WHATS WITH THE M UNDER A PROFILE NAME IN THE FORUMS?

Pages: first 12 next last
I see some people have 4000+ in this section. It's obviously not a post count as I'm still on 0. So what is it?
unity
You're magical to me.
It's called Makerscore, and you get it from making games and participating in community events. Here's a more in-depth explanation.
Ah thanks. Hopefully I can get mine bumped up when I finish this title. Who reviews games by the way?
There are plenty of people reviewing games. There are also events in which you review each other's games and such.
Anyone is allowed to, just note that not all reviews are accepted unless they have a minimum of words and explain their points well enough. You will get a checklist for these things should they get rejected so you can patch them up and get them online afterwards!
That also means it may take a few days for reviews to come online, depending on how much time the staff has.

Most active right now are probably nhubi, CashmereCat, Sacredlobo and myself.
There are plenty indepth ones by NTC3 as well.

Many more have become active reviewers recently, though, so you will see many people write their reviews.
Ah, awesome. Thanks for the information!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
It may also behoove you to make a blog asking for a review and/or feedback. Perhaps post in this thread. Perhaps make a status about how you're looking for a review/feedback.

There's a number of methods, as you can see!
Ah, also, don't expect your game page to fly straight onto the site. It also has to go through a queue to make sure it's up to site standards. That said, if it isn't, you'll get a note letting you know what needs fixing and links to topics that may help.

Honestly, if you take a quick look at other games on the site then you'll get a better idea of whether you still measure up. Either way, good luck!
author=Liberty
Ah, also, don't expect your game page to fly straight onto the site. It also has to go through a queue to make sure it's up to site standards. That said, if it isn't, you'll get a note letting you know what needs fixing and links to topics that may help.

Honestly, if you take a quick look at other games on the site then you'll get a better idea of whether you still measure up. Either way, good luck!

Regarding this, what's the min/max game length? We're all busy people and I don't want to make it too short/long for someone to test :/
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I don't think there's a min/max game length, your game just needs to be of sufficient quality, and by that I mean not a single map of grass with a start and a finish square. I'd reach for something just a bit beyond 5 minutes, though, but there are games even shorter than that on this site.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
There is no minimum length. As far as max length, you're allowed up to 500 MB. Any more than that, and you'll have to use an offsite downloader like Dropbox. Gamepage requirements are a description about the same length as a review, that explains the game well--try talking about gameplay, mechanics, story; the longer and more informative, the better a chance you have of being approved--and three unique in-game screenshots--the title screen does not count. After your gamepage is approved, you'll not only get makerscore from that, but you'll be able to add blogs at 4 makerscore apiece.
Also, please make the story part of a decent length. Lately we've had a ton of people with like, two sentences, if that, and then some sort of feature list. At least tell people about the main quest of the game or what you're going to do in it and as whom. >.<;

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Everyone up thread is lying. It stands for "men you have killed".

As you can see, Liberty has killed 14,902 men, while pianotm has only killed 3,669.
Hey, we're equal opportunity! Our women killed count is the same. When we kill one guy, we have to make sure to kill a woman too~ That way it's equal!

We were debating having a W for woman count as well, but people complained that they looked like breasts and butts and we then thought we'd put it all in one lump sum but then people complained that there was no distinction between the two. So yeah. You only get one point of M if you kill both a man and woman.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Wait a minute! Based on this logic, I am more dangerous than LockeZ!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The "M" is for MURDER.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
The M is for Mortality rate.
The M is for Measure Of Your Worth As A Human Being
The M is for Mississippi points - how many times you can say Mississippi without having to take a breath. I'm rather proud of my ability. X3
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Liberty
We were debating having a W for woman count as well, but people complained that they looked like breasts and butts and we then thought we'd put it all in one lump sum but then people complained that there was no distinction between the two. So yeah. You only get one point of M if you kill both a man and woman.

Next April Fools, you should totally flip the Ms upside-down XD
Next April Fools we're renaming the site to UWJ.
Pages: first 12 next last