WHAT'S GAMES ARE YOUR FAVORITES OR ANY THAT YOU REALLY LIKE OR LOVE? OR HAVE ANY THAT YOU WOULD RECOMMEND AS WELL?

Pages: first 12 next last
Okay, so I asked if anyone had any games they hate or dislike. Now lets do the opposite! Any games you have that are your favorites or that you really like or love?
For me, some (Key word some) of mine are. Metal Gear Solid 3, Ocarina of Time, Bioshock, Fallout New Vegas, Kirby Dreamland 2 and triple Deluxe, Luigi's Mansion, FF 1 and 3, Mario and Luigi Super star saga, Shovel Knight, Super Mario bros 3, Pokemon Soul Silver, Little Big Planet 1 and 2, Donkey Kong Country series (yes the entire series) Link to the past and link between worlds, Practically every single Legend of Zelda game beside Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, and plenty of more!

You have any?

Listing really good games often seem a lot easier than to list hated games. I mean most games are average and the really shit ones don't inspire a whole lot of hate I suppose. To really hate a game I have to play it enough so I can hate it and not just discard it immediately.

Or alternatively I can hate on it without playing it for taking a series or similar in a direction that was really shit. (making turn-based games real time for example)

But love (or really, really like) is so much easier.

It's Crusader Kings 2. Crusader Kings 2 is love.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That's funny, every game I play seems to imbue me with an incredible amount of hatred.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I would highly, highly, recommend Heroes of Might and Magic II - The Succession Wars. Except that the way I play it is radically different than how you're supposed to play (I cheat like hell).
bdlnds :) , Freedom Force, FFVTR, Jedi Knight Jedi Academy, Tribes Ascend, Runescape, City of Heroes, Diablo II, Warcraft III, Runescape, + OpenSim
Uncharted 2

Anyone with even a passing interest in third-person shooters should really try it out at least once. I'd list EVERY SINGLE GAME I love, but it'd be an incredibly long list, and I'm pretty sure plenty of people already know what my favorite game is, so I'd rather list one game in particular that I've recently come to like.
Oh boy, I hate making these lists...mostly because I -always- forget something. So gonna separate by genre.

JRPG: Wild ARMS 3, SMT: Nocturne, SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1/2, Suikoden 2, Final Fantasy 12 IZJS, Pokemon (any), Mother 3, Earthbound, Valkyrie Profile 1/2, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Devil Survivor 1/2, Persona 3/4, Soul Nomand and the World Eaters, Breath of Fire III, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Xenogears, Cthulhu Saves the World, Breath of Death VII, Penny Arcade 3/4, Recettear, SMT IV, Dark Souls series, Cyber Knight 2

WRPG: Divinity: Original Sin, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim, KOTOR, Baldur's Gate II+TOB, Torchlight 2, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Dragon's Dogma, Mass Effect Trilogy

Shooters: Spec Ops: The Line, Warhammer 40k Ultramarines, Borderlands 2, Dues Ex, DE: Human Revolution, Sniper Elite V2, Bioshock Infinite

Action-ish: Hotline Miami 1/2, Mount and Blade Warband, One Finger Death Punch, Transistor, Bastion, They Bleed Pixels, Shovel Knight, Shantae Series, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, Psychonauts, Okami, Bleed, Batman Arkham Series, Monster Hunter Series, Devil May Cry 3 and DmC, Dragon's Crown, Yakuza Series, Yakuza: Dead Souls

Strategy: XCOM, WH40k: Dawn of War II, War of the Human Tanks, Europa Universalis IV, Crusader Kings II, Defender's Quest, Banner Saga, Sengoku Rance, Big Bang Age, Daiteikoku, Battle Moon Wars, Fire Emblem: Awakening

Fighting: Melty Blood (especially AA), Skullgirls, P4: Arena,

Roguelike: Rogue Legacy, FTL, Crypt of the Necrodancer, One Way Heroics, Runestone Keeper, DoomRL, Nethack, Don't Starve, Crowntakers

Puzzle: Gunpoint, Portal 1/2, Papers Please, Ironcast,

Visual Novel: Long Live the Queen, Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, Hatoful Boyfriend, Katawa Shoujo,

Horror: Five Nights at Freddy's, Siren, Amnesia,
Topic should be "Games you love or like?" to match the other topic...

