POST A FUN FACT... ABOUT YOURSELF!

Like the title says, post an interesting fact(s) about yourself here.

I have an incredible sense of smell. One of my most memorable incidents occurred when I was on holiday on the coast. I told my family I could smell wine or something similar, but we were on an open road, with no brewery/liquor store in sight. Only about a kilometre down the road did we find an overturned beer truck, with several smashed cases lying on the side of the road.

I'm a fast learner and probably have above-average IQ ( between 115-125 ).

Not unusual, but I'm a leftie but more rare, probably the only South African on this site. XD

How about you guys? ^^
Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
1. When I was 13, I almost drowned at the ocean, a helicopter was about to try to take me out but I already swam back to shore. Fuck the beach

2. I enjoyed Sonic 06
> I could (in some strange way) smell rain. That way, I can predict if it will rain or not within the next hour or so. Outside of that, my sense of smell is pretty much average. I'm not sure if this is a common 'ability' or something, but it sure is handy.

> I'm anemic. I was born with really pale skin, brown-ish hair, and blue-ish hazel eyes. Playing football frequently helped make me look more normal (and also gave me lots of sunburns).

> Though I rarely cook, I never cook anything that does not have at least one of the following: pepper, ginger, onion, chili. The only exception to this is rice.
I have a mild case of Maladaptive Disorder. This means that I spend a lot of time day-dreaming and inventing worlds around a certain character and world. It does get in the way of real life and it can't really be helped, so I've learned to just live with it. It's like a second life in my mind and the world has grown a hell of a lot since I became aware of it (around the age of 5/6). On the one hand it helps a lot with brainstorming ideas and imagining stuff (maybe a little too much). On the other hand, I get distracted from real life tasks very easily.

Luchino, I can echo a few of the points, because why not.

I am a lefty.

I was actually tested above average IQ as a child.

I suffer from MCS and walk around in cities with a breathing mask, a dark red one by choice. As a sideeffect, reacting to perfumes and such, I smell those and many other things far stronger (even with mask).

I cook 2-3 times a day.

The first flight I bordered was 12 hours long and to Japan, about 1 year ago.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I've lived in 5 different countries on 4 different continents, and I've visited quite a number more.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I can lick my elbow!
I suffer from some sort of nerve damage in my left arm, meaning that sometimes I feel rain or water droplets on it when there are none, feel that it's heavier than my right arm, or that it's not a part of my body. Back when I used to smoke weed it would make a kind of Alien Hand Syndrome occur where my arm would move without me controlling it.

I also suffer from a phobia which I think doesn't even have a name- I'm the only person I know who has it:

The phobia of old cartoons. Like, specifically black and white Disney or Warner Brothers stuff. The newer the cartoon gets, the less afraid is makes me, ranging into "uneasiness and paranoia" for stuff like classic Looney Toons and say, Pooh's Heffalump Song/The Grinch era things where I assume constantly that scary things are just about to happen on screen, and then into "I love animation" for recent works where I know nothing frightening will show up. I have literally no explanation for this- the earliest memory of the phobia is when I was a young lad at a friends house and ran out of the room screaming, only to cower in fear in the kitchen after a particular animation happened in a B&W cartoon.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Liberty
I have a mild case of Maladaptive Disorder.

That's interesting. I've never even heard of such a thing before, let alone known that it's an actual disorder. Pretty creepy to think that a strong ability to fantasise can actually turn out to have negative effects on one's life...
I'm glad you can cope with it all right, though.

As for me:
- My IQ is over 140. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean I magically understand everything I see or read. It also doesn't make me any less of a procrastinator.
- I have never suffered any serious injury or illness in my life. Never broke a bone, never needed surgery... I guess I'm either very lucky or unnaturally careful.
- I sometimes feel very out of place in RMN discussions, because I've played very few well-known RPGs in my life. For example, I haven't played any Final Fantasy game ever, and I know almost nothing about them. The same is true for pretty much every popular RPG series that exists.
author=NeverSilent
As for me:
- My IQ is over 140. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean I magically understand everything I see or read. It also doesn't make me any less of a procrastinator.

