks, my sis used to have her computer's region set to Japanese and it's nothing I would like to experience. I would prefer some Japanese machines.
Is there any other modern alternative? I know you can make Tactics in Ace or 2k3 or in anything else with scripts, but something like Sim Maker, what is dedicated to em?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

There is a script for making tactics games in Ace.
But it has limitations and bugs.

What is a "Tactical RPG Maker" supposed to do, exactly?
Pages: 1