SURPRISE RELEASE! SUIKODEN III TO NORTH AMERICA... TOMORROW?!

Pages: 1
So apparently, in a surprise turn of events, Suikoden III will be released in North America tomorrow! And double-surprise~ It's also going to be available for Europe at the same time!

It's available for the PS3 via the PSN store, so don't miss out on this classic RPG!

Suikoden III was the first of the series to be made with 3D, as well as the first on the PS2. It's a story of three countries and three groups who have to learn to work together in order to find the truth about the Fire Bringer and bring to light the machinations going on behind scenes, forcing their countries into a war that could spell the end for the Grasslands.

As tempers flare among the three countries, the 108 Stars of Destiny must once more be summoned to war!

Suikoden III is unique in gameplay, telling a story through three separate story lines, following three main heroes through their versions of events. There are also three minor PoVs aside from the main three.

Chris Lightfellow, the newly appointed Knight Commander of the Zexen Knighthood, struggles to balance her duty in a time of war and her personal desire to find the truth about her father whilst learning what it means to follow your heart and be true to yourself.

Geddoe, the leader of a mercenary group working for Holy Harmonia, is sent to search the Grasslands for rumours of the Fire Bringer, a group of 'terrorists' from the past who's leader held the True Fire Rune.

Hugo, the son of Lucia, leader of the Karaya Clan, is sent on a peace-keeping mission to Zexen, only to find himself caught up in a chain of events that leaves him in the center of a fiery war.

The Suikoden series is well-known for being set in the same world, with frequent call-backs to previous (and in some cases, future) games in the series. It's a cult classic which is well loved for both it's lovable cast of characters, interesting world lore and dynamic gameplay elements.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
This is the one with the lizards, right? Sold.

The last one I played was 5, which was almost 10 years agohhhh my god I am old
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Currently going through 2. If this is anywhere near as good as 2, then my body will be ready for more.
i still need to play even the first one >_> as well as phantasy star...
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm not a huge fan of 3, but, it's still interesting news regardless!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I should buy these playstate-shawns.
author=Red_Nova
Currently going through 2. If this is anywhere near as good as 2, then my body will be ready for more.

The story of the first three actually have a lot intertwined between them. Especially 2 and 3 - understandable since the timeline is basically:
Suikoden 1
+ 3 years = Suikoden 2
+ 15 years = Suikoden 3

Let's just say you meet some older people from 2 and some offspring from the first two.

Also, 1, 2 and 3 all have save states enabled so you can load a save from 1 to 2, then that save in 2 to 3 and unlock stuff. It's just an extra little feature.

Story-wise, it's a lot better going back to it than it was when I first played it. If I didn't already own the hard copy for every Suikoden in the main series, I'd probably have rebought 1, 2 and 3. I hope they also eventually get 4 and 5 up, as well as Tactics.
Gameplay wise though, it's a lot different. There's a lot of things I liked about Suikoden III's gameplay, but some things I didn't.
I can understand that. One of the biggest issues with the game is the large amount of backtracking it forces you to do. They tried to mitigate it by adding boss monsters and Suikoden is already pretty good at letting you run/let go of the enemy but it didn't help much with the feel of progression. Viki, as always, is a godsend.
Pages: 1