[EVENT] CHAIN OF LOVE

Pages: first 123 next last
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok, I don't know, how to do this. So, I inspired myself with Dudesoft's thread. However my aim with this isn't to make something epic. I'm pretty reasonable in my goals. And I want to bake this with love, because it's
Chain of Love

author=Dudesoft
So this EVENT will be a pretty lengthy endeavor. Basically, we will be EXPECTING to take months on this.
Together, we will build a game, each of us taking turns to add a new segment. The project folder including the entire RMN Chain Game will be passed from one person to the next.

We can openly discuss what we are working on with each other, so that we all have ample time to vaguely plan our segments. However, it might be best to -not- jump the gun and work on your project maps before your turn, because you will likely not know what you're following!

This, sums it up. As for the discussion, we can use #Chainoflove IRC Channel (SynIRC), PMs and once it is set up, gamepage.
I will probably create shared Dropbox folder for passing. If someone prefers not to use Dropbox, I can send the project folder to him via Mediafire.
Now, It's time for some details:

Each participant will make a segment in the overall game
There are no time limits. Your part can be shorter than my morning shower. There are rules for this, tho. You need to include one dungeon area (it can be puzzle, classic dungeon with battles or anything else with some content), one safe area (town, merchant's house et cetera) and one story-pushing dialogue. You can include more of any of these.

You have ONE WEEK to finish your segment
You have seven days to play finished parts, plan out yours, make it happen and test it. Also this sounds viable:
author=Dudesoft
Each Chapter will be in a drop-down map menu

You will work with RPG Maker VX Ace
As this one is the most common maker. It brings some setbacks and use of scripts can get messy sometimes, but it's our safest bet in terms of dynamics of working process.

Database and Scripts are opensource
Anyone can add to the database and no one can delete from it. Anyone can add scripts, which don't break the game. Don't work with switches and variables used by the others.
You can add cameos and hints in already made segments after a discussion with their creators.

You can do anything with the story
You can make all characters pregnant and take it completely different way. Let them settle down, make marriages Game of Thrones style, fill the game with newcomers. However try to keep some continuity and develop story further. In case you are clueless contact your fellow devs on IRC.

Graphics will be RTP styled
Anyone who wants to contribute with custom faces, sprites, battlers, tiles or anything else is more than welcome.

Music is opensource
You may add music and you mustn't remove it. Use small files (ogg is recommended), so the folder won't become gargantuan.

And once again Dudesoft's wise words:
author=Dudesoft
Like noted above, you can only add new switches or variables. Don't try to re-use other ones...

Signing up
To make this happen, you are needed. Choose which part do you want to make. I want to have three segments finished before IGMC launches. I'm expecting to take break there as everyone will be working on an entry.
I'm not taking the first slot right away, so claim it, if you want. Also there is this rule, that the game will be passed on the next person, if you won't deliver your part in time. There is no given number of segments/slots.

Segments/Makers
1. Capage
2. CashmereCat
3. JosephSeraph
4. kory_toombs
5..Ratty524
6. Seiromem
7. ZeigFried_McBacon
8. ExtremeDevelopment
9. El_Waka
10. Zeuzio
Finale (Collaborative)

So, who is up for this?
(Please, warn me if something is wrong)
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I think the first part and last part of the game are too important for me to want to take that on. Stick me somewhere in the middle and PM me with the file. I check RMN almost every day.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I'm up too.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I'll give it a go.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok, I'll stick with the first part and will start work on it soon. I have some ideas for characters and how to put everything in motion. Good to hear from you, guys.
I can't be on IRC today, but I will be there in the evening.

Edit: Joseph, Cash, Ratty, do you have any specific part which you would like to make?
CashmereCat
I can take part 2.
I could take part 3, it'll be fun.
We'll indirectly work as a trio again~ <3
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Part 5 I guess?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok,
I'm putting your names in. I'll be on IRC as much as possible from now on and will be starting working on my part as soon as I finish something to school.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I'll take part 6 then!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
You are in.
I'm starting writing a story for my part today. I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to dedicate to developing itself as I have four more essays to go, but I should manage to pass it on on Monday/Tuesday.
CashmereCat
Oh OK. Since I won't be free from exam prep until next Thursday, would someone kindly swap with me? That'd be much appreciated. Sorry for the kerfuffle.

Edit: I still would like a place, just not #2 since I will not be immediately available. Cheers.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Count me in.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Zeig, can you be number 2? Cash, I give you seventh part for now.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I'm in brah :D
I'm in

I can take any parts, lately I haven't been around IRC too much, but you can always find me on Steam

The only thing that seems unfair is that you have 7 days for playing AND making the game (thought this would be no problem is the parts are short)

Btw, if I play an earlier part and I feel that something could be better (balance, mapping, dialogue, etc.) I'm allowed to make changes?
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
-Remove please-
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
You probly shouldn't be changing someone Else's work. Not without previous agreement with that someone.
For example, I'm not against someone removing my typos. I would be afraid if someone changed my maps.
You can add cameos for your part. They shouldn't break consistency.
Here are some clues for my part:

Pages: first 123 next last