FEATURED BLOG ON GAME PAGES

Pages: 1
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I am a frequent user of the blogging feature for our game pages. The more I submit blogs for my games, the more I come to want a certain feature: allow users to change what blog entry is displayed on the front page.

I am not sure if this has been suggested before or is in the plans for a future update, but it would be very useful if one would like to leave a high priority blog entry on the front page yet still be able to submit other blogs to the game page. I imagine there would be a button in the blogs section while editing game pages, and whichever entry has the checked box will be on the front page.

For example, I just submitted a long and image filled blog for Diabolica, but I don't want that blog on the front of my game page taking up all that space between it and the comments section until I submit another entry.

Just an idea. Thanks!

e: on the RMN backlog i saw some sort of javascript feature, "show more", that allows you to hide a good portion of the text and to view the rest you'd have to click the show more button thing? would that solve this problem?

The "show more" ideally would solve the problem of excessively long blog posts on the homepage of gameprofiles, as it would hide all but X many lines of the blog, that users can then click Show More to expand.

There have been discussions about allowing game devs to have more control on what shows on their homepage, such as ability to optionally show latest media, latest review, latest blog, but I don't think we thought of selecting a particular blog to showcase. I will make note of that when I finally get around to working on that part.

Expect it to be implemented by 2021 at this rate.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Adon, this CSS code might help you, it won't let you show a specific blog but it will let you hide the display of the latest blog on your game's front page. Then you can just put whatever text you want in the game description.

div.left_column > div.contents > div.blog_post > div.message {
visibility: hidden;
height: 0px;
}
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Thank you LockeZ! I will definitely use that!

And yeah I guessed if anything regarding the blogs was to be implemented it would be ages from now, but hopefully it can be in the future!
maybe when you take over you can finish it
Pages: 1