Anyways, there's a shit-tonne of games that I like. To pull some out randomly:

Akai Katana - You're a WWII-esque airplane that can turn into a 50-foot ninja ghost with a laser cannon and shoot swords at other 50-foot ninja ghosts while they summon flying trains, battleships, or wall-climbing tanks out of portals while this kind of music plays. Yeah. It's pretty rad. Most other STGs by CAVE are great as well. Blue Wish Resurrection (Plus) and Cho Ren Sha 68K are great freeware STGs to introduce yourself to the genre with.

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door - The dialogue was fun enough to read that I talked to literally everyone in the game, and also got Goombella to comment on everything as well. The battle system is really simple, but the enemies are varied enough to keep things at least sorta fresh. Going for Super Guards is good fun. Also, I will second Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Sutte Hakkun and Lup*Salad are the two greatest puzzle games I've ever played. I haven't finished either of them yet, though. They're really hard!
Ilo Milo is also decent, but even with DLC it kinda ends just as it starts getting good.

Star Fox 64 and the two Sin & Punishment games are really good rail shooters / 3D scrolling shooters / whatever the hell genre that is. I've played the first S&P to the point that I actually understand and enjoy its terribly presented plot, which I'm sure is a sign of insanity on my part.
Wild Guns is also a fun gallery shooter / Cabal shooter / whatever the hell genre it is.

Shock Troopers is an ace top-down shooter. In a way it's almost three games in one, as rather than having paths branch out from the first stage, it actually has three different sets of stages that all converge on the same final stage. (There is some boss re-usage across the three paths, though)
Silent Bomber is another good top-down game, but it's more like a crazy rendition of Bomberman. You run around and place explosives all over, and then detonate them when enemies go by. It sounds slow, but you and the enemies can all move super-fast. Maybe I'm not very good, but it seems like you never sit still for a moment in this game.

Yoshi's Island is my favorite 2D platformer. Incredible sprite-work, fluid control, and a ton of imaginative stages. My only complaint is the near-infinite health system and the broken flutter jump letting you basically ignore all that work.
Rocket Knight Adventures and the SNES Sparkster are also good fun, with the latter game having some truly nutty airborne action, as you can cancel your rocket boost into a short sideways attack. Keep alternating between those two and you basically don't have to even touch the ground in some areas! The Axel rival boss fight is amazing because of this.

Sonic Adventures 1 & 2 are buggy messes with tons of other terrible ideas on top of that, but I love the Sonic-style portions of them to death. I just really love the control and the crazy spin-dash antics and numerous wacky tricks and shortcuts you can pull off, 75% of which were probably unintended. It's just not something I can get out of other games - not even other Sonic games.
On the 2D side of things, Sonic Advance is my favorite, pretty much entirely because of the airdash. The rest of my reason for liking it is its brevity and time attack mode.

Okay, this post is long enough!
All of Shigeru Miyamoto's original works of nintendo along with Super Metroid.
The really important stuff:

Paper Mario, my favourite game of all time. Tight and fun mechanics, a charming story and colourful, funny world that's really entertaining to adventure across and explore. It's got pretty much everything that I could ask for and it does it all right. I got it when I was a young child, and I've probably played it a good 30+ times since then.

Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie, close seconds to Paper Mario, again, I played these as a child and I still love them today. They're probably the best 3D platformers out there, even now. I like Tooie more for its bigger and more complex world, richer cast of characters and higher level of challenge, but Kazooie is still fun because of how fast it can be cleared.