Everyone knows it makes you even more of a procrastinator, because you can get away with minimal effort.
.. okay, everyone who has the same trait. Probably. It's what it seems like for other people.
I'm also weirdly ambidextrous. Most of the pixel art I've done for my games have been done with a mouse, and my non-dominant right-hand. And I find it easier to do to. Maybe it's because a mouse gives me greater control over fine details.

I'm a bit like NeverSilent in the fact I've never played most of the FFs apart from FFX-2 and 12, and never really got into Chrono Trigger or any of those widely-lauded RPGs. XD And I've also never been hospitalised or diagnosed with a serious illness.
> I love the Russian/Slavic accent. My friends think I'm weird.

> Where do you guys get your IQ tested?

I don't know mine, but I'm living proof that a slacker can get similar grades as one who studies 24/7. That, or that the educational system in this country just has a lot of holes to exploit ;p

> I have this weird hobby, obsession if you will, of acquiring new knowledge. It doesn't really matter about what, but as soon as I get a hint of something I do not know, I'll scour the earth just to learn more about it (not literally, but...). This would explain my large database of generally useless information lodged in my brain. Really, I know how to: braid, build a prop plane, make a computer in minecraft, perform elbow surgery, and etc.. Most are just tgeoretical though. I mean, who'd trust a random minor to perform elbow surgery?

> I hate rats. I hate them so much that I will kill them when they get within my reach. No kidding. I will really crush them underfoot if given the slightest of chances. Can't prove this in any way though, so...

@slash> I dislocated my shoulder trying to do just that when I was a kid :(

@Liberty> Can't really say that I have a similar thing going on, but I do space out often whenever I'm bored or whenever I'm in a situation that I do not want to be in. Though I've never had a time where my mind goes flying without my approval, so it doesn't hinder me in any way.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
KS, a lot of schools do IQ tests, as well as High IQ societies as part of the membership exam, though they charge (MENSA for example charges £25 but it's a two hour exam and you get a fairly informative assessment). There are also plenty of 'practice' exams online to get a broad idea of where you fit.
I Have Started over 20 Game-making projects in my lifetime... And scraped most of them within the five levels/maps.
One time I almost ate a two-pound bag of sugar in one sitting.
I wouldn't trust IQ tests blindly. I score high on them but I'm still an idiot.
Well, idiocy has a lot of meanings. Having high aptitude means little if you don't use it. I wouldn't give too much on it
Another fun fact from the files of Liberty. My family thought for years that my brother's birthday was on the 21st of April. Around his 11th birthday Mum happened to find his birth certificate - 23rd of April. XDDD

I have a scar on my nose from falling off my uncle's back and onto a wooden block, one on my eyebrow from running into (and breaking) a glass coffee table, one on my knee from a scratch which just went out of control for who-knows-what reason, one on my right-pinkie from being hit with a bamboo stick and a large one on my back-left hip from having it cut open when about 5 or so. My Great-Grandfather (Par) had a farm and we kids had the run of it. There was an old A-frame set on its' side and we'd climb up it to sit on the wheel at the top and spin around. One day I climbed up and slipped, cutting open my hip. Instead of going to the hospital like I should have done, Par just patched me up with some butterfly clips he used for the horses and iodine. XP

Despite those mishaps, the only time I've been admitted to hospital was once when I was about 10 and had a bad case of bronchitis. Otherwise I've never needed an operation or broken any bones.

I have four annoying brothers, a younger sister and had two younger male cousins who lived with us as well. Since my father died when I was about 8, we've all be raised by my mother who... isn't a saint and isn't an angel but is a very strong, capable (and at times extremely silly) woman.

Even though I'm pale as a ghost, I have a lot of freckles from playing out in the Aussie sun during the summers of my youth. I never tan, I lobster.