FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
They brought the part 1/part 2 event format back. I'm happy now. Looking at the event quests part 2 is going to be the Leviathan sidequest, so that should be interesting.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I put off Yuffie for Ebonfist day too. I finished the classic/part 1 bit over breakfast; after work I plan on killing Cid+++ and Ultibart. I don't think i'll do Retaliate, but i'll be swapping out Vanille for Sazh because protectga-medica isn't gonna be as good as my freshly honed R2 Full Break wooooo stacked with Magic Breakdown. I'm pretty happy about that, just did it last night =P Not gonna pull out Tyro either, I don't think, because of how SS can get dispelled.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
From where I'm sitting the part 1/part 2 events are completely indistinguishable from the normal/elite events. All the event battles before the boss rush are pointless and don't really need to exist any more. And at this point the boss rush and the ++ boss are pretty trivial too in most events. I wish they'd make it so we can just start at the boss rush, and get rid of the mythril rewards for everything below it so there's no need to spend two days doing them all. It's nothing but grind for the sake of grind, taking up the player's time for no reason except to produce a skinner box effect.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Wow, turns out soloing these dungeons is a real pain with a character that has to rely on lucky potions for healing. Who could have guessed?

Edit: Never mind, I just remembered Steal HP exists.
Craze
yeah, i don't see any issue with yuffie since i have steal hp R4/one winged angel/turks suit... but if i didn't have the RS gear, steal hp/steal power would probably work just fine
author=LockeZ
From where I'm sitting the part 1/part 2 events are completely indistinguishable from the normal/elite events. All the event battles before the boss rush are pointless and don't really need to exist any more. And at this point the boss rush and the ++ boss are pretty trivial too in most events. I wish they'd make it so we can just start at the boss rush, and get rid of the mythril rewards for everything below it so there's no need to spend two days doing them all. It's nothing but grind for the sake of grind, taking up the player's time for no reason except to produce a skinner box effect.

They need to reward mythril for newer players. So instead of getting rid of it, they should change the way it works. Complete any stage and get mythril for it, but make the difficulty of that stage variable. Once completed the mythril can't be claimed for any other difficulty tier of that same dungeon. All of the other rewards escalate based in tier, but each tier includes all of the rewards of its subordinates. Instead of normal vs elite, they would be shredded out similarly to daily dungeons.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah, I guess the ideal solution would be a new event type that handles difficulty and rewards in a way that's satisfying to everyone.

Though, honestly, older players are really the only ones who need events in the first place; they'd run out of things to do if there weren't events. Newer players have lots of story dungeons to do still. Thinking about it more, I honestly think they could make most events consist of nothing except the boss rush, ++ fight, +++ fight, and ultimate fight.
Craze
I just want the ability to "buy out" the classics/part 1s for like double their stamina cost and some gil or something.

They're good if you have some record materias that need to drop, I guess...
Craze
THERE IS NO RESISTANCE HIGH ENOUGH EVEN WITH SYNERGY

i beat Barthandelus but not being able to wall up made it frustrating. Baptism in Ruin was almost always a kill, even with Magic Breakdown and Full Break stacked. Oh well, I beat him ~ didn't master but OH WELL.

I might be able to master if I hone Shellga a few times and replace Waterja on Vanille with it. Don't care =P
Yeah, that's why I went with a Retaliate strategy. I don't have enough mage weapons to go with Reflect, but I have physical options to support Retaliate. Like I said in my earlier post, I made the error of not having Stoneskin active when Bart shrugged off his pauldrons, so he opened with Tri-Ruin and blasted Fang in one sequence. You can do without Stoneskin/Sentinel's Guard, but it means you have to use every break and also Mog's Heroic Harmony, and there just aren't as many HHs out there as Stoneskins. You should still try to adjust your strategy and master him. Your gear is better than mine and it only took me a second attempt to master, after my Fang sacrifice.

Anyway, I got bored of daily dungeons and did Yuffie's event afterall. I did the event quests at the same time as mastering/clearing the stage. I still have the 99 battle to wrap up, though, but that should be easy since Yuffie doesn't have to solo that one. I did the power boss twice because the first time I brought Advance, thinking it'd just help me clear the fight faster (and also because I had no optimal RW to choose and didn't want to reshuffle), but then one of his attacks finally connected through Blind and he one-shot poor Yuffie for like 3.6k damage. I'm glad she can uses fists, because I otherwise I'd have no great FF7 weapon for her. I don't see myself using Yuffie much, but she does seem neat.

I've got to say, I really hate not having story dungeons to do or filler events like Rift of Recollection or Festival of Gold. On the plus side, with 153 stamina or however much it is, I can still get a lot done just by logging in once a day. What I'm saying is you should catch up on your story dungeons already--lots of mythril to be had and several of the dungeons are pretty challenging.

Well, I did the fifth pagoda floor and it's pretty annoying. I learned the fun way that Sap and Poison override each other, so don't bring both. My party was asleep almost the entire fight so the bulk of my damage was from sap. Consider bringing Runic RW or Carbuncle or similar to just avoid the sleep altogether.
Craze
Now that Valefor is R4 I should probably hone Carbuncle once. I thought I had, but guess I never did...