The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, my favourite of the Zelda series. The best example of why (IMO) Zelda works better as a 2D/Top-Down game. No cutscenes holding up the game, no long, pointless fetch questing or faffing about in a stupid huge Hyrule. It's just quick, entertaining and easy to pick up and play.

Final Fantasy VII, my introduction to the FF series and second to Paper Mario in terms of influence on my decision to become a game designer. The game still continues to influence my art and writing even today. It's just something that won't ever be replicated.

TES IV: Oblivion, my introduction to the ES series. Probably the first time I realized just how deep and massive a game world could be without feeling repetitive and "big for the sake of big". Some of the most I've ever had adventuring around in a game world.

Other stuff I really like:

Final Fantasy V
Certain parts of Final Fantasy IX
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Skate
Professor Layton 2 & 3
Warcraft III
Rise of Nations
Sim City 3000
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
DOOM
Shadow Warrior
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Cave Story
Fallout 3
Skyrim
Dark Cloud 2. Because it's every single game ever at all times. Dungeon crawling, golfing, fishing, inventing, photography, transforming into monsters, raising/racing/weighing fish, creating towns, hoarding simulator...

Seriously, I'd definitely bring that game to a deserted island. Assuming I could find some way to play it. It feels a lot more interconnected than it sounds.

Journey and Shadow of the Colossus both get my seal of approval for being really pretty, and also being games I would play whenever.

I really like looking at Sword and Sworcery.
Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stone: Wildfire/Thunderflash - not the best story in the series, but the gameplay's been great and diverse so far. Also, awesome characters and a cast of >2000 players you can add to your team.

Inazuma Eleven 2: Firestorm/Blizzard - has probably the most well-written (although the easiest) story mode. A little iffy is that I like some plot points more in the anime than in the game, as well as vice versa.

Chroma Squad - Half tactical RPG, half studio management sim. You both navigate your actors to defeat enemies, but also to garner enough audience.

Terraria/Minecraft - Both deserve to be mentioned as the appeal is that both games allow you to virtually mine the entire map and rebuild it as you please. Terraria plays more like Metroid, while Minecraft is closer to Harvest Moon.

Shrink High - It's pretty wierd to like a game that's a port with notable programming oversights, very extensive death scenes and a non-functional bonus quest - but the writing, the characters and the countless anime references are amazing. Plus, Chijinda is stupidly OP.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Honestly a lot of the games that are my favorites I am rarely sure I can recommend to anyone, because I have super weird tastes. (For example, a recent favorite is Her Story, which... is basically "Google: the Video Game.")

Still, I can't resist talking about things I like, so...

Silent Hill 1 & 2
Deliciously atmospheric, beautiful sound design, interesting plots, ghosty-goos, and an abandoned town to play around in.

Puyo Puyo/Tetris/Dr Mario
I like puzzle games. These are my dark mistresses.

Faxanadu
A little NES proto-RPG with an awesome aesthetic.

Phantasy Star 4
This is what I was playing when a lot of my peers were playing FF6. It's got kickass lady characters, a cool battle system (with the option to combine attacks with other characters for awesome effects!), neat illustrated cutscenes in a sort of comic book style, and an awesome post-post-apoc setting with scifi elements.

Tales of Destiny
I honestly don't know if this is good; it's just super appealing to me. It's the redheaded stepchild of the Tales series, since it doesn't focus on the summons and instead has a neat mechanic of sentient swords that allow you to use certain magics. It's also purty, and has some more kickass ladytypes, and I really, really like the battle system for being able to micromanage the other members of the party in between mashing buttons.

Someone else mentioned LttP, which I heartily agree with as well. That shit's fun.
PS4 for all the reasons Sooz mentioned. It got me into playing RPGs in the first place. And the reason I love kick-ass females in video games ( or why I design them ). And I still want to see an RM script that replicates its battle-system to the T ( I've seen one for RMXP, but that was just for the visual style ).

