RPG MAKER MV ANNOUNCED FOR PC AND MAC

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
you get the rights with the rmds pack don't you? doesn't it come with rm3 music? am i hallucinating
i'm kind of excited for this, mostly because it'll be available on mac/iOS. my school district's only video game design course uses macs/GameSalad so MV will introduce a new range of design for us.
RPGMAKER MV Now Available to Preorder !
Also on Steam
They even have a Browser-Based web demo. xD Winter 2015 for the English version too, I wonder?

Newest promotional trailer.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
All versions are October 23rd!!!!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I have to say, after watching the trailer and looking into it a bit more, this maker might actually be worth it.

Now I just need to save up on some money. >_>
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Ratty524
I have to say, after watching the trailer and looking into it a bit more, this maker might actually be worth it.

Now I just need to save up on some money. >_>

Are you interested in the maker or the RTP? Because the RTP looks interesting, but as an engine it hasn't sold itself to me. The video also wants to make you forget the time they claimed that this engine had 3 layer mapping (because after looking into to how that worked people realized it wasn't like XP.)

author=Craze
All versions are October 23rd!!!!

I don't think they could have done it any other way. They have learned their lesson from RPG Maker 2003 twelve years later.
Looks like the three layers is condensed like VX/Ace

e: Wait, formerly claimed? I thought it still did. Or are the bits that look three-tile-mapped just two preprepared tiles?
Yeah, I'd love to see a video of someone mapping in it or something before buying though. I too worry it'll have the condensed layer crap like VXA... that is still a deal-breaker for me.
Is it weird that the 3-layer mapping is the feature I'm paying attention to the least out of everything?

It's that sideview and multi-platform stuff that's got me excited.
The more I see about MV, the more hyped I get.

Sideview engine where you can choose where your sprite moves during sideview animations?

Distributable to mac, and phones?

Mouse controls?

Super awesome looking character creator?

Just....augh, I need it in my life now. ;_;

I think all my future projects (minus Mayhem Maiden, I'm not remaking all the stuff I have) will be in MV from now on.
ahahahahahahaha holy shit the html5 demo game is

I'm having ptsd flashbacks to the PS1 ports of FF6 and CT with these loading screens

What it desperately needs is to plan out the assets that need to be downloaded to run and fetch them when it's free to do so. An effective implementation would require manual work but even a slipshod automated one should be possible. I'd imagine there'll at least be some script to help with that before too long but jesus it's rpgmaker.txt right there.

e: A transfer tool for the Ace maps/database is a good idea, kudos to Enterbrain for getting somebody to make one.
Wow with this compatibility with multiple platforms (Windows/Mac/Android/IOS/HTML5), I foresee huge potential and a huge versatility and variety of games to be released through this engine.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Praise jeebus there's a transfer system! That probably ensures i'll move over to it.

Bigger question on my mind though is how it will transfer the lower res graphics of VX Ace... just some kind of upscaling filter?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I believe you can change the resolution / grid size.
So if you transferred it would auto do this for you?
(I'm not sure where you got this info. I think you would need to do it manually)

So no it won't upscale it.

Edit:

On steam for pre-order with 10% discount.

Full Price $79.99
Sale Price $71.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/363890/
God... given how weak the Rand is against the US dollar, MV will cost me over 1000 bucks. And I still have to finish a pretty big project in VX. >< Then again, I'm not that desperate for the engine.

I'm not jumping on the hype-wagon like every Tom, Dick and Harry over at RMWebs.

Edit: Though the engine is coming out on my brother's birthday but he isn't into gam mak like I am. XD
that character generator....... and October 23 release date?? amazing.
the ~$80 price tag shouldn't be a problem for my VGD teacher. we have a lot of money to burn and i don't think T-shirts will take care of that.
unity
You're magical to me.
Even though I was going to be a "wait until like a year after it's released" person, Degica sold me with the free preorder goodies and so I went and preordered >.>;; I guess I'm fickle, but with stuff from coders like Yanfly, Yami, and Neonblack, plus art assets, I just couldn't resist! >.<;;

author=GreatRedSpirit
ahahahahahahaha holy shit the html5 demo game is

I'm having ptsd flashbacks to the PS1 ports of FF6 and CT with these loading screens

What it desperately needs is to plan out the assets that need to be downloaded to run and fetch them when it's free to do so. An effective implementation would require manual work but even a slipshod automated one should be possible. I'd imagine there'll at least be some script to help with that before too long but jesus it's rpgmaker.txt right there.

e: A transfer tool for the Ace maps/database is a good idea, kudos to Enterbrain for getting somebody to make one.

Wait, what? Does this loading problem only apply if you're playing on a mobile device? Pardon me, I don't really understand, but PS1 FF6/CT loading sounds horrendous >.<;;

EDIT: Oh, right, that's just for embedded games. Whew XD;; I hadn't even considered using that
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
The fact that it uses JavaScript is really interesting. How feasible would it be to port a 2K3 game to MV? My main problem is that most of my graphics are stuck to the 320x240 resolution.