I started doing Yuffie too, but I used up too much Steal HP on the trash so one of the 70 or 80 bosses got me. Not too worried about having to do it again, though. I'll just change from the free bracers to the turks suit... One Winged Angel has enough ATK that the bracers were overkill anyway.

I didn't know that about Sap/Poison. The Sap move is like the only reason why I like Ninjas. Hybrid characters in most games always just feel so weak, and the whole class is sorta-hybrid (except Shadow, who couldn't cast a spell/scroll to save his life).
Go with Shadowsteel on Yuffie against Godo if you've honed it. Same damage as poison but it ticks way more often. My Valefor is still R2 because I honed Quetzalcoatl first. All of my 3-star summons are R5 though, which is handy against weaknesses or with a +element weapon/armor.

Ah... Neat. Got a new item today in the daily draw. 2-star Slasher Axe (FF12). I wonder how many 2-star items there are left to collect. They're so rare.
Well, in exactly 24 minutes I'm going to try and take out Ultimate Godo. I read his abilities and I think my party will be pretty decent. Below is my party, waiting for stamina.

I have considered swapping Cloud with Drunk Cecil so I can use his attack power limit break. Swapping out Barret is also an option since Godo is resistant to breaks anyway. I have four 5-star FF7 swords counting Gold Sword so I can field lots of sword users. I think the counter-cura will be annoying so I decided to bring Reflect. Another alternative is to swap Drunk Cecil in for Y'shtola and use an RW to fill that gap, and just put Curaja on Pretty Cecil. I might just back out and change my party, because now that I have that Lifesiphon ability I can probably get close to 100% uptime on Drunk Cecil's 35% attack boost. Then I could drop Steal Power for another damage ability since 4/4 Shadowsteel won't last an entire fight. We'll see.

Well, I did swap Barret for Drunk Cecil, who had about 5 Attack higher than Cloud even though he's effectively 3 levels lower and has a weaker weapon, and then gave Yuffie Dismissal instead of Steal Power. Dismissal actually worked against Godo twice, which I didn't expect, but unfortunately both of them were early in the fight when they were least important (but still appreciated nonetheless). I had to reload twice because sap failed eight times, but fortunately worked on the first try in my third run: ticks for about 4k so it's a lot of damage. Damage was high for both parties due to Drunk Cecil being the man. Godo spams Bioga like non-stop so a second healer might be a good idea, as it was hitting for 800 through Stoneskin, Magic Break, and Shellga (during a period where Stoneskin was down, it was hitting for 2k on some members). Fortunately Cloud can more or less heal himself with Drain Strike, but an important thing that pulled me through was Reflect, surprisingly. I used Reflect because I didn't want him to cut my damage by 20% or more each time I hit him, but it ended up being pretty clutch and saved Yuffie's and Y'shtola's lives when a Cura bounced their way during a Stoneskin-gap, and also helped top off the others while Y'shtola could focus on the weakest dudes. Didn't change much but this was my party for mastery:

In other news, I just got a 5-star Priest's Miter (FF6) in my daily draw this morning. I assume this means I'll get struck by lightning today.
Jeroen_Sol
author=Jude
In other news, I just got a 5-star Priest's Miter (FF6) in my daily draw this morning. I assume this means I'll get struck by lightning today.

The highest I ever got was 3*. Most days I completely forget to collect it, though.
Craze
haha, yeah I read that you can reflect him for the Curas. Good to know it's actually useful. My only FF7 black mage is Reno anyway, and he kinda sucks, so... physical it is! apparently you can also use anti-poison accessories to help lower Bioga's damage, so I think I'll try that out.

Nice pull with that Miter. I got it while pulling for Mog's spear (didn't get it) and it's still my best hat.

I did my 100 gem for Clear Tranquil and got the no-SB 5* Striking Rod or w/e it's called. Nice to have an ff7 magic equip!
Yeah, I don't have any mage weapons for FF7 except a 2++ Mythril Rod which is on the weak end of 2-star items, such that it's well below a foreign 5-star. My FF6 gear is my strongest in terms of the number of 5-star items I have, but I consider FF4 my actual strongest because I have a mix of weapon and armor types.

There was a dungeon update tonight so I'll be doing those until Beatrix.
These dungeon updates seem shorter each time, and it seems like Beatrix should be here by now...
Craze
I think she arrives on the 27th/tomorrow. :<

Apparently dungeon updates start becoming smaller and with longer gaps because of the Abyss dungeons we get monthly? That's what I read on reddit, anyway.
LockeZ
Well, also, we're running out of dungeons. I'm sure if possible they'd like to postpone the end of dungeon updates by a couple months.

I guess if they really wanted, they could add some of the earlier dungeons that they skipped? Most of Midgar and a few other extremely iconic zones like the Magitek Factory and Mount Ordeals were skipped because their early policy with events was "if a dungeon shows up in an event, that should be the only place it ever appears." I don't know how badly we really need new Difficulty-20 dungeons but... I guess it might be better than nothing?
Jeroen_Sol
All the other dungeons would then have to go up in difficulty though, which I guess doesn't really matter for the players, but it would mean every single enemy would have to be rebalanced to be a teeny bit more difficult.

If they work with a system where enemies have levels then I guess it's easy to do, but if not, that sounds like an awful amount of work for the sake of having a few more dungeons.

Maybe they could add a level above elite dungeons or something? Super elite dungeons, if you will?