Most of my favourite games tend to be on the Genny with the exception of FF12. And I have never played Mario or Zelda in my life ( shoot me ).

Shining Force II:
Still better than any Fire Emblem game I've ever played. So many memorable fights there ( that bloody Kraken and that chess stage for one... ), a lovely visual style, fun battles. I was totally willing to overlook the general clicheness of the game's plot.

Gunstar Heroes:
Over the top shooter/platform action that was just so much fun. And that soundtrack.

FF12:
Kawazau's design choices aside, I loved the game's sense of grandeur and scope, its immense world-building, Sakimoto's soundtrack, Balthier etc. etc. And Yiazmat. Can't forget Yiazmat.

It's hard for me to resist making lists of stuff so here, divided by the platforms I played them in:

GBC
> Pokemon Silver - The first version of Pokemon I played. I doubt that there is any one here who doesn't recognize this game, so...

> LOZ: Link's Awakening DX - The first LOZ game I played, and the main reason why I still play them. Probably also the first game that made me realize how much of a 'completionist' I am. I spent many nights looking for side-quests to finish and hunting down seashells. I am also proud to be a THIEF ;p

GBA
> Zone of Enders: Fist of Mars - This game is simple, yet amazing. I especially loved the battle 'minigame', the IAS. But it was the story that really kept me going (since I wasn't a big fan of TBS's back then).

> Riviera: The Promised Land - Riviera has had a place in my 'Hall of Awesome' ever since I first played it. I absolutely love this game! The story, the gameplay, the art, the music, the font, the menu screen, the...

> Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - My favourite in the Castlevania series so far, thanks mostly to its expansive Soul system. That, and the feeling of complete fulfilment after finally getting that damn Tsuchinoko soul (and consequentially, the Chaos Ring).

PSP
> Persona 3 (Portable) - I prefer the portable version over the original one (in the PS2) mostly because of the addition of the 'Direct Commands' tactic. That, and the VN-like feel P3P.

PC
> Fable: The Lost Chapters - A somewhat open-world action rpg that felt like an MMO because of its rather expansive customization. The story is kind of, meh, but it still is quite an interesting game. A game where your character grows as you play.

> Portal - Do I even need to explain why Portal is a great game?
author=Sooz
Phantasy Star 4
This is what I was playing when a lot of my peers were playing FF6. It's got kickass lady characters, a cool battle system (with the option to combine attacks with other characters for awesome effects!), neat illustrated cutscenes in a sort of comic book style, and an awesome post-post-apoc setting with scifi elements.

I loved Phantasy Star 4! I forgot to mention that one, I also love the original on the master system as well. I still get out the master system to play the original every now and then.

author=Sooz
Honestly a lot of the games that are my favorites I am rarely sure I can recommend to anyone, because I have super weird tastes. (For example, a recent favorite is Her Story, which... is basically "Google: the Video Game.")

Considering that you liked Her Story, I could see you liking Digital: A Love Story. If you haven't heard of it, you should look it up! It's free if that helps. It also has a cool lady-type in it which seems to appeal to you maybe just a little~?

It's basically, olden-days-dial-up-internet the video game.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Gourd_Clae
Considering that you liked Her Story, I could see you liking Digital: A Love Story. If you haven't heard of it, you should look it up! It's free if that helps. It also has a cool lady-type in it which seems to appeal to you maybe just a little~?

It's basically, olden-days-dial-up-internet the video game.

BUT IS ITS MAIN GAMEPLAY ELEMENT BASED AROUND RESEARCHING POLICE FILES?

Like seriously, they could change the name to Soozbait. If you wanted to catch me in a comical stick-and-box trap, you would use that.
author=Sooz
BUT IS ITS MAIN GAMEPLAY ELEMENT BASED AROUND RESEARCHING POLICE FILES?

So what you might want is Police Quest!
Pages: first 12 next last