[SUBMISSION] WHY MY TUTORIAL IS STILL PENDING ?

Pages: 1
Fflo
Be careful ! I'm French
Hello,

I posted a new tutorial few days ago. However, it's still pending.
I'd like to know how much time (normally) it should take to validate the tutorial.
The time needed depends on how much time the staff has, as well as the amount of submissions coming in.

It usually takes a few days, but especially during the week it can take a little bit longer.
Also, tutorials tend to wait longer because sometimes they're rather questionable in nature. Some are too short, some are awkwardly written or on a subject that is questionable/may already exist.
Wait, so we can't submit tutorials on subjects that are already covered? Err... isn't every topic covered already (in one way or another)?
Well, if we have a really well-written tutorial about the use of switches and variables, we don't need another 5 not-as-well-written ones about them, muddying the issue, do we?

And yeah, there's a ton of stuff still left to cover. Though I have to question when people post tutorials on how to use particular scripts... when those scripts already have in-built tutorials in them on how to use. Also, really basic stuff like how to make a door or chest or how to change your title screen - most of it is covered in the help file and there's auto-create events in the newer makers that you can use (and thus, dissect).
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It can be helpful to someone who didn't understand the way it was explained in one tutorial to see another tutorial. Sometimes. Up to a certain point, anyway. That's mostly true if they're written very differently - like if one is a video and the other is text, or if one is explained through examples and the other through detailed descriptions.

That said, I'm sure such considerations do make the approval process take more time. And even if it's on a topic that no other tutorial covers, I'm sure it's still subjected to more scrutiny than, say, a game review. It might be a few days before a staff member who's familiar with the topic you're giving the tutorial about has a chance to look it over.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

They have to see if your tutorial actually works. They need to follow it the way you lay it out.

It usually takes a week to get these things accepted.
author=LockeZ
It can be helpful to someone who didn't understand the way it was explained in one tutorial to see another tutorial. Sometimes. Up to a certain point, anyway. That's mostly true if they're written very differently - like if one is a video and the other is text, or if one is explained through examples and the other through detailed descriptions.

That said, I'm sure such considerations do make the approval process take more time. And even if it's on a topic that no other tutorial covers, I'm sure it's still subjected to more scrutiny than, say, a game review. It might be a few days before a staff member who's familiar with the topic you're giving the tutorial about has a chance to look it over.

Yeah, see, there's the thing. Some people write tutorials that are exactly the same (bar the way it's written which is sometimes worse) than tutorials that already exist. And sometimes there are tutorials which have new ideas on how to do things but are worse - like taking 1000 steps more to achieve a simple system than the three other tutorials that already exist.

If someone needs a tutorial about how to make a chest, they don't need to learn how to use pictures to make the chest show an open image (you know, instead of a chipset) or use a variable to cycle through the chest animations via 5 different pages in the event (when there's a move event command that does that for you instead). It's a bit nonsensical to expect someone who needs such a simple tutorial to have need of a convoluted solution when the general answer is pretty simplistic.

There's a lot of things to look out for (not least of which clarity of reading, proper explanation of the steps and the like). So it can take a while.
Pages: 1